3 replies to this topic

#1 LintzMan

LintzMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

The next round of the LintzOnline PGA tipping competition is now open. Click on over to http://www.lintzonline.com and enter your tips for the Wells Fargo Championship where Rory McIlroy is the defending champion. If you’ve just signed up the rules are the same as the ISG tipping competition from last year in that you need to tip 4 players each week, one from OZ, USA, Rest Of The World and a Bonus player with their combined world golf rankings not exceeding 10 points. The rest of the rules are on the site. Good Luck!!

#2 LintzMan

LintzMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:14 AM

The first 3 rounds have all had a different leader at the completion of play. Round 1 saw Bill Haas open with a sizzling 8 under 64 and hold a 2 shot lead but a 2 under 70 in the second round wazsn't enough to hold down top position. That honour went to Pat Perez who followed his first round 67 with a 7 under 65 in the seond round. Like Haas in the second round Perex shot a 2 under 70 in the third round but the 54 hole leader after a third round 67 is Jonathan Byrd. Byrd holds a 1 shot lead over Perez and a 3 shot lead of Stewart Cink and Lucas Glover (who I was tossing up whether to pick in my squad this week!) My summary of the top squads is not working this week so we'll have to wait until tomorrow and the tournament is over to see which squads faired the best. To view your squads progress visit www.lintzonline.com. Good Luck.

#3 smyly71

smyly71

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

rory caught a wave dude!!

#4 LintzMan

LintzMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

Another week, another playoff. That makes it 3 straight weeks of playoffs. This week it was Lucas Glover (again, who I was going to add to my squad this week!) and the 3rd round leader Jonathan Byrd. Glover, playing 1 group ahead of Byrd made par on 18 for a 15 under total. Byrd, needing to make birdie to force a playoff hits his approach on 18 to about 12/15 feet and calmly rolls in the birdie. The playoff was a little one sided with Glover hitting the green in reg where as Byrd found a bunker off the tee, then nearly hit into the water and needed to make a 25 foot putt with 5 foot of break to force the playoff to continue. He missed his putt and Glover rolled in his par putt for victory. Earlier in the day Rory Sabbattni closed with a 7 under 65 to hold the club house lead at 14 under and it looked like he would be in a playoff but some clutch shots by Glover and Byrd denined him his second win of the season. The leading squad for the week was SauceBottle who was hoping Byrd could have hung on for victory but over $725,000 for the week in prize money is still a great effort. blueberrysmissus, the overall leader had another quiet week but still holds onto a $1.7M lead over second placed Blackberry....mmm, I wonder what is in the water at the the Berry household! To view your squads results for this week visit www.lintzonline.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users