345 replies to this topic

#1 welly01

welly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1860 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:38 PM

just purchased a "sureshot" off ebay .. really had no idea which one to buy as all off them seem much of a muchness and have more gadgets on them than i will probably use.. most peole that have them seem to offer theirs as being the best after paying truck loads for them.. anyway hopefully you guys will just write honest opinions ..problems and fixes and such ... fire away !!!!!!

#2 tysonrob

tysonrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

mate i have a sureshot and i think it is great.if you know how far you hit your clubs you will always be very close to the mark.i am always pin high or close enough to it (mind you not always straight).i dont use all the functions on it but i will start to and hopefully use it to its full potential.

#3 Eekthecat

Eekthecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

Tempted to get a sureshot as well but I have a couple of questions. 1. Is the measurement in Yards or Metres 2. Does it give you a birds eye view of the hole or only the distance to hazard and/or green. 3. Does it give you measurements to Out of Bounds? 4. What is it like in the sun? can you see the screen? Thanks heaps Eek

#4 welly01

welly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1860 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

just for the reckord ! .. i paid $420 on ebay buy it now or make an offer, could possibly got it for a bit less but didnt want to loose it on making silly offers. he accepted my first offer so its possible i could have got it for less ..i looked everywhere else i could think of but didnt find a new one cheaper .. im sure there a a few deals out there to be had but none at the moment who is offering a boat load of them at silly prices.. anyway i think the guy still has one more left..so at least if you are interested you know what he will accept as a final offer ! BUMMER !! .. newly listed http://cgi.ebay.com....id=p3286.c0.m14

#5 mrplou

mrplou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

I paid $390 for a sonocaddie. It has a birds eye view with is very detailed for my course. Very accurate so far with distances and has all the courses I play in it.

#6 BuggeraCup

BuggeraCup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

I also have a Sonocaddie. No problems with it, seems pretty accurate and it has several functions like overview of the hole, zoom in on the green, score card and can measure the distance of your shots accurately. Probably best part of it is that there is no yearly subscription fee (as with Skycaddie etc) so I can just download whichever courses I want.

#7 welly01

welly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1860 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:31 AM

is there a subsription fee with the sureshot ? .. and if so how much does it cost ..i have been on there web site just fleetingly and saw something about membership!! what does it cost if anything to download particular mapped courses ?

#8 NeverEagle

NeverEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:02 AM

Tempted to get a sureshot as well but I have a couple of questions.

1. Is the measurement in Yards or Metres
2. Does it give you a birds eye view of the hole or only the distance to hazard and/or green.
3. Does it give you measurements to Out of Bounds?
4. What is it like in the sun? can you see the screen?

Thanks heaps

Eek

1. Either you determine what you want them in. 2. Sureshot distance to hazard/green 3. Pass 4. In WA where we have sun never had a problem reading the screen

#9 welly01

welly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1860 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:12 AM

2. Does it give you a birds eye view of the hole or only the distance to hazard and/or green.

Thanks heaps

Eek

1. Either you determine what you want them in.
2. Sureshot distance to hazard/green
3. Pass
4. In WA where we have sun never had a problem reading the screen

All the cards are in now to enter the super happy world of comp golf..

g,day ..didnt know you had one of these ..i know jacks got one hoping to catch up with someone so they can show me how to use it correctly

#10 NeverEagle

NeverEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1570 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:19 AM

Yeah I got one from the ex Mrs Eagle as a present... Bless her! Now let me stab her in the head with a biro!! Yes you do have to subscibe I think it was about $70 for 3 years which gives you 20 courses in the GPS at any one time 10 games stored I have a quick look over the stats after each round and delete them I have my trusty note pad with all the important info on them. They really are good for courses that I haven't played before in particular if you don't have lines of sight. The Cut, Araluen spring to mind.

#11 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23744 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:25 AM

Welly there are several diff levels of memberships avail. you purchase them. The more courses = more $$ For me, the 3 (for free) courses for free is the go. You can upload, delete and change as you wish. i pick it up this weekend. As posted i paid $375 and they threw in a waterproof cover for free. now i just have to learn how to use it....

#12 welly01

welly01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1860 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:41 AM

Welly
there are several diff levels of memberships avail.
you purchase them.
The more courses = more $$
For me,
the 3 (for free) courses for free is the go.
You can upload, delete and change as you wish.
i pick it up this weekend.
As posted i paid $375 and they threw in a waterproof cover for free.
now i just have to learn how to use it….

Am looking for gel belt now to match my balls.
when u say 3 courses .. does that mean u can upload another course if u delete one first, or do you get to choose 3 courses and then thats it, if you want to change them you have to pay ?

#13 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23744 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:07 AM

welly the way i understand it is you get 3 free courses, yep you can change them at any time. So delete an old one then upload another to replace it As long as you have no more than 3 at a time. no charge for changing, the next membership is (i think) $30 for 20 courses for 12 months or some time frame like that, am going by memory here after looking at the website tho have been wrong before too cheers kiwi

#14 Eekthecat

Eekthecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:26 AM

Thanks heaps

Eek

1. Either you determine what you want them in.
2. Sureshot distance to hazard/green
3. Pass
4. In WA where we have sun never had a problem reading the screen

All the cards are in now to enter the super happy world of comp golf..

Thanks mate! Eek

#15 Dave_11372662112

Dave_11372662112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:45 AM

I bought by sonocaddie last week and its da bomb i reckon...played with it today in our wed comp....where its usful is iron play into greens...knowing front middle and back diatnces is very useful as we forget that 25 meters can be that distance the sonocaddie is very accurate as Albany is proffessionally mapped.....i stood in the middle of the greesn and it said -----...which meantt smack in the middle.... I like the overhead view of the hole also as this is good for doglegs.... fee was 29.95 for unlimited course download and unit holds 30..its a one off fee that you pay once positives about sureshot....its hand held...no bigger than a chunky mobile phone.....picture is very clear also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users