29 replies to this topic

#1 Hoselflick

Hoselflick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

I carry my stand bag when I play golf and have been trying to work out a system where I can attach my sand bucket to my bag, but because i walk fairly quick the bucket knocks against my bag covering me and my bag in sand. Was just curious what do you guys with stand bags do with your sand bucket? Cheers guys

#2 Waggle

Waggle

Chopper.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1751 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

I shouldn't do this but I don't carry one. 3 others in my group carry one, I don't take large divots and when needed i just politely ask my playing partners for their sand bucket. I used to carry one but always found myself walking up 18 wondering on what hole had I left my sand bucket. Now its easier for all involved, and my playing partners don't mind me asking to use their buckets. If they did I would certainly go back to using my own.

#3 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

I dont use a carry/stand bag but i've seen people with them use bottles (gatorade bottle or similar) filled with sand to repair their divots. Bottle then just goes in a pocket thats easy to access.

#4 Hightower

Hightower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

The bottle is a great idea Crrack.. I have recently switched to a stand bag (and absolutely love it) but like others don't carry a sand bucket, which isn't a problem when playing with others but if it is just me I do feel a bit guilty not carrying one. I'll definitely be carrying sand in a gatorade bottle from now on

#5 Hightower

Hightower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

I have actually seen a stand bag with a built in sand pocket.. it sounds like a good idea but i reckon it would be pretty awkward trying to line the bag up with the divot and opening the valve or whatever it is to let out some sand

#6 Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Russssssssssssssssssssssss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2952 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

I got this cool thing from the House of Golf in the city, not sure wehat it's called but it clips to the top of your stand bag and holds the sand, works great, will see if I can take a pic fot you tonight. cost about $25.00

#7 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19656 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:59 PM

Why not to the Great Escape route and try a couple of tied pillow cases down each leg of your plus fours. Just load up a couple of pillow cases with the yellow stuff, tie the open ends with string and hang them down each legs of your pants. Then when you need to repair a divot, you can just ease one of the knots open surreptitiously and let your sand flow freely. A quick retie of the knot and you can then continue on with your round. If you do try this of course, remember to alternative "legs", otherwise you may fall over if only one leg remains full of sand.

#8 putt4dough

putt4dough

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

http://www.underpar..../arrowhead.aspx Eagles and birdies stand bag has an integrated sand dispenser, pretty cool.

#9 terrys

terrys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

I just cut my divots in when I carry my bag.

#10 Hoselflick

Hoselflick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

I just cut my divots in when I carry my bag.

How do you cut in divots?

#11 Waggle

Waggle

Chopper.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1751 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

with your divot cutter =P I pretty much do the same terry when playing by myself.

#12 CT1982

CT1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

I dont use a carry/stand bag but i’ve seen people with them use bottles (gatorade bottle or similar) filled with sand to repair their divots.

Bottle then just goes in a pocket thats easy to access.

I do the same thing, carry my sand in a litre gatorade bottle which has seen better days. Gatorade bottle fits in my pocket made specifically for the drink bottle and my actual drink bottle fits in another pocket....

#13 Whitednj

Whitednj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

I have a Ping bag which doesn't have a stand - really light weight and great for 1/2 set practice rounds. I loop a 1/3 filled sand bucket onto whatever wood I'm carrying in the bag. The secret is to carry only as much sand as you might need on a hole or 2 to keep the weight down.

#14 Hightower

Hightower

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:31 AM

you could always bring a lid with you or get a little bucket and lid from bunnings and that way you won't be covered in sand by the end of the round

#15 Matt99

Matt99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1009 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

I was hanging it over the end of an umbrella handle whose prongs had stuck it in the bag. Worked a bit. Was always wondering about a clip or somehting that'd hang the sand on. Then bought a buggy that had one. Tired of carrying em. New yoke has a handy seat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users