Photo

NTP markers

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#241 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19871 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

Does that mean that OB can now pick up SBS on his putter?

• iRON MiCK, Goldy, koiom K. Asterisk* and 1 other like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#242 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14473 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

I have a shipment of the 35 mm NTP markers being made up ATM so will wait until they arrive and send you out some for testing then 

Are they being made by Topgolfgears, or what ever his name was??

• CaNadiAn MiCk, Goldy and PuttOvr like this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
2018 ISG National Champs Top 10 Finish & 4BBB Champion with Weetie.  

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

#teamgrank devotee

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#243 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4731 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:12 AM

I can't believe I have just read through this whole thread.

I see the belief in the product, but I also see the big problems with marketing.  You seem to have clubs that have their own systems for NTP.  Some here never use a marker on the green and find the tape measure efficient, so I can't see that they will ever be motivated to change away from that and introduce a green marker when they are happy with their existing system.  Some clubs use a marker on the green and there are a number of existing types, some created quite specifically.  Our club for example uses markers on the green (either flat markers or ball on a spike ones) and then measurements if the ball is closer than the length of the flag.  For a club like mine, we already have a system that works and doesn't create unnecessary problems and which the members are used to, so what is our motivation to change?

As for the ball markers, if you go on any golf site there are whole categories for ball markers - plastic, metal, magnetic, with a spike (they call them "flatties" at my club) or without.  Why are you not just competing with all of the other ball markers and your take up is limited to personal preference?

FWIW, I have putter swingweights in the handle of my putter so can never introduce anything to the end of my putter.  Others have shot trackers such as gamegolf or similar with tags on the end of their clubs - so the "insert in putter" option is not necessarily universally attractive.  Again, comes down to personal set up and preference.

• pom and hack2489 like this

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#244 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39425 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

I also cannot believe you read this thread.

What were you thinking?
  • Francie, Deege and Tonk like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

NTP Yering Meadows 25th hole 1/12/18...and again 30/12/18 | NTP YM 12th hole 24/2/19

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#245 Fill the Dill

Fill the Dill

Mong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20797 posts
  • Location#teamgrank

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:23 AM

Get a life Deege. ;)
  • Goldy and Tonk like this

#246 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:14 AM

I can't believe I have just read through this whole thread.

I see the belief in the product, but I also see the big problems with marketing.  You seem to have clubs that have their own systems for NTP.  Some here never use a marker on the green and find the tape measure efficient, so I can't see that they will ever be motivated to change away from that and introduce a green marker when they are happy with their existing system.  Some clubs use a marker on the green and there are a number of existing types, some created quite specifically.  Our club for example uses markers on the green (either flat markers or ball on a spike ones) and then measurements if the ball is closer than the length of the flag.  For a club like mine, we already have a system that works and doesn't create unnecessary problems and which the members are used to, so what is our motivation to change?

As for the ball markers, if you go on any golf site there are whole categories for ball markers - plastic, metal, magnetic, with a spike (they call them "flatties" at my club) or without.  Why are you not just competing with all of the other ball markers and your take up is limited to personal preference?

FWIW, I have putter swingweights in the handle of my putter so can never introduce anything to the end of my putter.  Others have shot trackers such as gamegolf or similar with tags on the end of their clubs - so the "insert in putter" option is not necessarily universally attractive.  Again, comes down to personal set up and preference.

Hi Deege 
Yes its a bit hard to insert a PuttOvr marker into a weighted grip 
When my first order arrives can I send you out a NTP marker and some of my PuttOvr
Markers to hand out to your golf buddies.

PS.
Thanks for reading my posts, if you will take me up on showing your club my NPT markers just PM me your address. I have shown 5 clubs and they all have placed orders. The clubs love the idea of sponsorship availability they never had before.
Thanks again puttOvr

Edited by PuttOvr, 12 April 2018 - 11:15 AM.

#247 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24811 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

This post has definitely piqued my interest and I am really curious to know more about it. I'd love to know about all the things you do with all the extra time and energy you have from not needing to bend over to pick the ball up from out of the hole?

I'm not that interested.

I'm not that interested in detailing all the efficiency benefits.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018

#248 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9401 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

Hi Deege 
Yes its a bit hard to insert a PuttOvr marker into a weighted grip 
When my first order arrives can I send you out a NTP marker and some of my PuttOvr
Markers to hand out to your golf buddies.

PS.
Thanks for reading my posts, if you will take me up on showing your club my NPT markers just PM me your address. I have shown 5 clubs and they all have placed orders. The clubs love the idea of sponsorship availability they never had before.
Thanks again puttOvr

Puttovr

Deege is part of ISG Vic committee, (along with Mouldy and Goldy) and together we run the OOM events here in Victoria.

(see the reference to these in another thread).

Her marketing question on Value proposition for your product is a good one, which you need to think about.

"what is the value for a club to change from their current NTP marking system to yours."

ISG Vic have an  OOM game coming up on Sunday.

I still have the original 25mm NTP marker you sent me.

I am thinking the best way to determine the effectiveness of your NTP marker is to use in a real game on one par 3 and compare puttovr marker system to our ball on spike marker on other par 3. or we might even use it on magpie hole.(NTP second shot- par 4)

I will discuss with Deege and rest of the committee whether we use the Puttovr NTP for this event or another Bacon Tour event later in July (probably at the Lang Lang Masters).

Puttovr

why dont you talk to Madam about using this NTP marking system in the ISG National event in October.

In fact why dont you come to the national event (if your back has healed)

Edited by Can Break 80, 12 April 2018 - 09:29 PM.

• CaNadiAn MiCk likes this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#249 Fill the Dill

Fill the Dill

Mong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20797 posts
  • Location#teamgrank

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

Wish I was playing at Rosebud, sounds exciting.
  • Francie and koiom K. Asterisk* like this

#250 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9401 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:25 PM

Wish I was playing at Rosebud, sounds exciting.

We still have a vacancy if you want to fly down for the OOM.

or can I put you down as a starter for the bacon tour game in July.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#251 Fill the Dill

Fill the Dill

Mong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20797 posts
  • Location#teamgrank

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:27 PM

We still have a vacancy if you want to fly down for the OOM.

or can I put you down as a starter for the bacon tour game in July.

I'll just end up doing what Ghetto's Dad should have done and pull out.
  • GhettoGolfer, koiom K. Asterisk*, Snappy McSnapperton and 2 others like this

#252 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10295 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:45 PM

I'll just end up doing what Ghetto's Dad should have done and pull out.

You and broken Rusty. Always pulling out.
  • Fill the Dill likes this
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#253 Fill the Dill

Fill the Dill

Mong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20797 posts
  • Location#teamgrank

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:57 PM

You and broken Rusty. Always pulling out.

That's extremely harsh, Asian Mick.
  • GhettoGolfer, Goldy, Deege and 1 other like this

#254 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39425 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:34 AM

That's extremely harsh, Asian Mick.

I think that's gonna stick.
  • Francie, koiom K. Asterisk* and Fill the Dill like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

NTP Yering Meadows 25th hole 1/12/18...and again 30/12/18 | NTP YM 12th hole 24/2/19

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#255 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:15 AM

Puttovr

Deege is part of ISG Vic committee, (along with Mouldy and Goldy) and together we run the OOM events here in Victoria.

(see the reference to these in another thread).

Her marketing question on Value proposition for your product is a good one, which you need to think about.

"what is the value for a club to change from their current NTP marking system to yours."

ISG Vic have an  OOM game coming up on Sunday.

I still have the original 25mm NTP marker you sent me.

I am thinking the best way to determine the effectiveness of your NTP marker is to use in a real game on one par 3 and compare puttovr marker system to our ball on spike marker on other par 3. or we might even use it on magpie hole.(NTP second shot- par 4)

I will discuss with Deege and rest of the committee whether we use the Puttovr NTP for this event or another Bacon Tour event later in July (probably at the Lang Lang Masters).

Puttovr

why dont you talk to Madam about using this NTP marking system in the ISG National event in October.

In fact why dont you come to the national event (if your back has healed)

Thank you for staying with me on this subject CB80 
I have 1200 35mm NTP markers ordered and 20 samples the moment the samples arrive I will send 3 out to Madam. I have advertising stickers sorted and they arrived yesterday.
My club has just held the TIO NT open last long weekend the Alice Springs club used my NTP marker on 1 par 3 during the open. I received 3 club orders as a result the comments were awesome. One of the clubs, Katherine golf club, I was seeded in the last group with there top golfer he told me over a few beers after the game. "I won't to buy enough to use all through the course and I will put my own business advertising on them. He took the only one we used on our course with him to introduse when he got home. 

1."what is the value for a club to change from their current NTP marking system to yours."

Sorry to repeat my self on this thread but here we go:

All clubs already use a steel spike plate to wright the name of the player holding the progresive closest shot that sits just of the green. 
My NTP marker stores away by rubber grommet into the steel plate { photo below } all pro shops will love and welcome this simple storage solution. 

My NTP marker allows the ball when hit onto the green from of the tee or chipped from 20 mts or out of a bunker, To roll over the marker, and I mean roll over not like a flatly marker or any other marker on the market that disturbs the roll. It has a cleverly designed bace pin that holds the marker in the green and sits FLAT. When people come up to me in the club house they say " hey about time your NTP marker works. 

2.Advertising 
On every par 3 and in our club we have 2 closest second shots. So on 6 holes the club can receive money for sponsorship. I have just received stickers that simpley go on top of the NTP marker they can be peeled of and changed any time, there cheap and when ordered are a 3 day turnaround with any artwork. 
This advertising is very affective. As the NTP marker gets closer to the hole every body looks at the advertising on 6 holes on the day. 

3. Speed of play 
Golf Australia has just spent a massive amount of time and money changing rules of golf, { coming into affect January 2019 } 
Many of the rule changes are to speed up play by simpler solutions.
My marker system allows players to just walk onto the green and with a glance of the eye you know if your ball is closer than the marker and move on.

The flag stick measurement is clumsy time consuming takes up time 
The tape measure breaks, gets stolen, cuts hands, people who need glasses but not on them can not read the tape, takes up time.

The marker system used by many clubs, use a bulky marker that when the ball is hit from the tee or chipped from a distance hit the bulky marker and runs of course preventing a hole in one or chip out on a very windy day these markers can blow of the green. My marker has a cleaver bace pin that pulls the marker flat.

4.Uniformed NTP system in Australia 

I believe we can have Australia change to one uniformed NTP system. 
My Markers are very low cost they fit into the system already used in all clubs { the club just has to drill a hole in there spike plate and insert a rubber 30cent grommet.
I will have the stock ready to supply Australia made from Stainless Steel with a lifetime guarantee.
I have a world design patent  in place through IP services Australia and can see no reason why this can not be introduced into other countries.

I am just a plasterer an Ozzie tradie having a go 

PS many people on this topic talk about my PuttOvr ball marker several say why is your marker so special as there are many markers on the market that are flat. 
I can say there is not one marker on the market you can putt over... until now 
I have invented a golf ball marker you can putt over every time again and again 

Attached Files

• Can Break 80 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users