#901 BuggeraCup

BuggeraCup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1260 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:39 AM

Jeez mate, when does the sentence end, seems like you have been stuck in the desert for ages.

Ever play at Abu Dhabi GC (the flash one)? Aussie bloke is the Director of Golf

Malvern aka PerryGroves

Mate, I'm over here long term now. Probably be here for a few more years I reckon. The family loves it and the money and work-life balance is pretty hard to beat.

Yep, I've played Abu Dhabi National a few times now. Good, tough, long course usually in pretty epic condition. I didn't know an Aussie was running the show, I might try and get in his good books!

#902 BuggeraCup

BuggeraCup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1260 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted Today, 03:25 AM

Yas Links down in Abu Dhabi was the venue todays hit-out. This is a great course that is a faux-links but the condition always disappoints me. Not that it is in bad condition, in fact its always in great condition and that's the problem. They pump so much water onto it to keep the course lush and green that the course is always too soft instead of firm and fast which really negates the way the course was designed to be played.

I hit the ball great today with good length and a great ball-flight. I hit 10/14 fairways and 11 greens in regulation. However my putting and short game let me down again today. I always seem to struggle at Yas Links on and around the greens probably because the grass variety is different to any of the other courses around here. My poor short game lead a +7, 79 off the stick today but it probably should have been a bit better. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users