81 replies to this topic

#31 EasyGame

EasyGame

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

Playing golf lighting every where we ducked for cover old mate was walking down the fairway with his club in the air, playing partner yells out what f—k you doing, he turned and yelled not even freaken god can hit a 1 iron

Lee Trevino I believe.

#32 Drgribuls

Drgribuls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1942 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:57 PM

ok, so when someone puts it in the middle, lately i've heard "thats in the mayors office". Maybe i'm a deadsh1t, but i don't get it?

#33 Claxey

Claxey

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:13 AM

I am not too sure either mate but I guess you can assume that being in the Mayors office is a good place to be. Not much work has to be done when you are in the middle of the fairway as opposed to the jungle. Not sure if this is a quote but I once heard Nick Faldo say to Fanny (his caddy back then) at the British Open, "Just give it to me fanny".. He meant a club but it was funny and the gallery that was close all laughed.

#34 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11907 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:21 AM

Lee Trevino I believe.

Spot on. for another see my sig

#35 K K Kenny

K K Kenny

The artist formerly known as HCWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4528 posts
  • LocationMid north coast, NSW

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:27 AM

ok, so when someone puts it in the middle, lately i’ve heard “thats in the mayors office”. Maybe i’m a deadsh1t, but i don’t get it?

I think maybe the Mayors office is the "central point of something". An extended version is "right in the mayors office with is secretary sitting on your knee" I sued this recently and the couple I was playing with were from Wollongong. The lady replied "no that would be the town planners office"- which made us all laugh when we considered the troubles they have had with their council and such things in recent times

#36 smoothbooth

smoothbooth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:09 AM

after a mate had hit his drive deep into the bush, other mate says "lassie couldn't find that even if it was wrapped in bacon" these greens are so fast, i hold the putter above the ball and hit it with the shadow. sam snead

#37 HateTheBall

HateTheBall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:46 AM

"Some people think they are concentrating when they're merely worrying. "

#38 HateTheBall

HateTheBall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:59 AM

"Through the years of experience I have found that air offers less resistance than dirt. "

#39 leftypullright

leftypullright

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationNorthern Rivers of NSW

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:02 AM

Stebboko on the North coast we say "That was a real little nipple sucker"and the best quote I ever heard was when a pro with a bad temper(could have been Tommy Bolt)threw his driver over a fence after a bad drive his caddy looked at him and said "I think you're going to have to throw a provisional"

#40 HateTheBall

HateTheBall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:04 AM

“I think you’re going to have to throw a provisional” That cracked me up!

#41 Dave_11372662112

Dave_11372662112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:18 PM

A reporter asked John Daley why or how he took a 13.... Wild thing replied "I missed the putt for a 12!!"... love it

#42 TheGolfinator

TheGolfinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:13 AM

ok, so when someone puts it in the middle, lately i’ve heard “thats in the mayors office”. Maybe i’m a deadsh1t, but i don’t get it?

On the floor in the Mayors Office you find really nice expensive carpet ie: the fairway Oldie but a goodie: A bad day at golf is still better than a good day at work.

#43 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3912 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:27 AM

Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson "what did you replace alcohol with?" Alice Cooper "Golf and cannibalism."

#44 swinger

swinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

A player in our group hit one off the tee waayy right in the scrub , one of the blokes said " that's clementine" . Lost and gone forever. Another bloke was looking at sinking a tricky 3 footer , another bloke in the group said " just think about it as having a fu-- , whip it in , whip it out , and wipe it".

#45 MickelsonsMob

MickelsonsMob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Lee Travino, I think...... "The more I practice, the luckier I get". Great thread, plenty of laughs :-) MM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users