3074 replies to this topic

#16 Atthebar

Atthebar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:54 AM

you need backing placegetter, i think the blues are at most as good as your nick name, belting richmond i would expect nothing less , brisbane 2 nd round well i dont think they are the force we thought, with fitness and skill, geelong well good effort rd 5 judd back…... st kilda no roo is a good team out of luck with pensioners running around and too slow…....the Pies thats a different story, they are slick, accountable, adaptable and strong….

Let the club head hit the ball, your Job is to swing the club…. make it easy and enjoy..

But did'nt your pies lose to a rooless saints after being in front when the roo went down,Blues cant do anymore then they have beating the Cats and Saints thats better form then the Pies if you ask me

#17 parsandbirdies

parsandbirdies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4903 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:24 AM

well not really we did beat the blues by 10 goals, roo did it during our game, they were a little rusty at 'The Plan' at that stage and i think saints were on adrenaline after he went down, it was afterall our only loss also i did say " st kilda is a good side out of luck, with a few oldies (over 25)

#18 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

I actually think Hawthorn will beat them this week. I just have this funny feeling.

Okay, Well I have taken the winnings from Geelong and dumped them on Carlton 1-39 at $2.20 but couldn't resist the 6/1 on offer for Hawks to be in lead at half time so a small percentage went there. How come this game isn't being televised, will be match of the year for sure. Go Blues!

#19 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:26 AM

Okay, well that hasn't worked out like it was supposed to. Good to see Henderson kick a few goals but a little hard to find other positives. Bring on next week.

#20 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12375 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

No comment... :)

#21 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23871 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

shirt lifters the lot of em

#22 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19074 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

3 goals in a half of football, by a supposedly in form team, what a friggin disgrace the Blues were. O'Hailpin's 3 disposals (all handpasses) for the entire game, including that wonderful rushed behind just on half time, were truly inspirational however, and if this guy isn't brownlow medal material ............. then I know nothing about football. What a wonderful piece of acumen, getting rid of Fev and putting this out and out champion in his place as the go to guy on the forward line. With more astute coaching and recruiting to come no doubt ........ it won't be long until the Blues are holding up the premiership cup ........ in the VFL.

#23 parsandbirdies

parsandbirdies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4903 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

3 goals in a half of football, by a supposedly in form team, what a friggin disgrace the Blues were.

O’Hailpin’s 3 disposals (all handpasses) for the entire game, including that wonderful rushed behind just on half time, were truly inspirational however, and if this guy isn’t brownlow medal material ….......... then I know nothing about football.

What a wonderful piece of acumen, getting rid of Fev and putting this out and out champion in his place as the go to guy on the forward line.

With more astute coaching and recruiting to come no doubt …..... it won’t be long until the Blues are holding up the premiership cup …..... in the VFL.

I believe nicotine plus caffeine equals protein (John Daly)

i bet you kicked the dog after that, well said

#24 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19074 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:06 AM

Actually no I didn't kick the dog P&B ....... I sent a photo of him to Ratten instead. I told Ratten that my dog can chase bloody good, he can catch amazingly well with all four feet off the ground, and loves nothing more that diving into packs and getting the ball out. As an added bonus, my dog's name is Diesel, so if he can have his old No 2 jumper and locker back ...... it would be much appreciated. It would then allow Ratten to get rid of all of the deadwood and driftwood he's been collecting of late ..... so hopefully I'll hear back from the prick soon before he wastes the rest of the season with these dickheads he keeps picking.

#25 parsandbirdies

parsandbirdies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4903 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

more protein GPJ but i hear where your coming from ...

#26 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3377 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:27 AM

Carlton are just too hot and cold to get an idea of them... one week they are Doctor Jekyll, the next they want to hide....

#27 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19074 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

I think Carlton are currently paying for a couple of lean trade years. You have a very few older experienced players, and then you have whole bunch of young guys all coming through together, with nothing to link the two groups. It's this missing middle age group of 4 and 5 years experienced players that make the difference between a good team and an up and down team, and Carlton do not possess those players yet. In a couple of years the young guys will hopefully fill this current void, but until then, more pain to come I believe.

#28 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:26 AM

Good win, although you'd have to say it was a missed opportunity to catch up the percentage. Of the top six (now a game clear of the chasing pack) Carlton has the worst % by 10 points minimum. That could be come a problem if history repeats (Essendon-Hawthorn last year the most recent?). Garlett was picked by his coach as his BOG even though Gibbs had 45 possessions. Carazzo shuts down dangerous Hurn. Great team man although anyone outside of Carlton wouldn't know I imagine. Melbourne this week, we'll need to step it up as they are a better side than the Weagles I would think. Mclean's first game against his old club, go the niggle.

#29 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:47 AM

lucky win...bad umpiring decisions...lucky bounces...that's all the excuses I have :) They do look good.

#30 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

lucky win…bad umpiring decisions…lucky bounces…that’s all the excuses I have :)

They do look good.

Hello, 911? It’s Quagmire. Yeah, it’s caught in the window this time.

Giggity, giggity, giggity, giggity!

Giggity Golflink

Uh oh, I have woken the sleeping bear. Although more of a grizzly bear than a cuddly bear by now.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users