Feet, Hips or shoulders?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The_Bloke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:43 AM

OK, Guru, which is more important to have pointing in the direction of flight? Before you say all three, feet, hips and shoulders need to be parallel, my problem is that with a normal stance, all three are different. This is due to a back operation where the major back muscle was over lapped to give me more support, but it also turns my trunk to the left. If I put my shoulders in the direction of flight, my left foot is around 5 inches forward of parallel and conversely, feet straight give my shoulders about an 8 degree turn to the left. I have tried to choose one of the three but it has given me an inconclusive result. Maybe I should call in on Bob Jane T Marts for a wheel alignment!! So if you can suggest which part of my body is more important to aim with, I'll try to set up that way.

#2 Toolish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3753 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:50 AM

Theoretically shoulders...in practice, whatever best allows you to get the club approaching the ball from the inside...in your case it definately sounds like square shoulders with a closed feet alignment would be the go as I would imagine with your operation and the like you would have a tendency to come OTT.

#3 finster869

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

Having been experimenting with the "pre-turned hip" (see other thread), I can assure you it is not the hips! I think Toolish is dead on.

#4 Golf-Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:26 PM

Bloke: Sounds like you have been through the wars there! I would suggest at first glance Shoulders as Toolish has. The only possible fly in the ointment is whether with the surgery you have had that your on plane swing may be slightly twisted either left or right a tad by how you can rotate. Best way to test this is with the flashlight drill to keep the light on the intended flight line with the least amount of doing something that you body is going to resist. Its best to find your local Pro to get expert advice to prevent any injury issues from occurring for you. You have had enough pain already!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users