- Peregian Springs: The Signature Event 14 May 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Jun 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Jun 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Glades April Vouchers -(Buy now play anytime in April) 20 Apr 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($59 inc cart!) 31 May 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($75 w/cart) 31 May 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($25 walking) 31 May 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $85) 31 May 2014
- Boomerang Farm 20th Birthday Celebrations in April 30 Apr 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Easter promotions - Pelican Waters Golf Club 19 Apr 2014
- Drouin Golf Club - weekdays $28 Mon-Fri only $25 green fee! If you have never played the course before, what are you waiting for?
- Coplick' Tallebudgera - Midweek special $30pp 18 holes incl cart. Mon to Fri
- Riverside Oaks - Midweek $60 18 holes incl shared cart Mon - Fri.
- Palm Meadows Golf Club - $39.5 (Save 42%) (WAS $69.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Boomerang Farm Golf Course - $20 (Save 33%) (WAS $30.0) 18 Holes Walking Contact Pro-Shop on 55305231 for Motorised Buggy availability
- Sanctuary Cove (Palms) - Sunday Special $59 (Save 60%) (WAS $150.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart from 3pm - Not Guaranteed to finish 18 Holes
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club - $30 (Save 33%) (WAS $45.0) 18 Holes Walking
If it is preferred lie on the fairways, can you clean ball?
Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:21 PM
Bob I was pointing out that there are two approved LRs which permit the cleaning of a ball. Preferred Lies is the one that everyome is familiar with but the more restricted one is very rarely used. I have copied both below. b. Cleaning Ball Conditions, such as extreme wetness causing significant amounts of mud to adhere to the ball, may be such that permission to lift, clean and replace the ball would be appropriate. In these circumstances, the following Local Rule is recommended: "(Specify area) a ball may be lifted, cleaned and replaced without penalty. Note: The position of the ball must be marked before it is lifted under this Local Rule - see Rule 20-1. PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULE: Match play - Loss of hole; Stroke play - Two strokes." c. "Preferred Lies" and "Winter Rules" Ground under repair is provided for in Rule 25, and occasional local abnormal conditions that might interfere with fair play and are not widespread should be defined as ground under repair. However, adverse conditions, such as heavy snows, spring thaws, prolonged rains or extreme heat can make fairways unsatisfactory and sometimes prevent use of heavy mowing equipment. When these conditions are so general throughout a course that the Committee believes "preferred lies" or "winter rules" would promote fair play or help protect the course, the following Local Rule is recommended: "A ball lying on a closely mown area through the green [or specify a more restricted area, e.g., at the 6th hole] may be lifted without penalty and cleaned. Before lifting the ball, the player must mark its position. Having lifted the ball, he must place it on a spot within [specify area, e.g., six inches, one club-length, etc.] of and not nearer the hole than where it originally lay, that is not in a hazard and not on a putting green. A player may place his ball only once, and it is in play when it has been placed (Rule 20-4). If the ball fails to come to rest on the spot on which it was placed, Rule 20-3d applies. If the ball when placed comes to rest on the spot on which it is placed and it subsequently moves , there is no penalty and the ball must be played as it lies, unless the provisions of any other Rule apply. If the player fails to mark the position of the ball before lifting it or moves the ball in any other manner, such as rolling it with a club, he incurs a penalty of one stroke. Note: "Closely mown area" means any area of the course, including paths through the rough, cut to fairway height or less. *PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULE: Match play - Loss of hole; Stroke play - Two strokes. *If a player incurs the general penalty for a breach of this Local Rule, no additional penalty under the Local Rule is applied."
Sorry Steb, the ??? was directed to AAA,
Posted 04 July 2009 - 12:54 AM
Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:04 AM
Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:46 AM
Yep, it's been through the green for a while now. This did cause a lot of confusion initially though
The player may remove any loose impediments before placing the ball â€“ (Iâ€™m a bit worried about the embedded twigs, the loose impediments have to be just that, loose.)
And as an aside, preferred lies through the green is most unusual! Preferred lies IMO should be made according to the specimen Local Rule in the Rules Book, only on closely-mown areas, fairway height or less.
When â€śpreferred liesâ€ť is adopted through the green, nothing can stop a player from using the Local Rule if his ball is in a deep hole in the rough or it is lodged in a tree. Must too favorable for my liking.
To golf or not to golfâ€¦
what a silly question
Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:06 AM
Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:00 AM
Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:25 AM
Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:30 AM
Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:43 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users