Photo

Total Golf Performance - (Club Fit, Melbourne)

• Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

#31 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23985 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

these guys put service before anything else, Good old fashioned service, Both Jon and Garth are very knowledgeable & great people to deal with. With their help over the years my golf has improved heaps, Highly recommend for repairs, re-shafting, purchase of new clubs, demo clubs & back up service.

#32 Wools

Wools

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:22 AM

I can only echo everyone else's sentiments. I had a fitting session the other day with Garth who was incredibly knowledgable and helpful. Luckily my current shafts appear to be suitable for my swing but the lie angles were completely out. I was also surprised that the lie angle adjustment needed for each club was different just showing how important it is to have a full fitting session.

#33 AussieJohn

AussieJohn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

both good guys, Garth coaches me, he puts up with my crap and has helped me a lot.

#34 funk44

funk44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

I have a set of mizuno mp57s that have some Rifle Flighted 5.5 in them that I'm sure are wrong for me, I'm finding I'm not getting the piercing ball flight I should be getting and the long irons balloon on me and I lose lots of distance. The thing is i like my mp57 heads and I am not prepared to (or can afford) a new set, are these guys happy to just fit me to the correct spec shafts with my current irons???

#35 _anon_

_anon_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3251 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Yes

#36 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23985 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

Yes

Aiyaaa, daidouji tomoyo-sama, odashiwa daisuki desuwa!!

and you may need to book in.

#37 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:39 AM

funk44 Tell us whether TGP help you after your consultation. piercing ball flight ?? sound like a single handicapper.

#38 elizabeth

elizabeth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1652 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

Jon, That 65gram reg shaft we put in the 23 degree hybrid last week is going beautifully so far. Thanks to you and Garth for the input. I might pop in and get my sand wedge lie angles checked again this weekend.

#39 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:02 AM

Also highly recommend both Garth and Jon. Took my R7 TP's in for a fitting early this year. Went from DG R300's which we found were soft stepped +++ and played more like L flex (no wonder i was snap hooking anything i put more than half a swing into!) to ns pro 950's in s flex w/bigger grips. I was initially a little concerned about the completely different feel i was receiving and the fact they were happy to listen and call me back in for a follow up shows they are about service and satisfaction not the $$$. (As it turns out the feel thing was just going from an L to S flex not to mention completely different types of shafts) 8 months later my hcap has come down 4 shots and my iron shot dispersion is so much better. The thing I liked the most was they are happy to give you in depth explanations about the what and why - I've learnt a lot about fitting and equipment from them both. Thanks Jon and Garth

#40 Domi

Domi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:47 AM

Do these guys have a website? Also can someone tell me what happens if you go in there and just want to start with nothing? ie. if you are getting rid of all your old clubs . Do they recommend you what to get or do they have all equipment there or order in etc?

#41 nogolf

nogolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1717 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:22 AM

These guys sound brilliant....I'm seriously considering flying down from Sydney just for a fitting.

#42 nogolf

nogolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1717 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

NFI up here.....they just want to tell me how good they are and how crap I am OR sell me a new set for a $1000+....

#43 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23985 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:31 AM

Do these guys have a website?
Also can someone tell me what happens if you go in there and just want to start with nothing? ie. if you are getting rid of all your old clubs . Do they recommend you what to get or do they have all equipment there or order in etc?

No website. Go in for a club fit. get a recommendation. Buy & order off them go away happy. Pick up the phone (03) 9570 9792. Be warned they aren't stupid (get fitted then buy on line)

#44 Domi

Domi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:33 PM

Warning taken. I am happy to spend some money in the knowledge that it could actually fit my swing.

#45 aym

aym

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:12 AM

Sounds like these guys are in love with their Nippon shafts, but yes they come highly recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users