Photo

North Melbourne how good are they?

• Please log in to reply
1273 replies to this topic

#31 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

See, the trick is... to find your swing..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8743 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

What a joke of a club and a joke of a president . We are north Melbourne we are going so well we don’t need to make money from gambling , alcohol sponsorships etc etc. Oh wait srry we have a deal with world vision. How much is that worth again? Brayshaw what a muppet.

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Sunshine Golf Club Australia Day Cup Champion 2012

Thats an intersting observation. I am not sure how branding ourselves as a partner of a well known and well run Charity is going to hurt us finacially. It just may create a point of difference that attracts other sponsorship opportunities that other clubs cannot. As for the personal comment towards Jim Brayshaw, pretty shameful , but I don't see Essendon doing much better any time soon, money, etc, did you still cry over 96 and 99 bomber? Great years for us.........

#32 Bomberclark

Bomberclark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

What a joke of a club and a joke of a president . We are north Melbourne we are going so well we don’t need to make money from gambling , alcohol sponsorships etc etc. Oh wait srry we have a deal with world vision. How much is that worth again? Brayshaw what a muppet.

Sunshine Golf Club Australia Day Cup Champion 2012

Thats an intersting observation. I am not sure how branding ourselves as a partner of a well known and well run Charity is going to hurt us finacially. It just may create a point of difference that attracts other sponsorship opportunities that other clubs cannot.
As for the personal comment towards Jim Brayshaw, pretty shameful , but I don’t see Essendon doing much better any time soon, money, etc, did you still cry over 96 and 99 bomber? Great years for us…......

“The impossible can become possible…if you believe…and you are Awesome!” – Rhino
“There is no charge for awesomeness” – The Dragon Warrior

Ill give you 96 pal , as for 99 well that didnt really happen as far as Im concerned we had your measure all the way. Still consider that one as our 17th Flag. As for Brayshaw well ive never liked him since the day as a young kid aged 9 years old at the Adelaide oval during a state game. He was fielding at fine leg, I leant over the fence at politely requested an autograph. Gave me a firm doughnuts as if he were some superstar. I also find him an average presenter and not all funny. Very surprised hes got to where he has in the media..... No north will be right mate Ben Warren, Gavin Urquhart, Spud Firrito, Cruze Garlett, Linsay Thomas, Matt Campbell they will take you to your next flag buddy. You can tell I hate North. I know you like a gamble Mick how about a sleeve of balls for round 1 Clash. Donate to me Mick especially now that you are sponsored by world vision.

#33 brtnboy

brtnboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

How can you claim 99?? Who's name is on the cup!

#34 Bomberclark

Bomberclark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

It was ours buddy, u know it. Then again maybe North were the Steven Bradbury of the year 1999. I still have the Essendon 1999 Weg poster on my wall though:)

#35 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34959 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

I had a mate of mine (Essendon supporter) who was lauding over me all year in '99 about what Essendon were going to do to us in the Grand Final. The problem is - you have to get there first.

#36 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8743 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

My favourite moment in 99? When you floggers got beat by Carlton, by a point.......

#37 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8743 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

Nah mate I don't expect North to beat Essendon in rd1 , but we will finish ahead of you on the ladder.

#38 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4220 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

two words, go tigers !

#39 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8743 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Well North fans, we have finished the practice games in good fashion, knocking off the Blues in the final game yesterday, with Big Drew BOG. We have no real injury concerns and seem to be primed to get off to a good start when the season proper begins. Interesting to note that we seem to be flying under the radar at the moment with the media not showing us any respect. No doubt come round 10, everyone will be looking at the ladder, and saying soft draw, but we will trouble everyone this season, and be competitive against the top 4 from last season. Go Roos!!

#40 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Interesting to note that we seem to be flying under the radar at the moment...

Flying under the radar? a fortnight before the first game? That could be the pre-season cliché equivalent of taking each week as it comes. They don't know we're there..... no one is there yet... Everyone is flying under the radar, as the freaking radar hasn't been switched on yet...

#41 Goodbye

Goodbye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Why have you been pumping Pie tyres so hard then?

#42 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34959 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

La Gooch needs to know. We need to know. You know?

#43 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

I don't need to pump the magpies' tyres... the pressure is good and tread is clear... BRING ON 2012!

#44 Spartan52

Spartan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1849 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Nah mate I don’t expect North to beat Essendon in rd1 , but we will finish ahead of you on the ladder.

“The impossible can become possible…if you believe…and you are Awesome!” – Rhino
“There is no charge for awesomeness” – The Dragon Warrior

Hey Mick, I reckon we'll sort out the Bummers in Rd 1, take the Sleeve off him!

#45 Spartan52

Spartan52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1849 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

And if 99 was Essendons then 98 was ours.. Fark, that still hurts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users