Teetime Specials

• Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlet’s Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

Melbourne Demo Days

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 mouldy

mouldy

Potential Greg Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1193 posts
  • LocationSouth of the Yarra

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

I am in dire need of a 3 wood and a 5 wood or hybrid 18*-19*, trying in the shop is a waste of time. Where can I find out where and when demo days are being held. Want to try TM, Ping and Adams. I live in Brighton and so anything bayside, south or south-east is preferred. thanks guys

#2 muggolfer

muggolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:01 PM

Mate try the Range at Sandringham. They have demos once a month. Check the website for dates and you can have a bash and they charge you for a bucket of balls-no freebies.

#3 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

Same thing at MGA once a month.

#4 AriGold

AriGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:37 PM

Former Top 10 on the PGA Tour ISG Money List.

First wednesday of the month

#5 mouldy

mouldy

Potential Greg Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

thanks guys.

#6 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

Also pick up a copy of the golfer newspaper (found at most courses for free). It has a list of all the demo days.

Former Top 10 on the PGA Tour ISG Money List.

First wednesday of the month

5-7pm...pays to get there early.

#7 Perko

Perko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

Hi, as an occassional visitor to Melbourne ... can you tell me what/where MGA is ? Many thanks.

#8 mouldy

mouldy

Potential Greg Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:00 PM

centre dandenong rd just opposite moorabbin airport

#9 SJGC

SJGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:03 PM

The MGA demo day is 1st Wednesday of the month from 4-7pm. The Sandringham range demo day is (I think) 3rd Wednesday of the month but it is 5-7pm so in the depths of winter it is dark by 5.30 so you gotta get there early to see how the ball flies. MGA also has a free sausage sizzle ...... Mmmmm !!

#10 Perko

Perko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

Sorry to be a regal pain in the @rse but what does MGA stand for?

#11 muntz

muntz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:29 PM

Bulleen range has demo days for Callaway / TM / Mizuno every month I think.

#12 mouldy

mouldy

Potential Greg Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:13 AM

MGA = Melbourne Golf academy ie it is a driving range but is attached to Captital Golf Course which is Lloyd Williams private golf course

#13 Perko

Perko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

Thanks cobber

#14 Kiwi

Kiwi

kiwi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18952 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

Perko it's one of the, if not the best sets up for practisce in melb that is only my opinion tho, others may agree

#15 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

perko.... MGA

#16 AriGold

AriGold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

MGA = Melbourne Golf academy ie it is a driving range but is attached to Captital Golf Course which is Lloyd Williams private golf course

You are right it is the best!

#17 Perko

Perko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:59 AM

Thanks fellahs, It does look good - next time I'm in Melbin I'm there.

#18 gead

gead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

went to the MGA demo day last night....it was a very interesting and useful thing to do....was able to try out the ping g10 and i10 irons, various iterations of the g10 driver, and the the various Taylor Made drivers. Also had a wack of the new burner irons...they had a fantastic feel... it was certainly worth knocking off work for!

#19 mouldy

mouldy

Potential Greg Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:47 AM

Gead What other brands were available ? Was it very crowded or easy to get to try a few different clubs ? I had to work so it means waiting another month unless I can get to Sandringham in a fortnight.

#20 pxpx

pxpx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:06 AM

hey Gead, Did you notice if there was Cleveland representation at the MGA demo day? I am really keen to have a hit with a Hibore XLS driver, but can't seem to find anywhere that sells them AND has an outdoor range? I know the Sandy demos don't include Cleveland. I don't trust those indoor machines at all....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users