Hagler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

nooooooo!!! that 16th is a belter!
along with the all the other holes – just a fantastic course and truly beaut clubhouse. the serve of wedges and chips would keep a small family going, let alone one golfer.
beer’s cold too!

A great course - always look forward to playing there. And next time I'll get some chips too!

#17 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

love the course and the drinks cart girl was smokin hotty....' 18th hole was only let down...the bunkering on the left should be risk reward....unless your Daly you cant take them on...... would have like to see the last few take out to mkae it true risk reard hole.... loved the 200 m par downhill par 3...cant remeber which hole that was..... bar staff were also hot...even pro shop chicks were hot..... Im dead set convinced they had "no ugly staff" policy

#18 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:15 AM

love the course and the drinks cart girl was smokin hotty….’

18th hole was only let down…the bunkering on the left should be risk reward….unless your Daly you cant take them on…...

would have like to see the last few take out to mkae it true risk reard hole….

loved the 200 m par downhill par 3…cant remeber which hole that was…..

bar staff were also hot…even pro shop chicks were hot…..

Im dead set convinced they had “no ugly staff” policy

IF IT ISN’T MIZUNO IT’S REALLY JUST PRETEND!

I don't recall bunkers on the left. Are you sure it was 18? I may be wrong but I thought 18 had a driving range quality to the fairway with a second shot to the green being uphill with only a bunker on the right front green. I only had blokes and old ladies working when I play there. I might ring ahead next time :)

#19 Takeitasread

Takeitasread

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

Sounds more like the bunkers on the 9th?

#20 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:59 AM

That's what I thought, but I don't see them as risk reward bunkers at all- just knock the ball down the middle to right side of fairway and easy 8i in to green. Don't even go near the wasteland on 9. It raises a good point though.... why is it that 9 is a better finish than 18. On 18 you finish out the back of clubhouse and it doesn't feel right. ( is a much more appropriate finish.

#21 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Maybe they have the 9s back to front, the first is a brute to kick your round off from where 10 would be more gentle until the body has crunched into gear.. Still lI've the place though

#22 TheInsider

TheInsider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

Just saw the round three results from The Dunes Medal. Deyen Lawson from the sands shot a bogey free 64 (8 under) Looks like it will be a race between 2 for the win

#23 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:17 AM

Maybe they have the 9s back to front, the first is a brute to kick your round off from where 10 would be more gentle until the body has crunched into gear.. Still lI’ve the place though

There’s many a slip ’tween a cup and a lip.

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

Yeah I agree. I played off 10 to start once and it was a lovely way to start. Great track either way you play. 18 is a bit of boring finish though. Not necessarily easy hole but boring- compared to the high standards of the course.

#24 Golftime

Golftime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:55 AM

If you think 18 is boring then go to the black markers and tee off from there. It becomes a monster blind tee shot that has you woundering if you made it or not. Tombstone Tuesday is a great challange if you can get the day off work.

#25 SJS90

SJS90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:51 AM

If you think 18 is boring then go to the black markers and tee off from there. It becomes a monster blind tee shot that has you woundering if you made it or not.

Tombstone Tuesday is a great challange if you can get the day off work.

Agreed, 18 was a brute during the medal. Into the a gale for most of the rounds. Was a 3 shotter if you didn't nail the drive.

#26 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:46 AM

I agree that it is a brute if you play off the black. Anything forward at that though is driving range boring.

#27 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Arnie's Army

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10124 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:06 AM

Off the blacks, she is a true test, like the when the wind blows off the coast, and some of the tee boxes are hidden in the trees above the fairway..............I say, take a dozen balls with you, play The Tombstone Challenge once a year, and care not where the ball goes............

#28 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

The reputation of 17 has me a little confused. I have always thought that 3 is just a super hole and superior to 17. But what do I know....

#29 jafflemaker

jafflemaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3625 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

Have to agree with you there BL. I just don't get the hype of 17.

#30 2manybogeys

2manybogeys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:30 AM

Have to agree with you there BL. I just don’t get the hype of 17.

I do I birdied it last time I played there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though it is a tough shot to land ball on green into the wind. We play there each year on golf trip and very few play it well. Tom Watson must have liked it !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users