• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#1 rob_roys91

rob_roys91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:37 AM

i have just recently started to look for a golf course to join in the Perth district. I am looking for a well priced golf club that is reasonable priced that i am able to become a member of. i live in Marmion so i am looking for a course not to far away from me.

#2 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:09 AM

Lakelands Country Club, just off Gnangara Road - we have quite a few members that live out your way. We have mid week, 6 day or full memberships as the main memberships. There is also a trial membership for $440 for 3 months that comes off your joining fee if you join at the end of the trial period. The website is at www.lakelandscc.com.au

#3 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

You are quick lucidair, you get a referral commission or something?

#4 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

Just promoting a good course Adlo.......... I found an old post on here once that described it as a highly underrated course. Think there may be some truth there..

#5 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

I am still waiting for a look around... Nothing wrong with a bit of pride for your home track!

#6 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

Adlo, if you want a round there, just let me know and I will tee it up. I am out there most sundays (in the afternoons). I am already booked this sunday though as it is our opening day but after that is clear.

#7 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

OK, do you head out any other days? A Sunday game for me might be a while off.

#8 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:49 AM

Not very often. I am a 6 day member so cant play on saturdays. I could arrange for a day of work if a group of ISGers want to play sometime. A monday, tuesday or thurs afternoon would be the best for that.

#9 adlo

adlo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

Nah thats cool, we'll head out on a Sunday some time. No rush.

#10 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:29 AM

Marmion is only about 3 minutes drive from Lake Karrinyup? It it possible to join if you want to put in the work. Otherwise you might want to consider the 25 min drive in land to WA or Mt Lawley, both nice tracks

#11 A1984

A1984

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

Aggreed northerner. Personally I find Lakelands boring. Id rather join seaview or cottesloe if you cant get LK, WAGC or Mt Lawley

#12 Evil_Russ

Evil_Russ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:18 AM

I am a member at Lakelands & would recommend you have a try before dismissing it. I don't find it any more boring than playing any course often. But I am off 25 so swinging a club I find the challenge not so much the course :-))

#13 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:34 AM

a question of money of course - LK may be the most convenient for you but it is also the most expensive by quite a wide margin. But what else are you giong to do with teh stuff, spend it on food or something?

#14 lucidair

lucidair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

Karrinyup, WAGC and Mt Lawley may well have waiting lists to join. You shouldnt have that problem at Lakelands. Cottesloe and Seaview are quite hilly I believe. I guess the best thing is to try the courses and also check out if they have waiting lists.

#15 northerner

northerner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Waiting lists at Mt Lawley and WA, but not as long as they were, probably a year or so I guess. Cottesloe does have a long wait I think of maybe a couple of years Karrinyup does not operate a waiting list as such - if you can get 7 referees and pass the interview you get straight in, but that process normally takes months and can be a little daunting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users