1923 replies to this topic

#1 sanga

sanga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

Gents and Ladies, this thread is intended to get the sports pages on ISG buzzing once again and hopefully get some of the characters chatting once more. Admission to The Sports Pub is free, but you must be over 18. Here is the disclaimer: We reserve the right to discuss any and all sports persons, teams and events in this thread: even those which are so controversial that Tracy Grimshaw wouldn’t dare touch ’em. However, the comments contained herein are the mouthings of Mondays experts and should not be taken seriously by anyone. The Sports Pub contains coarse language and due to its content it should not be viewed by anyone. If you don't like it, don't view it. If you don't like how it's sounding so far, leave now. The discussion on this thread can be on anything or anyone sport, there's no such thing as a hijack in The Sports Pub: the conversation just changes direction. Just like in the real pub your opinion may be criticised and shouted down. Don't take personal offence, have a frothy and settle. If it gets out of hand, we can open a new thread called The Carpark. The Sports Pub operates on the principle that we all have the good sense to know when we are crossing a line and show restraint; otherwise the publican may call last drinks.

#2 sanga

sanga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

I'll get the ball rolling. Cricket: Australia V India, thoughts on the team? Who's in and who's out? Can we f*** off Brad the Backstop once and for all (excuse of injury?), he'll give away 70 runs in byes a match on the pitches over there

#3 MattB4

MattB4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:51 AM

like the idea. good things. if australia has any interest in re developing a power house team, haddin gets the hook and sits on the pine. Let Paine in and let him develop, he' good enough. Thats about all i can comment on, cos i've watched SFA cricket of late.

#4 rockatansky

rockatansky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2012 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

Great idea Sanga! This is not one of those poofy wine bar, latte drinking excuses for a pub is it Sanga? Real women & plenty of beer.....

#5 Eagleton

Eagleton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2699 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

I'm in Sanga.This is the breathe of fresh air we've been waiting for.Are you saying virtually anything goes on this thread.Tongue in cheek comments,interstate rivalrys,Haddin and Brett Lee bashing,taking the piss out of other ISGers[especially YourADog].I'm loving it.

#6 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

like the idea. good things.

if australia has any interest in re developing a power house team, haddin gets the hook and sits on the pine. Let Paine in and let him develop, he’ good enough.

Thats about all i can comment on, cos i’ve watched SFA cricket of late.

In much the same boat Matty, but I have to agree and go futher, Haddin isn't a backstop, because backstops do just that STOP and doesn't. Get Paine in for sure, haven't seen much of him but the word around the traps is he is good and by blooding a good young keeper batsman that will give us something to build a strong side around. I liked the work Manou probably the best keeper in the land but probably too old and these days the keeper has to be able to hold his own in the middle order, right from the start of their career. Any other youngsters out their people feel Hilditch, Hughes and Boon should be looking at? What did Calum Ferguson do to himself, heard on the radio he was injured, which is a pity.

#7 YourADog

YourADog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:03 PM

Anyone looking forward to the Vics vs NSW 20/20 showdown in the semi finals?

#8 Eagleton

Eagleton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2699 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

You still about Dog.Yes,I am looking foward to that match.Lets hope Sharks ,Vics are superior thread doesn't come back to haunt us.

#9 sanga

sanga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

Good stuff fellas. What are we drinking? Matt, welcome aboard, completely agree with you about Paine, the selecters would be mental if they did what the did with Hughes in the Ashes to him. I'ts not a cricket thread, so fee free to bring up anything sport. Rocky, we have a house white and bubbly for the ladies but that's about it. The staff at The Sports Pub don't know what a latte is and the last bloke that asked for one, well he was out on the street before he could say the words "with soy milk". Eags, everything that you mention is on The Sports Pub's credo, especially the Haddin, Lee and Hussey et al bashing: didn't you see their photos on the dart board? But the rivalry between yourself and youradog may have to be taken to The Carpark, we'll see how it goes. Rohan, wise words. 'Bradly needs a Backstop' is probably closer to reality. Paine's should be the second name on the team sheet after Watson's. Manou is another Darren Berry. Yep Dog, will be watching the Vic vs NSW 20/20 with interest, too bad it's not going to be in the final. Should be a good game with Bracken bowling his slow full pitch turners and White. C putting them 20 rows back in the stands. So, it's frothies for all then?

#10 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31662 posts
  • LocationChopperville

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:04 PM

I don't give a rats arse about Cricket...If this IS a pub then bring on the Jelly Wrestling I say!!!! :)

#11 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

I don’t give a rats arse about Cricket…If this IS a pub then bring on the Jelly Wrestling I say!!!! :)

“Hey everybody, we’re all gonna get laid”

“Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must’ve been something before electricity”

“He called me a Baboon, he thinks I’m his wife”

Rodney Dangerfield, AKA, Al Czervik, Caddyshack

Barnsey thats Thursday nights. Friday.... well lets say the waitresses that couldn't find their tops. Saturday night Cold Chisel plays live.

#12 sanga

sanga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

I don’t give a rats arse about Cricket…If this IS a pub then bring on the Jelly Wrestling I say!!!! :)

“Hey everybody, we’re all gonna get laid”

“Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must’ve been something before electricity”

“He called me a Baboon, he thinks I’m his wife”

Rodney Dangerfield, AKA, Al Czervik, Caddyshack

Well, it's normally on the second friday of the month, but here you go Barnesy.

#13 YourADog

YourADog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2056 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

You still about Dog.Yes,I am looking foward to that match.Lets hope Sharks ,Vics are superior thread doesn’t come back to haunt us.

Is YourADog still about?

Yeah I'm still about eags, its been pretty quiet in here so I've got some work done at last. Great concept this, looking forward to having some interesting conversations with fellow ISG's. I commend your lateral thinking Sanga. I hope the Vics have a win. Some of the pitches have been absolutely shithouse. F***ing Indians, wouldnt know what proper entertainment if it bit them on the arse. Should be a close game. 120 might be enough on a shithouse pitch. I'm not sure who to keep an eye out for this year Rohan, give me a couple of weeks and I might be able to help you out. On the Paine subject hasn't Luke Ronchi's fall out of favour been sudden. Bit harsh on him seeing how he is an agressive batsman. Dont get me wrong, Im becoming a massive Tim Paine fan. Gets the business done with minimum fuss. My hook fellas

#14 Malvern

Malvern

Not a Queenslander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3733 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

Just a pot for me Dog, fcuk I'm hungover. Cracking day in Melbourne today. Well bowled Sanga. Pass the bucket

#15 Eagleton

Eagleton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2699 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

This is getting better by the minute.Sanga,loved the jelly wrestling especially the kissing.YourADog where have you been?This thread could take on legendary status.Sit back and have your viccy,tooheys,coopers or boags at the sports pub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users