4 replies to this topic

#1 nogolf

nogolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1715 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

I don't want to be a professional clubfitter but would like to learn how customise clubs. I would love to be able to know how to re-shaft, re-grip, add extra papers to and generally recondition a golf club. Thing is I don't just want to learn how to do it but would also like to learn all the intrcascies of clubfitting as to what different shafts do and which ones a better for what??? Any suggestions on what my first steps in educating myself should be?

#2 KycGolfer

KycGolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4492 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:09 AM

contact Cliff manly... hes a regular here

#3 Toolish

Toolish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

Have you read the club fitting articles here? Search the net for Wishon, shaft profiling, MOI, shaft spine, FLO, Pureing, Swingweight Maltby has a good, slightly older, book on the physical details of assembly ofa club. Wishon has some good books also.

#4 nogolf

nogolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1715 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:25 AM

Have you read the club fitting articles here? Search the net for

Wishon, shaft profiling, MOI, shaft spine, FLO, Pureing, Swingweight

Maltby has a good, slightly older, book on the physical details of assembly ofa club. Wishon has some good books also.

down and out…did ya get that?

Yeah I'm starting to readi thouugh these articles now....but reading something & understanding it enough to put it into practice are two totally different things. I'm figuring that I'll need a lot of patience and that I will learn most by trial and error....just like my golf game really. Just intrerested in how others have gone about learning the art.

#5 manu99

manu99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1988 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:25 AM

I did exactly ask you want. Go for it it's fun ,and not too hard to do the basics. There are lots of web pages giving info on your needs. I started because I wanted to reshaft some old irons. It then looked a better deal to start afresh. I bought the heads, shafts, and grips from a forum ex member in Melbourne. He has since gone out of business. I then used Golfworks in the states. Good suppier, not too expensive. I have also used Golfsmith in the states. Golfworks do very good instructional pages. good luck if you need any more general advice , ask here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users