14 replies to this topic

#1 frankyb

frankyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2331 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:37 AM

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 2 kg potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 5kg potato sacks. Then try 25 kg potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 50kg potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

#2 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10573 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:47 AM

Ha-ha ha. Cunny funt hey.

#3 Ditty

Ditty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4555 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:56 AM

laughing here - very funny!

#4 Cliffmanley

Cliffmanley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2822 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:28 PM

I figured out the punch line at the second sentence... and I'm not even 50 yet.... not funny at all.

#5 MrConsistency

MrConsistency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3495 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:54 PM

Hahaha I thought it was hilarious, maybe cos I didn't figure out the punch line before time.

#6 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10573 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:41 AM

Mate, Some people have no sense of humour. As I get closer to 60 my body is letting me know what it thinks of strenuous exercise. The potato bags sound fine to me.

#7 Ditty

Ditty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4555 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:31 AM

Mate, Some people have no sense of humour. As I get closer to 60 my body is letting me know what it thinks of strenuous exercise. The potato bags sound fine to me.

A bad day on the golf course is better than no golf at all. :(

No one who ever had a lesson would have a swing like mine

Lee Trevino

ditto for ditty...block it mate - I tell everyone I'm 48...lol

#8 Johanna_C

Johanna_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationNetherland

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:49 AM

I tell people I'm 90, that really amazes them ;-))

#9 Ditty

Ditty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4555 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:31 AM

I tell people I’m 90, that really amazes them ;-))

so what range are you in Joanna? I have a friend on myspace and she tells everyone she's 76..lol

#10 Johanna_C

Johanna_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationNetherland

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:51 AM

It reminds me of the 65 year old rich widower who arrived in the golfclub with a georgeous 22 year-old blond on his arm. When he told his golfing buddies that she was his new wife, they were almost speechless. "Did you tell her you where 50" ? they asked. "No" he said, "I told her I was 90"!

#11 Ditty

Ditty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4555 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

It reminds me of the 65 year old rich widower who arrived in the golfclub with a georgeous 22 year-old blond on his arm. When he told his golfing buddies that she was his new wife, they were almost speechless.
“Did you tell her you where 50” ? they asked.
“No” he said, “I told her I was 90”!

good one - got it!

#12 muntz

muntz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:41 AM

heh heh

#13 Jungle_Jim

Jungle_Jim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

Being in my 60th year I find this one of the best exercises - ease yourself into a recliner rocker and push back to raise the foot rest - lean forwards and push your bum back to lower the foot rest again. Do this five times a minute for one minute. Guaranteed to drive the wife spare before the minute is up.

#14 NWABP

NWABP

Number 9

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6618 posts
  • LocationCant-bra

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Being in my 60th year I find this one of the best exercises – ease yourself into a recliner rocker and push back to raise the foot rest – lean forwards and push your bum back to lower the foot rest again. Do this five times a minute for one minute. Guaranteed to drive the wife spare before the minute is up.

yeah, but then she'll hide the remote on ya! and as you go round the room searching, searching, searching, lifting cushions, moving chairs, bending down to look under tables, turning to peer behind cabinets - she'll quietly chuckle at your new "exercise regime"

#15 publish

publish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3145 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

Approaching 60, I reckon I can manage two potatoes. Actually "young frankyb", any time you want to try a 20k run or a 700k hike, I'm up for it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users