#856 BuggeraCup

BuggeraCup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:09 AM

A Christmas Eve hit out today, played in a decent winter fog that hung around most of the day, at Arabian Ranches in calm conditions. I started off hitting the ball really solid, especially with the driver. Irons were only okay but I was still hitting plenty of greens for the most part and putting was solid. Even though I didn't actually hole a heap of them I felt like I had a good feel for line and speed.

I birdied the 1st, which is always nice but I disappointingly bogied 8 (which is an 'easy' Par 5) and 9 to turn in +2, 38. Back nine was more of the same including a birdie on the drivable Par 4, 15. Again though I finished poorly and bogied both 17 and 18 to come home the same in +2, 38.

Overall, I hit the ball great, although I did start hooking a few towards the end of the round but a +4, 76 is always a good score - especially on this tough course off the back markers. 

+4, 76 (2 birdies, 10 pars, 6 bogies)

11/14 fairways

10 GIRs

32 putts (1 x 3-putt)

3/8 up and downs

• iRON MiCK likes this

#857 BuggeraCup

BuggeraCup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts
  • LocationDubai, UAE

Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

Played a couple of rounds over the last week so I'll combine the two into one write-up.

Played on New Year's Eve with a few mates at Arabian Ranches in windy conditions. I drove the ball really well again today, which is the strength of my game. Again though my irons were a little inconsistent. I putted well, although I didn't make a lot of long putts , I made everything that I should have made (inside 6ft) and rolled my long putts really nicely. I birdied the last (my only birdie), for a respectable +9, 81 in a round that was solid other than a terrible triple bogey 8 on the 'easy' Par 5, 3rd.

On Monday I finished up work nice and early and snuck in a round at the Els Club on my own. Again it was quite windy, probably a 2-club wind and the temps were quite cool. I started really well with 6 consecutive Pars to be Even after 6. The 7th is a short but tough Par 4 with water all the way down the left side. It is something of a bogey hole for me and in this case it was actually a double-bogey hole when I putt my second shot into the piss! After that I kind of lost it a bit mentally and, although I still played okay, I seemed to hit one poor shot per hole. I was on the bogey train and just leaked oil all the way in to finish +8, 80. Again, not a terrible score but the last 12 were played in +8 which is clearly not good enough for a sub-5 handicapper!!!

• RobNewy, Francie and iRON MiCK like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users