#1 Placegetter

Placegetter

Here for my own entertainment.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2866 posts
  • Location17.04 warning points.

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:17 AM

No Fev, No Blues? No way. Henderson looked a little out of the mix (okay a lot) but he will come back in to the team with much more confidence this week I imagine (Waite made sure he would be coming back). As Mike Sheehan (who knows a bit about footy) said on the weekend "They deserve to be considered the best of the rest".

#2 DotCom

DotCom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:35 AM

Their defence will struggle against a decent forward line. Simple as that PG

#3 Placegetter

Placegetter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2866 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:42 AM

Which are the decent forward lines we have to look out for? Brisbane beat us with a decent forward set up, although I challenge anyone to stop J. Brown in full flight. Pavlich is a lone hand. You'd hardly call Geelong a decent forward line (I know I will look stupid saying that, but hey, we beat 'em). So Collingwood to fall over as usual, points me to a Carlton premiership. One year earlier than the premiership window everyone predicts. My only fear is that we will do a Hawthorn, come up a year early and then not make the 8 for congratulating ourselves.

#4 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3276 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:20 AM

Placegetter, on this site, you are to Carlton what parsandbirdies is to Collingwood.

#5 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20001 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:19 AM

Placegetter, on this site, you are to Carlton what parsandbirdies is to Collingwood.

a gibberer??

#6 Placegetter

Placegetter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2866 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:23 AM

Which is someone who wanted to start a thread about how supportive they are of their own team? Guilty as charged your honour.

#7 Placegetter

Placegetter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2866 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:24 AM

a gibberer??
You have no idea how impressed I am that you spelt this correctly.

#8 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20001 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

a gibberer??

You have no idea how impressed I am that you spelt this correctly.

I’m here all week!

cheers bloke,

#9 parsandbirdies

parsandbirdies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4900 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

what is a gibberer ? Blues have the fantastic 4 in the middle, sort of ends there, not much depth, judd is outstanding but how long will his groin last coming into cold weather....

#10 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20001 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

one who gibbers

#11 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

No Soup For You, Next!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12707 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

It will be interesting to see if the young guys can continue on their good form indefinitely. One of the things that most younger teams suffer from is the inconsistency of the young guys, see Melbourne. For a few weeks the young guys can be up and running, but come one hurdle and they tend to fall back a bit. Time will tell on the blues, but I do believe it is well and truly way too early (by a couple of years) to be popping any champagne. Without any big names in the backline and a small forward line they will struggle as the year goes on. I'm predicting they will be making up the numbers in the eight come September.

#12 DotCom

DotCom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

I actually think Hawthorn will beat them this week. I just have this funny feeling.

#13 Mekat

Mekat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3276 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

Carlton too hot and cold for my liking them as a real premiership threat at the moment. One moment they are doing well against St Kilda and Geelong, next moment they are getting belted by Collingwood in no uncertain terms.... Carlton is like St Kilda - a one man team... their system relies on Chris Judd, without him they are a 9th-12 club, Judd alone makes them a probable finalist - this year, no more than a semi finalist... though I could be wrong 14 rounds out. As illustration - Judd missed the first four games... Carlton started the season badly.... until (surprise surprise) Judd's first game back.

#14 Placegetter

Placegetter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2866 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

As illustration – Judd missed the first four games… Carlton started the season badly…. until (surprise surprise) Judd’s first game back.

Probably not a good illustration to be honest. Carlton belted Richmond, punched serious holes in Brisbane's attack in round 2 before finally succumbing, then lost to Essendon in a dismal effort. Judd coming back in to the side was only part of the story, they HAD to improve from the bomber effort. Carlton is like St Kilda? 3 or 4 players scoring 4 goals each? Nt sure about that one either. Thats' the beauty of opinions I guess. Chucking in a "though I could be wrong" is good enough for me. Go Blues.

#15 parsandbirdies

parsandbirdies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4900 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

you need backing placegetter, i think the blues are at most as good as your nick name, belting richmond i would expect nothing less , brisbane 2 nd round well i dont think they are the force we thought, with fitness and skill, geelong well good effort rd 5 judd back...... st kilda no roo is a good team out of luck with pensioners running around and too slow.......the Pies thats a different story, they are slick, accountable, adaptable and strong....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users