• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 crigenive

crigenive

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:45 AM

Just wondering if someone has some advice on these two brands of golf clubs, the top flite set i was looking at was the XL7000 and the brosnan set are called grades. I tested the brosnan set today and they felt good and am yet to test the top flite set.

#2 waffle_iron

waffle_iron

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12714 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:11 AM

Welcome aboard Crig, do not ever play Brosnans, not even for fun..

#3 Waggle

Waggle

Chopper.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1751 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

or top fite, dont hit it out of the toe or you will be tasting some knuckle sandwich. /dad joke.

#4 Scratched

Scratched

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:41 AM

I started out with Brosnan clubs years ago, personally I thought they were a good stick, there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then though.

#5 Sturmmann

Sturmmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

outlay some hard earned and but a decent set, you can pick up some cheap branded clubs from the states.

#6 Looseswing

Looseswing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

Two brands here that perhaps should be treated with a little aprehension. Obviously they are in a price range that you are looking at. If it is on the cheaper side of things that you want, have a look at Maxfli. I have just recently upgraded from a set of Maxfli sticks that I have used for three years. Got me from a handicap of 24 down to 12. Only cost me 400bucks to buy them. Worth a look.

#7 JohnLLL

JohnLLL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

If the brosnan clubs are anything like the quality of my brosnan cart bag then dont go near them.

#8 Will_i_am

Will_i_am

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

Jump on 3balls, rockbottom golf or golfetail. I picked up some Callaway X22s for $500 delivered. You can get good clubs even cheaper on these sites too. Great time to buy while the US dollar is weak.

#9 JasonP

JasonP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

brosnan clubs are nothing but trouble you will regret buying them

#10 ScottyG88

ScottyG88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:14 AM

I bought Brosnans 2 years ago, mainly because I had no idea if I'd be playing more than once or twice a year, so picked the cheapest set. Since then the bug has got me, and I have been slowly upgrading the set ever since, particularly in the last year. Now have a Nike driver, Macgregor FW and Hybrid, Srixon forged wedges and Odyssey putter. Only thing left is the irons, and am in the process of getting Mizuno prices from the states. The Brosnan driver was terrible, worst club I've ever hit, FWs were ok but nothing compared to the macgregor. Hybrid pretty average, and Irons ok, but to hit a Mizuno in comparison with a good shaft is chalk and cheese. I haven't had any problems with things falling apart, but I don't think they have helped my game at all. If you are planning on playing more than a 5 times a year, go with what people above are recommending and get a decent set. They may cost you twice as much, but they will be twice as good, there is no doubt about that. If you aren't sure about getting from the states, then have a look at current specials here with Callaway X20 or X18, or Taylormade. You could probably do worse than picking up a set of Macgregors as well for a good price. Better off getting a new, but 07/08 model of club, or even a good condition used club than a set of Brosnans.

#11 Sturmmann

Sturmmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:16 AM

I have a set for sale Tour Special by Srixon for sale, 4-SW, 3 Wood, 3 & 4 hybrid, and a 08 Big Bertha Driver 10 degree & cart bag $380.

#12 Sturmmann

Sturmmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

... set cost me about $800

#13 mma001

mma001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Don't buy either there both ****

#14 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24013 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

Don’t buy either there both ****

harsh but true

#15 looking4myball

looking4myball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

I had a brosnan set for about 6 years when I was playing once a month and never really had a problem with them except for the drivers for which I upgraded along the way. While I don't use them now ( Cleveland ) I didn't think there was much wrong with them. My brother picked up a nice set of Maxfli set and they seem to be a nice club for a beginner just looking to get into the game for the 1st time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users