#931 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

Does it still have a long waiting list or has this been emptied?

I dare say if they are still having a long waiting list they are thinking they can charge more until they find the balance? (At a guess based on supply and demand adage)

EDIT: Removed asking where you going as just read your thread :)

Edited by Chunky McChunkerson, 15 June 2017 - 08:11 AM.

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#932 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10458 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

Does it still have a long waiting list or has this been emptied?

I dare say if they are still having a long waiting list they are thinking they can charge more until they find the balance? (At a guess based on supply and demand adage)

EDIT: Removed asking where you going as just read your thread :)

Supposadly there is still a long waiting list. But a staff member doesnt believe it's as long as odds being publicised
  • Short Putt Man likes this

#933 75@Dorset

75@Dorset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:35 AM

The glowing praise and gloss of Eastern didn't last long......

#934 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10458 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

The glowing praise and gloss of Eastern didn't last long......

The course is excellent
  • MaxxOn likes this

#935 TheEastman

TheEastman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

The course is excellent

It's a decent facility but It'll never be as good as Heritage was at its peak, doesn't matter how good it gets. 

Par 3 Course was a genuine waste of time, why not use that money to sand-cap the whole course?

• RobNewy and 75@Dorset like this

#936 75@Dorset

75@Dorset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

The course is excellent

It is a golf club though right? So there was glowing praise for the whole setup initially, which has waned now. While the course may be excellent, there certainly seems to be some grumbles due to weather conditions, such as fog, which they can't control, but over the years will there be ongoing issues in winter with actual course condition?

#937 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36031 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

I think his main issue is with the cost spiralling upwards...particularly for the newer members not on the better deal.

• RobNewy and 75@Dorset like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#938 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

I'm one of the members leaving. Simply economic. I cannot justify the $3k for full membership, considered going back to 6 day but also struggled to justify the extra funds. I'm a very reluctant out as I love the club & the course/facilities but my family comes first & I'll be joining a club that gives me $1k of relief for full membership. I can't help but think that a long-ish waiting list has probably provided the club with the security of minimal backlash in response to the subs increase but Yering also had this 6-7 years ago. I'm extremely disappointed by the decision. The club raised subs 3.5% last year & 4.9% this year with the addition of a $99 drainage levy which I think is very poor given the club is already swimming in cash. I know of 5 on the waiting list who will not accept an offer due to the raise in fees so I feel the club may get a shock if they have waiting list candidates declining offers to replace members they once had.

#939 Liberton

Liberton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

I'm one of the members leaving. Simply economic. I cannot justify the $3k for full membership, considered going back to 6 day but also struggled to justify the extra funds. I'm a very reluctant out as I love the club & the course/facilities but my family comes first & I'll be joining a club that gives me $1k of relief for full membership. I can't help but think that a long-ish waiting list has probably provided the club with the security of minimal backlash in response to the subs increase but Yering also had this 6-7 years ago. I'm extremely disappointed by the decision. The club raised subs 3.5% last year & 4.9% this year with the addition of a $99 drainage levy which I think is very poor given the club is already swimming in cash. I know of 5 on the waiting list who will not accept an offer due to the raise in fees so I feel the club may get a shock if they have waiting list candidates declining offers to replace members they once had.

Can I ask which club you will be looking to go to?

#940 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10458 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

Can I ask which club you will be looking to go to?

Gardners Run

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users