13 replies to this topic

#1 publish

publish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:05 PM

I'd just like to relate this story. We bought a laptop and wireless network at my Tier 1 GolfLink club last year, and the guys who do the results as players come in use the laptop to enter scores into GolfLink. As soon as all the players are in, they 'process' the competition and the results are sent to GolfLink. Yesterday, the guy who won A Grade was sitting in the clubhouse waiting for the presentation when his mobile rang. He looked at it and found an SMS notifying him of his handicap reduction ... ten minutes after the last player finished! How's that for efficiency?

#2 Daves

Daves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7439 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Very good publish. Credit to the dedication and efficiency of the staff!. We have pretty fast turnaround times too from what I have seen, certainly my scoring is in Golflink by the time I get home and check. The club staff usually also have a full results sheet posted on the club site within an hour of the finish of the comp, even on the weekends!

#3 OhNotThere

OhNotThere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

golflinks is reliable. it's the club processing the results to golflinks that usually causes the problem.

#4 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20212 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:23 PM

Publish. G thats good. Where my golflink # is held if I play a sat ball comp, results up on following wednesday night kiwi

#5 daggs

daggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

I’d just like to relate this story.

We bought a laptop and wireless network at my Tier 1 GolfLink club last year, and the guys who do the results as players come in use the laptop to enter scores into GolfLink. As soon as all the players are in, they ‘process’ the competition and the results are sent to GolfLink.

------------------------------------------------------------ This is exactly what we want to do at our club T1 and the ol buggers on the committee keep knocking it on the head we've got a **** load in the bank and all they say is they cant justify the cost . I just dont think they can be bothered or are scared of computers or something . And we're getting requests for it from a lot of players now and they just wont bloody commit to it and we've got 10 months before we can get em off committe @#@# #@.

#6 OldJW

OldJW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1343 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

We bought a laptop and wireless network at my Tier 1 GolfLink club last year, and the guys who do the results as players come in use the laptop to enter scores into GolfLink. As soon as all the players are in, they ‘process’ the competition and the results are sent to GolfLink.

This is exactly what we want to do at our club T1 and the ol buggers on the committee keep knocking it on the head we’ve got a **** load in the bank and all they say is they cant justify the cost .
I just dont think they can be bothered or are scared of computers or something . And we’re getting requests for it from a lot of players now and they just wont bloody commit to it and we’ve got 10 months before we can get em off committe ## #@.

Comes with livin in the boonys Daggs, a lot of em still communicate with smoke signals. :)

#7 OldJW

OldJW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1343 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

Yesterday, the guy who won A Grade was sitting in the clubhouse waiting for the presentation when his mobile rang. He looked at it and found an SMS notifying him of his handicap reduction … ten minutes after the last player finished!

How’s that for efficiency?

Trentham Golf Club
http://www.trenthamgolf.com

Pretty good Publish, we normally wait a couple of days to see ours, I don't have a problem with it, all volunteers and the job gets done.

#8 daggs

daggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

Did u get a bit soft on thursday JW . Man was it a wild ride around the course yesterday. But the green shoots cumin up already woohoo.

#9 OldJW

OldJW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1343 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:11 PM

Did u get a bit soft on thursday JW .

Man was it a wild ride around the course yesterday.

But the green shoots cumin up already woohoo.

You're a brave man Daggs, when it rains I don't play golf.

#10 Whitednj

Whitednj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:07 AM

Very good publish. Credit to the dedication and efficiency of the staff!.

We have pretty fast turnaround times too from what I have seen, certainly my scoring is in Golflink by the time I get home and check. The club staff usually also have a full results sheet posted on the club site within an hour of the finish of the comp, even on the weekends!

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

I used to worry that I was indecisive, now I am not quite sure?

Daves, is your club's site public? I'd like to see how you are posting your results.

#11 Daves

Daves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7439 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:42 AM

Very good publish. Credit to the dedication and efficiency of the staff!.

We have pretty fast turnaround times too from what I have seen, certainly my scoring is in Golflink by the time I get home and check. The club staff usually also have a full results sheet posted on the club site within an hour of the finish of the comp, even on the weekends!

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

I used to worry that I was indecisive, now I am not quite sure?

Daves, is your club’s site public? I’d like to see how you are posting your results.

Yes it is. Here is the link to the competition results page, they post them as PDFs; http://www.redlandbaygolf.com.au/golf-results.html

#12 Whitednj

Whitednj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:37 AM

Thanks mate. I have offered to build a site for my club and am interested in what others do. PDFs are easy.

#13 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6748 posts
  • LocationCoonabarabran

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:18 AM

——————————————————————————————
This is exactly what we want to do at our club T1 and the ol buggers on the committee keep knocking it on the head we’ve got a **** load in the bank and all they say is they cant justify the cost .
I just dont think they can be bothered or are scared of computers or something . And we’re getting requests for it from a lot of players now and they just wont bloody commit to it and we’ve got 10 months before we can get em off committe ## #@.

Our club had the same problem but the handicapper was out voted and we did what publish's club did. Results are entered and processed daily.

#14 daggs

daggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

Good work Pegasus we will its just gonna take a while. I even offered to do it from home mens, womens and vets but it fell on deaf ears almost makes u want to go join somewhere else , but there all so far away or crap courses . Oh well !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users