#271 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24387 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Oh if only. No. Marker is 3gm only. My problems are much more profound. Poor stroke with too much face action. Don’t know how hard to hit it so no distance control. Utter lack of confidence. I don’t notice the swing weight change at all.

Do what everybody else does - buy a new putter.

Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018

#272 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5401 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Do what everybody else does - buy a new putter.

Ah yes of course. It’s not my fault.
I suggested this to my pro once and he got this wry smile look on his face that made me feel like......, well, like a bad golfer explaining that it was his clubs fault
  • pom likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#273 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

As an early review I would say
It’s very well crafted and designed
It sits securely in my putter handle. It’s so unobtrusive I thought I’d lost the black one yesterday and then after a couple holes realised it was still there.
It’s very very handy having it right there on your putter. As someone who tends to have a fair bit of crap in his pockets this is excellent.
It sits totally flush to even a fast green and has zero apparent effect on a ball running over it at even the slowest speeds.
Overall it’s a very good product.

Thanks Toph
Thats a great review, forget the chocolate frog I owe you some VB

"The black marker"
I have received feedback for years from people who have favourite markers of there own. But keep a black PuttOvr marker spare in their putter grip for when a playing partner asks to mark their ball and yep it sits there undetected.

I will be sending out to forum members, the 35mm NTP markers very soon for testing in there clubs also.

I am humbled by the ISGF acceptance and support of my self and my venture 

All is on track and every thing in place

Thanks again ISGF

Now to sort out my putting...... 

Edited by PuttOvr, 28 April 2018 - 06:03 PM.

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

#274 browniejr

browniejr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:17 PM

@Puttovr, while I appreciate your enthusiasm and acknowledge the accolades that your design has received, I am still of the opinion that a measuring tape and 'standard' NTP marker are a far more accurate measure of nearest to the pin. In an instance where the difference could be a couple of centimetres (which can be hard to judge by eye), a tape measure leaves no marker on the putting surface at all. So regardless of the fact that your marker has no noticeable interference of a rolling ball, i still worry about the 1 in 1,000,000,000 chance that when I chip my ball and it lands directly on top of your marker and offers me no check on the green, i would be pissed.

I would be more than happy to use your design as a regular marker to mark my ball on the green without interference to my playing partners, but with regards to NTP measurements I am more than happy to reach for the tape.

Edited by browniejr, 02 May 2018 - 10:20 PM.

• hack2489 likes this

Mizuno JPX900 Driver | Callaway Fusion FT-3 4 Wood | Cobra BioCell 5-7 Wood | Taylormade PSi Irons 4-PW | Taylormade EF Grind 52 & 56 Degree Wedges | Odyssey DFX 2-Ball Putter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users