29 replies to this topic

#1 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

Hey all, Myself and Smergen have organised a hit, this coming Sunday 15 Feb. I have booked a 2-4some group for 8.30am but am more than happy to book more groups. The course is in reasonable condition for the time of year/conditions and is probably 45minutes from the West Gate bridge. Any Melbourne users interested let me know Bacchus Marsh Golf Course

#2 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:48 AM

I'm in... naturally.

#3 Twistedpear

Twistedpear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:52 AM

Tempting... Any caveats? (H'cap etc)

#4 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

Nup (other than we hitoff at 8.30). Unless you have one? I'm not one to call the kettle black (at least not with out pointing out that I the pot am also blackend) so have a look at my golflink link below and you will see my 29.3 handicap.

#5 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:23 AM

Am happy to have 'conditions' just bear in mind I don't have a handicap and at this stage will be the first hit with the new clubs. Don't think I'll even have time to get to the range. More the merrier though...

#6 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23744 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

Rohann Playing trentham so can't make it. Kiwi

#7 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

No worries Kiwi, What will you be wearing? Sometime we will need to setup a day with Beno?

#8 Twistedpear

Twistedpear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hehe... I have a handicap of 35.8 (only got it last week!), so if you don't mind playing with a bit of a hacker, i'm keen for a hit :)

#9 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

Welcome aboard TP. I don't even have a handicap so you're already one up on me. I reckon they'll need to be able to expand it to triple figures to accomodate me at any rate. Awesome, just need one more!

#10 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

Welcome aboard TP. I don’t even have a handicap so you’re already one up on me. I reckon they’ll need to be able to expand it to triple figures to accomodate me at any rate.

Awesome, just need one more!

Smergen, in your email you mentioned your brother might be in? I could probably tee up somebody pends what they are up too. Have those lind suckers turned up yet?

#11 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

I'll give him a bell at lunch time (he's a cop in Bendigo and doing some fairly heavy shifts at the moment) and will check with him then, if that's OK? As for the Lind sticks, no knews from the home front of a nice big box waiting for me. But then, the order was (re)done on Friday, built and shipped from the factory Monday. The website says +3 days from then so that puts it either today (on the 3rd day) or tomorrow after the third day. Mate, f'n chomping at the bit.

#12 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

Just sent my bro a text on the off chance he was awake, and he got back to me. He's a no show dude so if you have someone to lock up the group feel free. I'm happy to play some sort of handicap/stableford thing as long as someone explains to me how it works :) If I had to guess a handicap I reckon it would be low 20s perhaps, based on average 'overs' in the last few rounds this year, all Par 72 95 @ Bendigo (+23) 89 @ Sunshine (+17) 101 @ Moonah Links Open (+29) 94 @ Yarrambat (+22) I'm sure it doesn't work exactly like that, but would it suffice for the time being?

#13 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

That's weird, not the formatting I intended!

#14 the_Plumber

the_Plumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

That’s weird, not the formatting I intended!

I'm not too stressed about handicaps, if you are looking to get a h'cap in the near future we can make sure we fill the card out properly and you can use it as one of your 3 or 5 cards. As far as I'm aware it doesn't matter what courses the cards come from as long as they are signed by a member of a golf club (it could be a member of 'that' golf club so that would be a catch) So if you then decided to be a member at Sunshine for example you could hand that card over as one to use for calculating your cap. I can try and teach you stableford but I'm only just getting the hang of it myself. If twisted pear wants to do that then maybe you and I both play of my 29? But I really don't care just happy to go and have hit and maybe a beer afterwards (or water to keep big momma happy).

#15 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12374 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

I'm keen to get a 'cap mate so I'll fill it in as I need to and scribble my putts and GIR on another one. For me mate, like you it's about getting out and having a hit. And as for the beer absolutely on. After a round of golf one I think you would have easily burnt enough energy to balance it out. At least that's how I'll justify it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users