#16 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

The NTP markers, mark the players position on the green 
and you just wright your name on the list on the metal spike stand. The spike stand sits just of the green, my NTP marker can be putt pitch and run over. When the marker is returned to the pro shop it sits in the rubber grommet for storage. 
This system has come from my ball markers they sit int the putter grip hole. 

IP design wrights sorted and should be starting to get into clubs by mid year 
My club started using them this weekend and there awesome.

Attached Files

Edited by PuttOvr, 11 March 2018 - 09:41 PM.

#17 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:39 PM

Took these photos today 

Attached Files

#18 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:59 AM

So, you still need the old style holder for the NTP card, where players write their name and distance. So, what's the other metal spike for?

Been a while for me, but isn't the NTP card the only record needed, with player and distance. It just sits off the green?

I don't understand the need for the extra metal marker?

#19 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:12 AM

So, you still need the old style holder for the NTP card, where players write their name and distance. So, what's the other metal spike for?

Been a while for me, but isn't the NTP card the only record needed, with player and distance. It just sits off the green?

I don't understand the need for the extra metal marker?

The objective is to do away with the tape measure and bulky NTP green markers. PuttOver markers free up the line to the hole, speed up play with simple identification to distance location and yes the players still wright their name on the spike card, that is located 1 mt of the green. 

#20 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:17 AM

The objective is to do away with the tape measure and bulky NTP green markers. PuttOver markers free up the line to the hole, speed up play with simple identification to distance location and yes the players still wright their name on the spike card, that is located 1 mt of the green.

Isn't the bulky NTP marker still needed to hold the card that players write their name and distance on?

And, don't you still need a tape to measure the distance to write it on the card?

#21 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:23 AM

Isn't the bulky NTP marker still needed to hold the card that players write their name and distance on?

And, don't you still need a tape to measure the distance to write it on the card?

Yes the bulky card holder now stays off the green.
The 35mm flat Puttover marker is all thats needed to identify the progressive location.
When a player hits his ball closer he simply just moves the PutOver marker 
Go Tiger 

#22 Tonk

Tonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2618 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:48 AM

There's no need for your on the green marker. You still need the one to sit off the green for name and distance recording.

There is a distance marker on the flag stick if a player isn't sure if he's closer than the measurement on the off green marker.

I don't get it. I hope you haven't spent a truck load in securing IP rights. Shark Tank would rip this proposal to shreds.
  • Fatprick and hack2489 like this

#23 Fatprick

Fatprick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19729 posts
  • Location.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:40 AM

There's no need for your on the green marker. You still need the one to sit off the green for name and distance recording.
There is a distance marker on the flag stick if a player isn't sure if he's closer than the measurement on the off green marker.
I don't get it. I hope you haven't spent a truck load in securing IP rights. Shark Tank would rip this proposal to shreds.

I was thinking the exact same thing, including the Shark Tank part.

#24 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4988 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

Its much easier and quicker to have a marker or the green. Saves going and checking the distance on the marker, then going back and measuring your ball etc - you can visualise whether you are closer or not. i get that.

• PuttOvr likes this
I'm just pissed off OK? Don't ask.
READ EM AND WEEP
http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302355

#25 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:16 AM

The marker function far out smarts the flag option in time and accuracy just do the maths
Say the marker is 2 Mts from the cup a simple look will determine if your closer.
 I have seen people using the flag as a measuring stick and it not pretty.
My Markers allow clubs the opportunity of sponsors to place advertising stickers on the tops,  this has been received very well in the clubs I have spoken to.

Why would I give the Shark Tank millionaires a percentage of my invention?

My Ip rights and first shipment of 5000 markers were payed for by prize money won in the NT Shark Tank October last year 

below is one of the many checks / prizes handed out on the night 

2b50.png2b50.pngWinner of the Alice Springs Regional Economic Development Committee's Shark Tank,  PuttOvr Golf Ball Marker and NTP marker invention! 2b50.png2b50.png

After designing his invention with a hand held grinder and construction bolt, Graham then tested during a match play with great success! 1f389.png

He then introduced his marker online, selling both nationally and internationally. 

Within a few years PuttOvr's invention evolved from a 20mm golfball marker to a 35mm NTP marker. 1f3cc_200d_2642.png

The unique marker designs are the ability to put straight over the markers top without any disturbance to the roll of the ball. They also fit directly into the putter grip hole and NTP score card. 

As the IP Australian Design Rights have been approved, mass production of the markers will begin within a few weeks time. 

Well done PuttOvr and all the best! We are so pleased to be able to assist! Thank you to the Shark Tank Committee for getting us involved! 2b50.png

Thanks for getting involved I appreciate your feedback

Attached Files

Edited by PuttOvr, 12 March 2018 - 10:22 AM.

#26 Fatprick

Fatprick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19729 posts
  • Location.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:22 AM

If someone hits it stiff then people are going to have to keep moving the marker. I know you say it doesn't effect the ball but I wouldn't want to put over it.
  • hack2489 likes this

#27 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:27 AM

If someone hits it stiff then people are going to have to keep moving the marker. I know you say it doesn't effect the ball but I wouldn't want to put over it.

The rules of golf allow you to move the marker  

If your 10 mts of the green and the balls running on line for the hole my marker will not disturb the roll 

#28 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38020 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:27 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

I can miss putts without the need for outside assistance.
  • Fatprick and hack2489 like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#29 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5456 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

The measurement option is more accurate though. Say the marker is at approx 4metres on the opposite side of the hole to your ball that is at 3.95m, how are you going to say for certain that one is closer without measuring it?

I personally think measuring tapes are the most accurate and best way to do it, because you can measure things outside of 2m more quickly and easily than using the measurements on the flag. 

Also, if you have a metallic marker on the green, you run the risk of having an approach shot land on it and unfairly ruin the players shot. I would be ropeable if I hit one and had the ball bounce off the back of the green. 

• Fatprick, Tonk and hack2489 like this

#30 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:33 AM

Lets say you own a realestate firm and your advertisement is on the NTP marker 
and some body has Stiffed it 300mm from the hole 

Happy days 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users