Photo

North Melbourne how good are they?

• Please log in to reply
1356 replies to this topic

#16 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19027 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

What is there to do in North Melbourne, Gaz?

“Do not let a flattering woman coax and wheedle you and deceive you; she is after your barn”……Ed Rayner

The only thing I'd suggest Goldy, is........ "The House Of Stoush" .. if it's still there.

#17 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36257 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

Echoes of Jack Little in my head.....THIS Saturday NIGHT....FEStival Hall

#18 GordoNB

GordoNB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

We will see how good they are when they travel to Tasmania this comeing weekend. They play a team that plays not to bad. UP THE MIGHTY HAWKS.

#19 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10672 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

gg Gordon, however turnovers cost us again, thnx for the percentage points Freo

#20 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:29 AM

With Melbourne's loss to the Tigers, and Freo to play a Collingwood after a poor performance, North is now the only team that can possibly make the eight. Essendon will secure a place in the finals with a win over Port Adelaide next week, Sydney play Geelong at KP next week - but have Brisbane in Sydney in the last round, and North play St Kilda. If North beats the Saints, they will be half a game behind the Saints and Swans. I would expect the Swans to beat the Lions in round 22 I would think North would beat Richmond... If all above happens and if the Saints lose to Carlton North finish eighth by half a game

#21 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36257 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:45 AM

Can you arrange that for us please Mekat. Thanks A North supporter (anonymous)

#22 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10672 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

Saints will drop next two games and we will play finals. I have been saying this all year. NMFC will not be denied.

#23 MickelsonsMob

MickelsonsMob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:36 AM

Go Roo Boys, definatly my 2nd team :-) I hope you guys make the 8. I'd love to see the Aints stumble in their last 2 fixtures. Good luck. MM

#24 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10672 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

**** I hate football season....................

#25 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10672 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

So here we go again Roo's fans, the pre-season is done and NMFC look to be ok out on the park. NMFC have again decided to lead rather than follow and now have World Vision on board as a Marketing Partner..............feed.........the.......World.......... NMFC again have quite the schedule this season, and if all goes well, the lessons of 2011 should see us make the 8 this year. Can we challenge for a higher finish? Can Wells again play as the go-to link man and out run his tagger every week? Can Boomer kick more 120m dash and run, handball, receive etc etc goals? Can Goldstein link with MacIntosh, and allow Petrie to become the AFL's next superstar power forward? Will Capt Swallow emerge as the new 3 votes A.Swallow? Will our backline stand up? Do we have the midfield? Cunnington, Bastinac, Anthony, Greenwood, Zeiball, Adams and Campbell, will all use this season to determine whether they have what it takes. NMFC has B.Scott, The Lions couldn't convince him to leave, so he has the faith in this bunch of shin boners that they can defy the odds in 2012. I for one, see gut wrenching pain ahead, hopefully it will be our oppents who cough up winnable games this year and not us.............

#26 brtnboy

brtnboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Mickey if we don't make the finals this year we are in some serious trouble. We have got a gimme draw!! We get to play gold coast and gws twice this year. We only need to pick up another 7 games to make the 8. We only play collingwood, hawks, cats and st kilda once. And we only have to travel to wa once. If we can't do it this year we are gonna have big issues. Given that I'm predicting that we'll finish 7th.

#27 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19027 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Making the 8 isn't all that it's cracked up to be. By finishing higher, you simply get to play the top teams twice in a season instead of once ......... finish a tad lower however and you get to play all the bottom teams twice the following year. Either way though, I reckon this year North like a lot of other clubs (including mine) ........ just mid table plodders making up the numbers.

#28 Bomberclark

Bomberclark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

What a joke of a club and a joke of a president . We are north Melbourne we are going so well we don't need to make money from gambling , alcohol sponsorships etc etc. Oh wait srry we have a deal with world vision. How much is that worth again? Brayshaw what a muppet.

#29 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

North Melbourne sponsored by World Vision? Kind of like one charity supporting another. North should be sponsored by Tontine pillows, their draw is almost as soft as Adelaide's. If the Roos do not make the eight, they are simply not good enough.

#30 Goodbye

Goodbye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

North should make the 8 this year, how the adapt their gameplan playing the sides that press better will be key.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users