• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 MESSlAH

MESSlAH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

Hi all, Just wondering what are the best tees to use? I'm about to buy that new Titleist 909 D2 and want to protect it as much as I can. I've always bought those plastic step tees, but of late they seem to just shatter on every tee shot. I asked the Adam Scott website what he uses and who ever got back to me said he uses tees supplied by Titleist, which I have never seen for sale. Any help would be great

#2 Krusty

Krusty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:47 PM

I'm sure if you pile enough cotton wool onto itself it will eventually work. I would recommend you don't take the plastic wrap off the driver either to make sure those nasty grass stains don't get on the club.

#3 AussieJohn

AussieJohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

Inevitability using the driver will cause damage! Wooden / plastic tee's don't really create too much damage apart from maybe leaving small streaks on the bottom of the driver. You could use those brush tee's, but everyone knows they're a gimmick. There will be days where you'll plant your driver into the ground, no matter how good you are, you'll do more damage then than any tee will.

#4 AussieJohn

AussieJohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

forgot to add, if you're shattering tee's with your driver, you're probably hitting the tee before the ball.

#5 Dan_1984

Dan_1984

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

hahahahahahahahaha....... great thread. Made my day.

#6 Waggle

Waggle

Chopper.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1751 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

There will be days where you’ll plant your driver into the ground, no matter how good you are, you’ll do more damage then than any tee will.

Not to mention when you need to hit your driver off the deck on some of those long par 5's.

#7 KycGolfer

KycGolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4492 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

is this for real :) try duct or scrotch tape

#8 dave_1_

dave_1_

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 7733 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:13 PM

I remember a guy teeing off the first hole once with plastci still on the driver face....LOL

#9 KycGolfer

KycGolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4492 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

I remember a guy teeing off the first hole once with plastci still on the driver face….LOL

believing you can play is just as important as being able to play

Done that if I wanna re-sell my stick in quick time :) btw no distance or accuracy lost, just slightly muted sound.

#10 PsyGene

PsyGene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1379 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

I recommend wrapping your ball and tee in bubble wrap and electricians tape.

#11 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:35 AM

oh and while ur at it u should check out those new impossible to lose tees as well, they are a little exy but i happened to find mine..lol

#12 Strugglin

Strugglin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

my suggestion would be to wall mount the club at home in the lounge room and just throw your ball around the course. This would avoid both damage to the driver and shattering tees :)

#13 pherg

pherg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:33 AM

You could ask a friend to hold your ball while you tee off. Just make sure they cover their fingernails with Band-Aids first, fingernails can make a mess of your clubface (And your balls).

#14 Master_Swathe

Master_Swathe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:54 AM

I hear Earl Grey tea bags stacked up are the goods. Removes the string and staples though to be sure.

#15 MarcusCarcus

MarcusCarcus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:15 AM

Funny thread...but seriously if i find that the tee off area is well compacted, i wiggle the tee around a little bit (not too loose that it falls over) . This helps to reduce the resistance of the tee against the clubface. I use long wooden tees which i wrap some coloured electrical tape around. This prolongs the life of the tee, but more importantly is easy to spot on the tee off area. good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users