Photo

North Melbourne how good are they?

• Please log in to reply
1267 replies to this topic

#1 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

See, the trick is... to find your swing..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8730 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:37 AM

Yes Roos Fans, we broke through today for our first win of the year. With two trips to Perth and last years Premiers in the first 3 weeks of the season and only a couple of free kicks denied us last week. We have now put up a magnifcent 10 goal victory over the struggling Port Power. NMFC will not buckle to the greed of the AFL or a lop sided draw and be forced to relocate like two other VFL Clubs. NMFC will not bottom out like other clubs have for two or three years to get draft picks. NMFC will not lose games to get priority picks. NMFC will not poach players from other clubs with the promise of employment for WAGs. NMFC will continue to win games this season and challenge for a spot in the Finals. We are North Melbourne Football Club. So Join in the Chorus..............LoL

#2 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

So join in the chrous and sing is more than most mislead North Melbourne should now be called Gold Coast Poor old North Melbourne because of James Brayshaw will always be a welfare club and be forever poor.

#3 armygolf

armygolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3786 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Here here Mekat. James Brayshaw stopped them being a power house of the AFL on the Gold Coast. Ladies and Gentlemen...**** off back to Adelaide you 2 bit hack and get a real job.

#4 IseekGURUticklesarse

IseekGURUticklesarse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Here here Mekat. James Brayshaw stopped them being a power house of the AFL on the Gold Coast.

Ladies and Gentlemen…**** off back to Adelaide you 2 bit hack and get a real job.

If you build it, they will come.

A Powerhouse..........please !!!! They would be broke in 10 years if they went to Gold Coast! The AFL will be proping up the Suns for years to come.

#5 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8730 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:16 AM

Today shaped as a test of charactor for a team which was belittled last week by Geelong. Another tough game against the team expected to make the finals this year The Melbourne FC. 7 goals to 3 in the first QTR and many Dee's Fans were looking forward to another big win. Not today. NMFC then put into play their own running game, and with a play on style outscored Melbourne 16 goals to 5 for the next 3 QTR's. Aaron Edwards seems to be fit and looking to reward NMFC for keeping him on their list. Boomer had another great game, he is a Champion, a truly great player. Petrie gets better each week, Goldstein defies logic and feeds the runners, Swallow closed out Moloney. NMFC will win more games this year than last despite the toughest draw in the AFL. 2 trips west and the top 2 sides inside 7 rounds. GO ROOS!!!!!

#6 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8730 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

NMFC played their own brand of Football on the weekend, and finally kicked straight in front of goal. Despite some undisciplined play in the 3rd Qtr that gave up a couple of goals, North outplayed the Crows all day. Andrew "Spits" Swallow played what has been desribed as one of the great clearance games of the modern era. Boomer equalled Arch's games record, and Wells played tough, hard footy. Petrie, kicked four goals. Thomas made 5 tackles in F50. _Head up son, you will kick goals again._ NMFC can and will continue to improve, as sadly, some other teams fall away as the season goes on. If you believe that NMFC can win enough games to make finals, then prepare to see a winning streak in the 2nd half of the Premiership Season, that will see NMFC take all before them, and be in contention for a final 8 spot come September. GO ROOS!!!!!!!

#7 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8730 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

Its Official - We Suck

#8 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34952 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

How long have you been iRON, Mick? And yes, we suck.

#9 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8730 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

changed it the other day when I was reading the avatar thread, thought to myself, hay instead of iron mike I could be iron mick, and keep my avatar, which I like. As for my beloved Roos, season over.

#10 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8730 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:25 AM

Well maybe not, but I am unconvinced. Yes NMFC played a fantastic game yesterday, and a few of the next group to come through showed some shin boner spirit. After last week it was good to see. But I am not going to let this win cover up what occured agaisnt the pies. NMFC will need to play this type of football every week, and be 10/9 in 3 weeks time. Big Ask, Go Roos!!

#11 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 34952 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:30 AM

At least we fought back after surrendering the lead - which makes a nice change. But I'm sick of coughing up a lead almost every week. Although it would have been nice to have a lead to cough up last week - the less said about that, the better.

#12 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18351 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

As Darren Clarke and Rory McIlroy may say over a pint of guiness, as they lounge in the champions bar ......... They're shite!!

#13 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 34952 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

What is there to do in North Melbourne, Gaz?

#14 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8730 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:05 AM

G thats not acceptable, we are _the_ shite and Rory did ask me why someone would cut up a pair of 1980's drapes, and make pants out of them.

#15 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8730 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

I do not believe in taking a loss and saying how good it was, that's just crap. However I did see that B.Scott has a game plan that is designed to beat the current forward press of the top 4 teams, and it did produce goals when the North players hit targets. Unfortunatley they missed too many, coughed up the ball too close to the Carlton goal and finished closer than they deserved. GG Gibbs, he really stitched us ( and Firrito) up. NMFC now need to go 4/4 to make finals. Look out Hawthorn, we are due.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users