Played there last weekend and loved it. In great nick and a really nice flow

#2 Bernie_Larkham

Bernie_Larkham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:36 AM

Great track, one of my faves anywhere in AUS.

#3 Takeitasread

Takeitasread

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:01 AM

It's a great joint and very relaxed too. They make everyone feel welcome.

#4 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2939 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:40 AM

Played last wednesday. Great track although the condition was not what it normally is. A lot of water on the course. Still great track. The condition was very good but I played Eagle Ridge a few day earlier and it was in 20% better condition. Amazing for this time of the year.

#5 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18967 posts
  • LocationReclinng in The Bahamas ... in my mind.

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

Ah to have my "Groundhog Day" at The Dunes.

#6 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:39 AM

Played last wednesday. Great track although the condition was not what it normally is. A lot of water on the course. Still great track. The condition was very good but I played Eagle Ridge a few day earlier and it was in 20% better condition. Amazing for this time of the year.

Played both Dunes and ER a couple of weeks ago. ER conditions is very ordinary dued to the extensive use of carts. How can anyone compare ER with The Dunes ! It's like Albert Park compare with Yarra Bend !

#7 SJS90

SJS90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

The Dunes is awesome...$45 for unlimited holes and lunch, how can you go wrong.

#8 Rupert The Bear

Rupert The Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:35 AM

Tombstone Tuesdays off the Black Markers (played Aug & Sept events) $62 inc Cart, what a enjoyable day & certainlly a test your abilities to hit longer clubs into the greens. Course is in superb condition. Do yourself a favour & get Tues Oct 5th or Nov 9th or Dec 5th off work & give it a try. You wouldn't even know we've had 560mm of rain this year at Rosebud

#9 happytoshoot90

happytoshoot90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:21 AM

Tombstone Tuesdays off the Black Markers (played Aug & Sept events) $62 inc Cart, what a enjoyable day & certainlly a test your abilities to hit longer clubs into the greens. Course is in superb condition. Do yourself a favour & get Tues Oct 5th or Nov 9th or Dec 5th off work & give it a try. You wouldn’t even know we’ve had 560mm of rain this year at Rosebud

Played today,course in phenomenal condition considering the weather of late, could not fault it. Love The Dunes, brutal course but I love going back to get spanked every time... Bravo to the groundstaff for keeping it pristine

#10 Liquid82

Liquid82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:27 AM

Agreed played there in Nov last year...what a layout. The condition of the fairways were some of the best I've played.

#11 Chanceman

Chanceman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:04 AM

Same same. The Dunes has to be one of the best. The greens are lightning fast and fairways really well covered. Just a tad hard to play if you dont know the course. I hit one perfect shot towards a green, or so I thought as I was behind a giant hill, and it ended up 20 metres left in some rough. Also have to watch the sandy "wastelands" on a number of holes which Dustin Johnson would love as they are not actually bunkers so you can ground your club. Nice clubhouse too, overlooking the scene.

#12 IFYARECKON

IFYARECKON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:17 AM

Interesting to recieve an email saying the 15th and 16th are to be replaced with new holes. Thankfully downtime on the course is minimal during construction.

#13 wazandnic

wazandnic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

Was there a date when this will happen?

#14 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8124 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:15 AM

nooooooo!!! that 16th is a belter! along with the all the other holes - just a fantastic course and truly beaut clubhouse. the serve of wedges and chips would keep a small family going, let alone one golfer. beer's cold too!

#15 makadokas

makadokas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

The 15th is too short and the 16th is too long. (both depending on the wind direction obviously) Also the 15th may be considered dangerous because I have hit the 12th green from the tee there before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users