3 replies to this topic

#1 Strugglin

Strugglin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

Just after peoples thoughts and suggestions regarding a bit of colour on course. Whilst I personally find the loudmouth pants to be a bit to much colour I do like the Poulter style pants good along with the colour alot of the young pros are wearing on course. The downside of this of course is the cost of these types of pants normally retailing for around $100 - $150 a pair. Whilst I do like them I find it hard to justify paying this for a pants that can only be worn on course. Are they ripping us off or is this a fair price to pay? A friend of mine mentioned a place in QLD that used to sell similar style pants for $50 a pair which is a much fairer price. Would you wear a similar style of pants that were still decent quality given that they don't help your game or would you prefer to more to have a brand on them? If anyone knows of anywear that sells these styles of pants for around $50 I would love to hear about them

#2 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8124 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:13 AM

all my slacks can be worn on or off the course DFO is a wonderful place never pay retail again Mind you that outfit Poulter was wearing for round 3 was DISGUSTING in terms of his colour coordination sense. A large number of them get their visual impact from plain white pants and a full colour shirt. I have noticed that some of the players that do wear white around our track have very dirty heels/calves on them after a couple of rounds from the dirt/water soaking up them. I guess if the pros don't have to pay for their pants then it doesn't matter too much.

#3 AllegingBow

AllegingBow

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6261 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:58 AM

I love the colour. It gives a sense of ownership, like a uniform. I once had a pair of 'Gold's Gym' long pants that were apparantly also a type of 'jetski' pants. After being in water slip on long pants to go to town. They were lightweight, ideal for our 30-40 degree heat in NQ. I want a pair like that for golf, but I think it will only happen if I can learn to sew!

#4 LoveGolf2011

LoveGolf2011

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

Just after peoples thoughts and suggestions regarding a bit of colour on course. Whilst I personally find the loudmouth pants to be a bit to much colour I do like the Poulter style pants good along with the colour alot of the young pros are wearing on course.

The downside of this of course is the cost of these types of pants normally retailing for around $100 – $150 a pair. Whilst I do like them I find it hard to justify paying this for a pants that can only be worn on course. Are they ripping us off or is this a fair price to pay?

A friend of mine mentioned a place in QLD that used to sell similar style pants for $50 a pair which is a much fairer price. Would you wear a similar style of pants that were still decent quality given that they don’t help your game or would you prefer to more to have a brand on them?

If anyone knows of anywear that sells these styles of pants for around $50 I would love to hear about them

Just a plain Old Battler

Not getting ripped off at all and you will look classy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users