#31 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33923 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:55 AM

Carlton are just too hot and cold to get an idea of them… one week they are Doctor Jekyll, the next they want to hide….

…and from five metres away she has dropped it….yes, there goes another spanner into the conversation.

Aren't you talking about the pies, Mekat????

#32 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

Aren’t you talking about the pies, Mekat????

No, I am talking about Carlton... Hot - Round 5, Carlton beat Geelong by 36 ponts Cold - Round 6, Collingwood beat Carlton by 53 points Hot - Round 7, Carlton beat St Kilda by 61 points Cold - Round 9, Hawthorn beat Carlton by 50 points Hot - Round 10, Carlton beat West Coast by 29 points

#33 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19074 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

Good Post Meekat, and clearly shows the lack on consistency shown by the blues this year. It shows an all or nothing approach, where they haven't had what you'd consider a close hard fought game for at least a month. I gather from the above Meekat........that you're predicting "Cold" for next weekend?

#34 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

Good Post Meekat

Thank you, I aim to please.

I gather from the above Meekat….....that you’re predicting “Cold” for next weekend?

Not necessarily, notice that round 8 is missing, showing Carlton can stay hot (or cold) for more than one week at a time.

#35 gobligook

gobligook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

Carlton are just one of quite a few good-average football teams. Their defence is still as leaky as a holey bucket; WC looked like kicking a goal everytime they got past the middle the ground. Will they make the finals: Probably Will they be competitive in the finals: Probably Will they make the GF: Unlikely

#36 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

A long way to go in 2010 but it is a lot better than so many past seasons getting kicked off the park. Finals definately, premiers damn that would be sensational. GO YOU Blues!!!

#37 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

I watched most of that, couldn't make it through the whole two minutes and eight seconds. A little bit weird. I do take note of your pre-match routine though, so no offense intended.......sir. Go Blues!

#38 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3813 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

I watched most of that, couldn’t make it through the whole two minutes and eight seconds. A little bit weird.

I do take note of your pre-match routine though, so no offense intended…....sir.

Go Blues!

I’m here all week!

it is all in fun, thanks for having a look.

#39 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19074 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:29 PM

3 goals in a half of football, by a supposedly in form team, what a friggin disgrace the Blues were.

O’Hailpin’s 3 disposals (all handpasses) for the entire game, including that wonderful rushed behind just on half time, were truly inspirational however, and if this guy isn’t brownlow medal material ….......... then I know nothing about football.

What a wonderful piece of acumen, getting rid of Fev and putting this out and out champion in his place as the go to guy on the forward line.

With more astute coaching and recruiting to come no doubt …..... it won’t be long until the Blues are holding up the premiership cup …..... in the VFL.

I believe nicotine plus caffeine equals protein (John Daly)

Notable effort again this week O'Hailpin ..... 6 kicks, 6 handballs .... 1 behind. Fevola ....... 6 kicks, 2 handballs ..... 5 goals.

#40 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:01 AM

Notable effort again this week
O’Hailpin ….. 6 kicks, 6 handballs …. 1 behind.
Fevola ....... 6 kicks, 2 handballs ….. 5 goals.

I believe nicotine plus caffeine equals protein (John Daly)

We get it GPJ, Setanta is not as good as Fev, now just checking the ladder.........

#41 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19074 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

PG the thing with the Blues was, Fev was trouble from the very start, and they allowed this bad behavior to continue pretty much unfettered while the years passed by, putting up with it while he increased his on field reputation. The Blues should have jumped all over Fev right from the start, and kicked him out way back then if his wayward behavior was an issue. The Blues by their inaction, allowed it to go on, and then in an act of hypocrisy, suddenly decided to sack him for the same sort of thing he's been allowed to get away with for years. Not only that, but they replaced him with a bloke who cannot play the game, and who's only claim to fame was kicking a team mate in the arse while he was lying on the ground in full view of the TV camera's. What sort of double standard is that? While Setanta remains the focal point sadly, the Blues will never get anywhere, either on the field, or off it.

#42 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12117 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:05 PM

After you've looked at the ladder Placegetter, how about you look at the Coleman ladder too ;) hehe

#43 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:11 AM

GPJ, which do you want? You can't have it both ways. You compare Setanta and Fev implying that we shouldn't have got rid of Fev and then turn in your next post. Setanta wasn't the "replacement", he was all we had. Technically it's Henderson, a young fella we hope will grow in to his frame and no.7 draft status. I agree with what you had to say, the culture was immeasurably affected for a long period, but perhaps that is now turning. Hardly an act of hypocrisy I would have thought, more the proverbial straw. It was quite a luandry list of accusations he racked up in one eventful evening. As for Setanta being unable to play the game, I don't recall Jim Stynes being a particularly graceful elite athlete, but somehow found his way into a Brownlow Medal. BumpunRun, ahh yes, the all important Coleman medal race, crucial to one's chances of winning the premiership. Given that the Lions won't factor in the finals this year, I am happy for you to spout off whatever keeps you interested until next year. For the record, in my opinion an overlooked player in the Lions ranks is Jack Redden. He has hit Brown or Fevola lace out from the centre square more times than I can count. Daniel Rich prefers to have a shot at goal from 60m, but young Jack has the head to find a target. 40/1 in the rising star betting, he's no slouch.

#44 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12117 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

BumpunRun, ahh yes, the all important Coleman medal race, crucial to one’s chances of winning the premiership. Given that the Lions won’t factor in the finals this year, I am happy for you to spout off whatever keeps you interested until next year.

For the record, in my opinion an overlooked player in the Lions ranks is Jack Redden. He has hit Brown or Fevola lace out from the centre square more times than I can count. Daniel Rich prefers to have a shot at goal from 60m, but young Jack has the head to find a target. 40/1 in the rising star betting, he’s no slouch.

I’m here all week!

it's a given? I guess now we have a big case of wait and see now.... My hot tip is that the Blues will finish 5th or 6th depending on percentage (with the Dogs) and then the Lions well and truly entrenched in the top 8 at 7th, 2 games clear of Port at 8th :)

#45 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19074 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

PG, I think to be fair, the Blues should have groomed a replacement for Fev years earlier, or perhaps traded for one years earlier, rather than their last minute failed attempt to get Bradshaw from Brisbane. Setanta is at full forward, so I can only presume that he should be kicking goals. (That has always been their main role from my understanding of the game) I think too, that citing Jim Stynes as a comparison to Setanta is a bit rich, however may I remind you that Woewodin also won a Brownlow, so being a brownlow winner is not neccessarily a true indication of a players worth, as there has been the odd dud who has won it. Perhaps instead, you should have cited Jim Stynes running over the mark in the prelim, which cost Melbourne a GF berth, as that may have been a more accurate comparison in relation to Setanta's current worth to the team. I think BumpunRuns point is the fact that the disparity between the two's goal tallies (Fev vs O'Hailpin) may well have come in handy in getting the blues an extra win or two throughout the year, had Fev been at full forward instead. With the log jam that is sure to happen at the end of the home and away rounds, percentage is going to be even more crucial than ever this year, and a few goals either way may well make all the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users