603 replies to this topic

#1 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11847 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

OK Gang, Althought the "Big Momma's" house wasn't frequented too much the latter part of the year, there seems to be a bit of a call to open its doors again for 2011. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, refer to the previous thread here: 2010 ISG Weight Loss Challenge Basically, some of us more 'well rounded' ISG'rs have taken the challenge to try and lose or manage our weight, realising that the couple of extra kilo's isn't doing us any good. According to my (not recently updated) charts, last year we lost a combined 130kgs between us! I think that is worth noting and if we can do the same again this year, that's a hell of a lot of weight that isn't being dragged around the golf course. Instructions for the newbies are pretty simple: 1) Nominate a starting 2011 weight 2) Nominate a 2011 goal and timeframe 3) Weigh in a often as you like (daily, weekly, monthly, whatever) and keep us informed of your progress. I'll publish the updated chart weekly or on request and we can all keep each other motivated. I should point out, that 'Big Momma's House' is a 100 per cent positive place. We don't want any nay-saying or p!ss-taking being done here. Lots of warm fuzzies!! So c'mon gang, log in your 2011 aspirations and lets get it done.

#2 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11847 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

I'll kick off: 1) Start: 101.6kg 2) Goal: sub 100kg by start of March, sub 95 by 2011 end 3) Weekly weighins, if not a little more if I get around to it.

#3 tradam

tradam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:49 AM

I need to get rid of my ever growing man boobs, so I am in. 1) Start: 93.4kg 2) Goal: sub 85kg 3) Weekly weigh ins

#4 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11847 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

Nice one Tradam nice to have a new face around the house...

#5 Wodda

Wodda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1179 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:54 AM

Starting weight: 99.8kgs Goal by May: 95kgs Will try to weigh in weekly, or there abouts!!!

#6 Handicap2hi

Handicap2hi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

Start:: 123kg Goal:110kg Weekly or thereabouts Good Luck to you all

#7 ftg_lefty

ftg_lefty

Extremely Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5820 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Vic.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:59 AM

1 copy & paste coming up!! :-)) Thought I better check in with the first weigh-in for 2011 – 109.6 kg (which is a damn sight better than I was expecting, given Christmas, New Year and all!!!! Edit: Goal weight 95kgs

#8 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5038 posts
  • Locationwerribee

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

when ya mean in shap i thought round was a shape so i already am in shape... seriously love to join ya bugga's but its someting i couldnt commit to love me food to much but i wish you all the best in the journey

#9 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11847 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

Cheers gang, great to have you onboard. Oz, no one's asking you to change anything mate. I love my food as well. Others in the past have used Momma's House to make sure they don't gain weight and blow out. But either way mate, it's just a friendly relaxed way of keeping track of a key health stat and not letting it get away from ya.

#10 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5038 posts
  • Locationwerribee

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:37 AM

Cheers gang, great to have you onboard.

Oz, no one’s asking you to change anything mate. I love my food as well. Others in the past have used Momma’s House to make sure they don’t gain weight and blow out.

But either way mate, it’s just a friendly relaxed way of keeping track of a key health stat and not letting it get away from ya.

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Big Momma’s House – 2010 ISG Weight Loss Challenge Participant

mate i am a finely tuned machine mate seriously Smergs i understand ya the thing is mate these kind of commitments i cant keep for some reason, becuase if i commit to something i like to stay committed. mate i dont worry about weight to much i dont have to look pretty for kiwi as i am not ****.... bugger it i'll give it ago my starting weight is 118kgs of pure beer belly my goal is 110kgs by years out now to book in and get my stomach stapled lmao

#11 Shreksm

Shreksm

NooB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1905 posts
  • LocationThe Sandbelt

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

Great job Smergs, put me down as well - got to do something instead of just talking about it! I ain't getting any younger. 1) Start: 99.4kg 2) Goal: 88kg (by end of 2011) 3) Weekly weigh ins Thanks for the encouragement Smergs, good luck guys, we can all do it! Shreksm

#12 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

in again though have failed dismisally the last few years. Starting weight 20 stone *runs and cries

#13 blueshevy

blueshevy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

I'm in (I think) 1) 94 2) 80 3) weekly (maybe)

#14 Bumpun_Beetle

Bumpun_Beetle

don't you member me?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5400 posts
  • LocationThirteen point six warning points

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

I thought about joining last year but my fingers were too fat to hit the right keys... My current weight is 96 kegs Goal weight is 82 kegs by August (my wedding month) or more actually a size 32 strides, down from 36 I am currently squeezing into so that is less than 2 kilos a month, less than 1 kilo a fortnight, half a kilo a week... I will probably weigh in weekly I do have a strained back muscle at the moment so this week is more aout concentrating on the food intake

#15 Gazing_south

Gazing_south

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

I'm in too Starting: 97.0 Target: 85.0 Will be weighing in as often as possiblem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users