2022 replies to this topic

#1 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:39 AM

Ok I was sitting on the beach this afternoon..... lucky me..... I have an idea...... I want to get a golf ball and i want it to play as many courses possible......and see how far it can travel around australia and the world!! the ball will start here...I will play one hole with it ....I will then send this ball to someone (ok this is where you guys come into play) I will post it to someone in perth or wherever... whoever posts it has to pay for the postage...sorry but hey it will only cost i think a maybe 2 bucks to post if you dont want to pay that then your not in...but considering all the money we spend on golf Im sure youre not going to miss that 2 bucks.... if you need a fiver to post it overseas Im happy to send 5 bucks to someones paypal account if youre completely and uttlerly broke hey maybe Bowdo can have a putt with it somewhere famous......then move it on....if hes not too busy... ...You or whoever will play one hole with it.....and then that person passes it onto another person ... t has to be different course....it cannot be used on the same course.... lest get it to every state within the first month hey!! Im hoping this ball can travel australia....untill its unplayable ...Im figuring a ball last 3-4 rounds before its screwed..... thats 72 holes..so we need to be creative with those 72 holes Im hoping this ball can play 72 courses....... it will then be returned to me ... this sounds crazy.....it is silly its fun and i dont know why but I want to give this a shot.... my thinking is we can create a thread for this ball and name it Tittys adventure its going to be NXT tour..why because we''l get more out of it you can post a picture of the hole it played and the score..... Ok you cannot lose this ball ..Im serious...use only on a par 3........explain to your playing partners what you're doing....... if yoiu just want to have putt with it that fine also....just use in social round and putt out with it whatever you do dont lose it...this golf ball could be famous....Im hoping to link up with some yanks and engish.....Im hoping this ball can play some famous tracks that i will never play..... we have seen the longest course created here in WA..between Kalgoorlie and Eucla Im thinking we can create the longest travelling ball ever..... Ok On Sunday I will play a hole with it here....IT will have an AGC logo on it so its distinctive (this isnt thinly veiled promotion idea either....its just the logo is largish and wont get lost .... Ok who wants to start by using it second...first in best dressed..dont care where you are whoever says yep i want it I will post it to you play a hole with (please use a safe par 3) and only one hole. Its has to play a hole...we will record how this ball scores....and give it a name also...(yet to be decided i think) I dont know if there is guiness book of record for this thing but hey maybe we can contact them.......I will drop golf digest a email and they can have a hit with it also...... we can do map with lines as to where its travlled and calculate the distance.... the longest drive has just begun this is also a great way to connect people...thru a silly white ball ok who wants in......??
  • Ma'dam, effelozeply, lemaspeeday and 4 others like this

#2 Shimonko

Shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4898 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

The ball will probably get lost in the mail... :) Novel idea btw.

#3 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

ok it was long...it needed to be...sort of lol...anywasy who will go first ?????

#4 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2636 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

I can take it to Thailand in August, but not many par 3's without the dreaded water....or jungle.....

#5 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

cool...you can putt it....

#6 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

I just need s starter..hey someone from melbourne would be good

#7 Alongdriver

Alongdriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

I think a good idea could be to have people video record their T-shot as well with the name of the course, and the hole number, and upload it to Youtube. For example... "Musashi Country Club, Toyoka Course, Home of the 2009 Japan open. Hole number 3, par 3." I'll play it in Japan ;)

#8 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19969 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

do you have to hit it with a Cobra?

#9 Handicap2hi

Handicap2hi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

I use NXTs all the time and love them im in. Happy to play my local Shortland Waters (Newcastle) whenever.

#10 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10573 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

What a Silly Idea!. & I am silly enough to have a go. We have a couple of safe par3s here.There is also Styles over in Ireland & Alan in China. Hardest part will be ensuring the ball does not get lost. Either on or off the Course.

#11 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:50 PM

I think a good idea could be to have people video record their T-shot as well with the name of the course, and the hole number, and upload it to Youtube. For example…

“Musashi Country Club, Toyoka Course, Home of the 2009 Japan open. Hole number 3, par 3.”

I’ll play it in Japan ;)

ok great when are you going?

#12 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

What a Silly Idea!. & I am silly enough to have a go. We have a couple of safe par3s here.There is also Styles over in Ireland & Alan in China. Hardest part will be ensuring the ball does not get lost. Either on or off the Course.

its part of the fun....if its lost we will ring the united nationas and send a helicopter to find it......well get the UN involved..... you dont under any circumstances lose IT OK I will play our short par 3 on sunday..do a quick video of the hole just to get things started...I think we should go for as far as possible first up.......whoever here is the furtherest away from WA... I will post back sunday and then get it sent off...we can use sms for adress privacy or as we dont have PM's gere (grrr..) the ball will be brand new..take care of it please!!

#13 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10573 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

In Aus, I reckon that would probably be Me:-)

#14 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

Im thinking a twitter might be a good way I dont know how to use twitter at all but Im sure I can work it out ....we could send out a tweet when the ball has landed and played a hole........

#15 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:04 PM

In Aus, I reckon that would probably be Me:-)

where are you pom?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users