7221 replies to this topic

#7066 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1457 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:32 PM

Well 3 weeks of contemplation and I decided there was no longer any value staying at Northern for me and a few of the changes there I'm not big fan of.
Went to Yarra Valley CC to play 9 today and before even walking to the first tee I had signed up as a member 😂
Hard track very short and tight with OB everywhere so should be interesting considering I have lost all knowledge on how to get the ball to the hole.
40 min round trip instead of 80 mins so hopefully I can get there a bit more and it gives me an extra $2200 to play other courses and for golf trips a year.
Got slaughtered there today through. Played the first 5 +6 before playing the last 4 even. Most misses around there are pretty brutal.

#7067 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23539 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

Well 3 weeks of contemplation and I decided there was no longer any value staying at Northern for me and a few of the changes there I'm not big fan of.
Went to Yarra Valley CC to play 9 today and before even walking to the first tee I had signed up as a member
Hard track very short and tight with OB everywhere so should be interesting considering I have lost all knowledge on how to get the ball to the hole.
40 min round trip instead of 80 mins so hopefully I can get there a bit more and it gives me an extra $2200 to play other courses and for golf trips a year.
Got slaughtered there today through. Played the first 5 +6 before playing the last 4 even. Most misses around there are pretty brutal.

That's a nice little track but it gets quite soggy in winter.
Just down the road, Freeway Golf is also quite playable.

#7068 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1457 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

That's a nice little track but it gets quite soggy in winter.
Just down the road, Freeway Golf is also quite playable.

Yeah apparently every 4-5 years it goes underwater.
Freeway is a funny one, it can have the best fairways in Melbourne for 3 months of the year and the worst for 6 months.
Cheap and easy for me, $650 pro rata for everything until November.

#7069 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34571 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

Stroke and MM at The Eastern (EC) today.   Two tee start.   Played the back 9 first and in the last group as we were playing a scratch match play.

First 9 - 41 OTS and 13 putts

Second 9 - 44 OTS with 16 putts

85 nett 73

Runner up for the MM and runner up in B grade.  (72 won) - Triple bogeyed the last hole when I lost my ball off the tee

Playing a guy off 4 hcp in the Scratch Match Play - Lost on the last hole due to my triple but he birdied it anyway.   Pretty happy with my scrambling and keeping in the game until the last hole.

• The good Egg, GhettoGolfer, Weetbix and 3 others like this

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#7070 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1457 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

Unwillingly played Eagle Ridge after 2 years of a friend trying to make me go there.
Pretty much have only heard rubbish about this place.

I actually loved the course, had a lot of fun and saw some spots of it which I don't think anyone was supposed to see.
Very back and forward but they have some really fun holes which a firm breeze plays a massive part in how you will play off the tee and into the greens.
Quite excessive and unnecessary bunkering around a lot of the course.
A lot of very tight holes that can also ruin a round.
Course was in fantastic condition and greens were some of the best I have played on in years.
To bad for the 6/5/9 start and the other 3 doubles in there 😂
89OTS/76 playing off the blacks.

Edited by Lukos87, 20 March 2018 - 06:00 PM.

• iRON MiCK likes this

#7071 OldBogey

OldBogey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23539 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:05 PM

Stab at Warra today.
I didn't get any 3-points until the 14th, but had a number of 1-point holes.
No wipes, five 1-putts, three 3-putts.

End result: 32 points.

#7072 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1457 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:06 PM

38 points at Yarrabend today.
Played pretty poorly honestly but made a few good pars and birds to save it. Hopefully get clipped a bit more off the cap for a new low and something in the 9.? Range
  • ink likes this

#7073 Patrick Reed

Patrick Reed

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17220 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:40 PM

Hey everyone, played in a single stroke Midweek challenge today at Caboolture Mint Course.

Showers all day in the local area, so the golf wasn’t as enjoyable as it normally is.

Had to borrow the club pros personal set of sticks as mine were left in sons car from 4 days ago. He has the same gear as I do except his putter is one of those belly putters. Had to swap it over for a new Cleveland off the rack, as it was doing my head in as the where to grip it as I use the claw grip.

His clubs are 4 degrees flat , while mine are at 3 degrees upright ...... didn’t hit them too bad to be honest. Being wet ground, wedges weren’t the best, mostly fat.

Had 55 round the front with 2 x 3 putts, with two horror holes, 4th par 3 and 5th par 4.....

Teed off with a pulled 7iron hard left, all saw it drop, couldn’t find it, back to tee, another pulled 7 iron left, mate moved our cart forward out of the road, hit shot at green, ball richocets off a small dead hanging branch in tree and ball goes hard left and crashes into cart and nestled down in the track behind the accelerator pedal, took unplayable and wedged just over green for a two putt 5 over par bogey.....

Had 49 round back, better putting with only 1 x 3 jag. Which was the par 3 18th. Best hole was par 3 14th, 186 to back pin with massive left to right cross wind and won the NTP worth 10:00$.

Went out point 1 on cap now off 19.2........
  • Weetbix, iRON MiCK and Fatprick like this
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#7074 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2752 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:24 PM

Stableford on a composite course of both front nines and started on captains course and wiped the first hole and had 16 points on the nine and 18 on the back for total of 34 points and handicap slipped out to 8.3.

#7075 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12577 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:38 PM

Hey everyone, played in a single stroke Midweek challenge today at Caboolture Mint Course.

Showers all day in the local area, so the golf wasn’t as enjoyable as it normally is.

Had to borrow the club pros personal set of sticks as mine were left in sons car from 4 days ago. He has the same gear as I do except his putter is one of those belly putters. Had to swap it over for a new Cleveland off the rack, as it was doing my head in as the where to grip it as I use the claw grip.

His clubs are 4 degrees flat , while mine are at 3 degrees upright ...... didn’t hit them too bad to be honest. Being wet ground, wedges weren’t the best, mostly fat.

Had 55 round the front with 2 x 3 putts, with two horror holes, 4th par 3 and 5th par 4.....

Teed off with a pulled 7iron hard left, all saw it drop, couldn’t find it, back to tee, another pulled 7 iron left, mate moved our cart forward out of the road, hit shot at green, ball richocets off a small dead hanging branch in tree and ball goes hard left and crashes into cart and nestled down in the track behind the accelerator pedal, took unplayable and wedged just over green for a two putt 5 over par bogey.....

Had 49 round back, better putting with only 1 x 3 jag. Which was the par 3 18th. Best hole was par 3 14th, 186 to back pin with massive left to right cross wind and won the NTP worth 10:00$.

Went out point 1 on cap now off 19.2........

Well done on holing out into the cart...
  • Patrick Reed likes this

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#7076 Patrick Reed

Patrick Reed

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17220 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:43 PM

Well done on holing out into the cart...

Cheers, thought I would take an unplayable as my mate was still sitting in it when ball
Struck it
  • iRON MiCK likes this
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#7077 sandbelt24

sandbelt24

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

2 ball Stroke Ambrose today at Kingswood (Peninsula).   Had to share my partner with another guy, as we had odd numbers.   Shotgun start but we were off the 1st hole.   (That's a first.  ;) )

Bogeyed the 2nd and 3rd and par for the rest of the holes.   Couldn't buy a birdie putt but my partner and his mate had about 4 or 5.   They ran second with 63.5.....we finished way back but not last.   Won the B grade long drive.   :)     Amazing conditions considering the course is closing this year. 

#7078 sandbelt24

sandbelt24

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

Kingswood has always been in amazing condition.....even in winter....a few fairways have recently been harvested and transferred to Peninsula....and grown back in very short time. If the opportunity arises, play Kingswood before it closes....Medal Day is great...slope is 140.

#7079 OldBogey

OldBogey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23539 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

Stab at Warra today.
Three wipes on the front nine after starting with a 3-point meant only 13 points half way.
Back nine was better with only one double and three pars for 20 points, = 33 total.

Greens were back to normal and the brisk wind made the 8th difficult and a 3-putt ensued. Seven 1-putts helped.
  • Tochakka likes this

#7080 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34571 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

Kingswood has always been in amazing condition.....even in winter....a few fairways have recently been harvested and transferred to Peninsula....and grown back in very short time. If the opportunity arises, play Kingswood before it closes....Medal Day is great...slope is 140.

Yeah we were wondering about the 11th fairway.    Couldn't believe that they were doing a reno on the fairway in the lead up to it's closure.......now that makes sense.  Thanks for the update.    

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users