81 replies to this topic

#16 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:05 AM

"A star that shines twice as bright burns twice as fast." - In memory of Greg Moore

Racinfarmer will be signing autographs at the mall from 3 to 5.

my favourite movie. "So I've got that going for me!"

#17 ernhendo

ernhendo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:18 AM

Play quite often with this chinese guy who has some of the best one liners. Hits the ball through the green quote "I should have taken one more club less"

#18 Ditty

Ditty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4555 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:07 AM

My favourite saying: you'd pay money to see that!

#19 dcee

dcee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

What about Moe Norman??? at a really tight par 4, pulls out driver. (Or 1 wood as it was back then) His playing partner asks "Why are you hitting driver? It's such a tight hole." Moe holds his ball up at eye level toward his intended target and says, "Why not.... it fits." Then put it in the middle of the fairway. dc

#20 glennbo

glennbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:52 AM

I read that Greg Norman onced asked his caddy ( the same one who caddied for him at his last open) why dont you ever give me exact distances,you always round them off to the nearest 5 (315, 225 etc, etc). his response was.... because your not that bloody good.

#21 zenobia

zenobia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

I read that Greg Norman onced asked his caddy ( the same one who caddied for him at his last open) why dont you ever give me exact distances,you always round them off to the nearest 5 (315, 225 etc, etc). his response was…. because your not that bloody good.

My wife says I'm obsessive compulsive. I say cant be that bad,there's
about 800 of us where I go every Saturday...

i think his caddy actually said that too payne stewart, not greg norman. sorry.

#22 Shanky

Shanky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:28 PM

Not sure who was responsible for this one.... Tour Pro to caddy... do you think I can get there with 5 iron ?... Caddy to Tour Pro.... Eventually ! ......

#23 Liquid82

Liquid82

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:37 PM

With reference to lightning quick greens... "their running quicker than a curry out of a sick indian..."

#24 scousegolfer

scousegolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:49 PM

Another one from the bible basher " I won 2 tournaments before i was 20, Tiger didn't." What a tool!

#25 Shimonko

Shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4922 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:47 AM

On referring to a tee shot that leaves a perfect approach line to the green: "That's a *** fondler..." You'll have to work out why for yourselves, else I risk being kicked.

#26 kimwilly

kimwilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

Jack Newton commentating after one of the players had a scratchy par, ' You don't have to draw a picture, just write the score on the card.'

#27 kimwilly

kimwilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:42 AM

Heard something similar,' good thing you didn't fart you would have sh*t yourself, moved everything but ya bowels."

#28 kimwilly

kimwilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:17 AM

There's alittle short bloke in our social golf club and he hits a good long ball but often gets asked if its legal to use clubs longer than he is tall

#29 Bio

Bio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

Playing golf lighting every where we ducked for cover old mate was walking down the fairway with his club in the air, playing partner yells out what f--k you doing, he turned and yelled not even freaken god can hit a 1 iron

#30 JuniorLegend

JuniorLegend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:51 AM

I heard one, I think it was Greg Norman was asked before a tournament , 'Its 40 degrees in the shade! How are you gunna cope?' Greg replied, 'Guess i'll have to stay out of the shade then!'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users