Photo

Heritage Golf Club - receiver appointed!

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#256 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24013 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

If you played pennants for Northern, who did very well last year gaining promotion to Div 2. - congrats to the club

I take all of my previous comments back, as you sir have GAME.

I would dare say that you being a pennants player would undoubtedly have a far superior right to lay judgement upon all things golf, compared to a weekend hacker like myself.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if I have muddied your good name, I can only hope to one day aspire to be a golfing god like yourself.

Good luck for the upcoming Pennants season.

Dom
I caddy fir both a Gisborne & Northern player,
My game is as you imagined.
Crappolla.
But in saying that most courses are set up to be in the best condition possible for pennant.
& it was shitefull
Cheers
Muzza

Edited by Kiwi, 03 February 2019 - 04:27 PM.

• Eaglehwk likes this
Half the Trentham dream team

#257 Hypergolf

Hypergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:29 AM

Here is my update on Heritage Golf. I played there yesterday and due to the heat we had to cart it. Played the St. John's course. Some general positives and negatives before I go into further details.

Positives

• Some memorable holes and fantastic layout. Definitely more interesting compared to Eastern in terms of design. I really liked hole 9, index 1, par 5 where the whole of left side was water. Definitely reachable in 2 if you are long driver and have nerve of steel to attack the pin with 3 or 5 wood into a small landing area which are guarded by bunkers. Anther memorable hole was hole #12. Quite intimidating yet beautiful scene at the same time off the tee. Downhill tee shot, par 5 but miss right and you will be in the water.
  • Cart is only $25 compared to $40 at Eastern. However, I think I would definitely rent the cart more often at Heritage as it can get quite hilly.
  • Sports shop is beginning to stock up on latest equipments and apparels, which is a good sign.
  • Ownership has been transferred from the ex-wife to the ex-husband, which means it will be overseen by someone who can run a golf course. Heritage Golf also hired operations director from Eastern Golf to revamp the course.
  • Definitely less flies compared to Eastern.

Negatives

• Signage to the club house should be more clearly labelled. It was quite a maze to reach the club house.
  • Toilet stinks of urine... Towels everywhere... Should get hygene factor under control in the locker rooms.
  • Driving range is located far away from the club house... Not a major issue but not very convenient for access. Also need to clean the driving range area as there were empty sandwich boxes rolling around the area. 
  • Some of the greens need lots of work. Pitch marks everywhere. Some greens were good but some were not. Need to be more consistent.
  • They should replace all sand bunker rakes. They don't work.
  • I would not pay $375 monthly membership fee to play at this course. Heritage Golf should have a reality check and bring down their fees to low $200-ish in order to attract back members while getting the course in good condition once again. There are currently 350 members at Heritage so first target should be to increase membership number to get some life into the course. The whole place looked very empty and dead.
  • They did a good job in trimming the thick rough which used to be a few meters tall, but they should get rid of the rough that have been cut instead of leaving them on the course...
  • They should have watered the green in the morning. Active water spingklers at the green prevented us from putting until they rotated away from our direction which was quite annoying.

Overall, I would rate this course around 6.5 out of 10 at the current state. For comparison purposes I would rate Eastern Golf around 8 out of 10. I would definitely not switch over from Eastern to Heritage at the current stage but I definitely would play this course again in the future due to their interesting layout. However, if things were to improve and they were to bring down their membership fee to a realistic figure, I could consider moving over to this course. 

• Parmachine likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users