6 replies to this topic

#1 dribadawo

dribadawo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

With all this amazing weather, i decided it was high time i hit the beach yesterday. I headed down to Catherinne hill bay and had an amazing afternoon of body surving... But I was standing about chest deep in water, lookingn for the perfect wave to body surf. I turn my head to look at my buddy on the shore, and when turn back, i see a surf board spearing straight at my head, after being thrown by a wave..... my reflex imediate reflex was to dive, and as i did the board, missed my head by centimetres. Turns out, the surfer had come off the wave, but hadnt bothered to wear a leg rope. This made me quite angry as he almost caused a severe accident. If hit by the board at the speed, I woiuld have been knocked out for sure, and drowing would have been a real danger... So this is my gripe for the day. Surfers, have the commen sense and courtesy to wear a legrope!... And on a much happie note, this weather is amazing...! Hit the beach... If any of you are from the central coast, head to catherine hill bay this afternoon, i might see you there...

#2 Boof

Boof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Great spot is Catherine Hill Bay and only about 10 minutes from my place so we love it up there. Have to ask the question dribadawo - were you in the flags? Not being critical mate and I believe that all surfers should wear a leggie but you can never be too careful. I only bodysurf myself these days after an incident at Soldiers Beach. Still love the water but the agro isn't worth it. Cheers, Mick

#3 dribadawo

dribadawo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

Great spot is Catherine Hill Bay and only about 10 minutes from my place so we love it up there.

Have to ask the question dribadawo – were you in the flags? Not being critical mate and I believe that all surfers should wear a leggie but you can never be too careful.

I only bodysurf myself these days after an incident at Soldiers Beach. Still love the water but the agro isn’t worth it.

Cheers,

Mick

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.

I usually am a flag swimmer, but yeserday we where just outside the flags to avoid alot of the people... Im still blown away by all the beautiful beaches on the central coast. When i moved here from the sunshine coast, i never though i would love the beaches here as i did the ones back home. But i was wrong

#4 Boof

Boof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

There are some great spots mate. Have a look at Frazer Park @ Munmorah too. Should hook up for a game at Morisset or Toukley as well. I'm on here often enough but haven't had much course time the last few weeks due to work and family commitments but we'll organise something if you're keen. Cheers, Mick

#5 dribadawo

dribadawo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:56 PM

There are some great spots mate. Have a look at Frazer Park @ Munmorah too.

Should hook up for a game at Morisset or Toukley as well. I’m on here often enough but haven’t had much course time the last few weeks due to work and family commitments but we’ll organise something if you’re keen.

Cheers,

Mick

If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

Mate, just let me know the word... we play morisset 3 or 4 times a week. when ever you want..lemme know

#6 dribadawo

dribadawo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1815 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:42 AM

There are some great spots mate. Have a look at Frazer Park @ Munmorah too.

Should hook up for a game at Morisset or Toukley as well. I’m on here often enough but haven’t had much course time the last few weeks due to work and family commitments but we’ll organise something if you’re keen.

Cheers,

Mick

If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

Should make it an ISG golf day, at morry?

#7 Boof

Boof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:36 AM

Yeah I would definitely be up for something like that mate. Have to take an annual leave day and then convince the wife but definitely sometime in the near future. Cheers, Mick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users