921 replies to this topic

#16 CHRIS_B

CHRIS_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:01 AM

First name: Chris Height: 176cm. Weight: 85kg. Location: Adelaide Hills. Years Playing: 7 Righty or Lefty?: Righty. Home Course: Echunga, Strathalbyn What’s in the Bag?: Driver: FT-i 9.5 until i clipped a tee marker last fortnight 3 Wood: 15 degree Titleist 904F2 Utility: 19 degree Titleist 585H Irons: Titleist 755 4-PW Wedges: Titleist Tour chrome 52 bent to 53, Spin milled 56 & 60 bent to 59 Putter: Taylormade Ball: Callaway iX tour or Srixon ZUR-C Handicap: 10 Handicap Goal for 2008: 7 Strengths: Distance and accuracy of 3 wood, not missing the driver all that much Weakness: Breakdown when good round going. eg 37 - 45 - 82 last week Your Typical Pre-Round Routine: Stay up till 3am as i'm usually pretty excited.. Rock up, some bar duties as i'm the Treasurer at the club. Hit the practice fairway and hit wedge up to 7 iron, hit the putting and chipping green for twice as long.. Walk to the first tee and tee off with a four iron for no other reason than it's a dogleg. Golf Attire: Whatever is clean, pants and a polo usually Club Distances: 3 wood - 235, 9 iron 125-130 4 iron 180 Your Usual Ballflight: Mid to Hi Have You Played Competitively? Where? When?: Try to go to as many opens as possible, Play pennants for strathalbyn visiting Links Lady Bay, Fleurieu Pick The Ball Cleanly, or Divot?: strong divot post impact, slowly shallowing out with last lot of swing changes Blades or Cavity Backs?: Blades if i played regularly enough, just love the look of them and the feeling of catching one flush Links or Tree Lined?: Love the links Range Rat or Gain Experience By Playing? Practice mechanics on the range, go onto the course to practice feel and rythm and brush up on course management What Time of Day Do You Prefer Playing? Seem to perform better after lunch, probably due to being p till 3am Do You Get First Tee Jitters? Never Your Overused Golf Sayings: Don't have one but forever hear running like a sailors.... get the occasional long iron thin Quiet Player or Loud?: depends how i'm playing, quiet and focussed when playing well.. usually loud with a drink after the group has thrown away any chance of playing well Walk or Golf Cart?: Walk. Best score for 9 holes: -2 Best score for 18 holes: even par Highest / lowest / current handicaps: 19/8.5/10 Best golfing memory: Hole in one in january, 177m into the wind

#17 Sarg

Sarg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:31 AM

P.s. Its alot of editing to get it all spaced out nicely and bolded.

The REAL Mr Consistency

http://www.golflink.com.au/...

i was going to say not for me cause i'm copying yours but it doesn't look like the bolds going to work :-( First name: Andrew Height: 165cm Weight: 65kg Location: Brisbane Years Playing: 4 months practise 2 games Righty or Lefty?: Righty Home Course: Caboolture Golf Course, not a member yet though. What’s in the Bag?: Currently use a set of Maxfli XD's, cheap forgiving set for my first clubs. When I get a handicap of 20 or better will look at a better set. Wedges: Intend on trying a 60o GCR wedge. Putter: Maxfli D-tec mk3 Mallet style. Ball: Vision UV. Handicap: Don't have one. Handicap Goal for 2008: To get one and be at 25.In reality 20-25 by mid 09. Strengths: Very few at the moment, not to bad a pitches from inside 30 Weaknesses: The rest of my game :-( Your Typical Pre-Round Routine: Practise putting and some good stretching Your Golf Attire (usually): Shorts, polo shirt, white vision hat, Oakley shoes the blisters let me know why they were on clearance for $50, ectonic glove. Club Distances: Haven't worked them all out yet but i'm not a powerfull hitter the longest i've drove is about 160-70 Your Usual Ballflight: A nice looking slice though i'm straightening it out Pick The Ball Cleanly, or Divot?: Normally cut the grass. Blades or Cavity Backs?: Cavity Links or Tree Lined?: Tree lined Range Rat or Gain Experience By Playing? If I don't get to play i'll go to the range weekly. If i'm lucky I get both. What Time of Day Do You Prefer Playing? Early morning or late arvo. Do You Get First Tee Jitters? Driving to the course but once i'm there doesn't bother me. Your Overused Golf Sayings: That Sux Quiet Player or Loud?: Don't mind a chat wouldn't say i'm loud though. Walk or Golf Cart?: Walk but wouldn't mind a cart every now and then. Favorite Golf Quotes: Best score for 9 holes: 72 Best score for 18 holes: See above was depressed and stopped counting :-( Best golfing memory: Hitting a fairway :-))

#18 MrConsistency

MrConsistency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3495 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

Yea I learnt that a while back. Was a pain and I still didn't get all the bold in the right spots! P.s. This thread is quickly becoming the facebook of the ISG realm! Hopefully more will post theirs up. Don't get too frustrated at the numbers you end up with Sarg, golf is about so much more!

#19 Styles

Styles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5165 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

First name: Andrew Height: 6'1" Weight: 5th Amendment - its coming down is all I'll say! Location: Banbridge, Northern Ireland Years Playing: 25 years or so Righty or Lefty?: Right hand, left foot :D Home Course(s): Balmoral Golf Club and Banbridge Golf Club What’s in the Bag?: Driver: Callaway FT5, 10.5, Fujikira shaft 3 wood Cobra Irons: Callaway X20 Tour Wedges Titelist Vokey 54 deg. Cleveland Rusty 64 degree Putter: Odyssey 2 Ball by Dave Pelz Ball: Callaway HX 56 or Pelz O-Ball or Titleist Pro V1. Lately even a Srixon URS Handicap: 3 (2.8) Handicap Goal for 2008: Scratch or better Strengths: Holing out, bunker play, chipping, mid irons and driving Weaknesses: Still a few mental weaknesses Your Typical Pre-Round Routine: Go to range about an hour before teeing off and hit a maximum of 60 balls but usually about 30 full shots then chips and pitches. Arrive at course 10-15 minutes before tee off and have a putt and get card etc. Your Golf Attire (usually): Chinos and polo shirt Club Distances: Gap Wedge - 105 yards PW : 115 - 125 yds 9 iron: 125 - 135 yds 8 iron: 135 - 145 yds 7 iron: 145 - 160 yds 6 iron: 160 - 180 yds 5 iron: 180 - 195 yds 4 iron: 195 - 210 yds 3 iron: 210 - 220 yds 2 iron: 220 - 235 yds Hybrid: 215 - 235 yds 3 Wood: 220 - 250 Driver: 270+ yds Your Usual Ballflight: 5 yard draw Pick The Ball Cleanly, or Divot?: Down n out :) - Divot baby! Blades or Cavity Backs?: Cavity Links or Tree Lined?: Links Range Rat or Gain Experience By Playing? Bit of both What Time of Day Do You Prefer Playing? Tee off on Saturday is usually noon Do You Get First Tee Jitters? Sure, it lets me know its game time! Your Overused Golf Sayings: "Thats like riding your sister, its up there but you're not proud of it" Quiet Player or Loud?: Depends on how I'm playing! Walk or Golf Cart?: Walk, its a game played on the ground! Favourite Golf Quotes: "The more I practice the luckier I get" Best score for 9 holes: Four under * Best score for 18 holes: 67 (2 under) * Best golfing memory: 2 holes in one, winning the club scratch cup, finishing with 4 birdies and a par to win a competition. Lots and lots of good memories!

#20 tdoddsy

tdoddsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

First name: Ben Height: 6’0” Weight: 70 Kg Location: Roxby Downs, South Australia Years Playing: 1 Righty or Lefty?: Right hand Home Course(s): Roxby Downs Golf Course What’s in the Bag?: Driver: Mizuno MP-600 10.5 Aldilda NV 65 Stiff 3 wood Mizuno F-60 15 Aldilda NV 65 Stiff Irons: Mizuno MP-57 3-PW Dynamic Gold R300 Wedges Mizuno MP-R 52/7, 56/13, 60/5 Dynamic Gold R300 Putter: Yes! Callie Ball: Callaway HX Hot Handicap: 16 Handicap Goal for 2008: 14 Strengths: Driving, Iron Play, Recovery Shots Weaknesses: Chipping, Putting Your Typical Pre-Round Routine: Range 50 Balls, Chipping & Putting Practice Your Golf Attire (usually): Adidas Climacool Shirt & Shorts. Adidas 360 Tour Shoes & Mizuno Hat Club Distances: SW - 80m GW – 10m PW : 120m 9 iron: 130m 8 iron: 140m 7 iron: 150m 6 iron: 160m 5 iron: 170m 4 iron: 185m 3 iron: 200m 3 Wood: 230m Driver: 250m Your Usual Ballflight: Medium Draw Pick The Ball Cleanly, or Divot?: Divot Blades or Cavity Backs?: Cavity Links or Tree Lined?: Links Range Rat or Gain Experience By Playing? Playing What Time of Day Do You Prefer Playing? Late Afternoon Do You Get First Tee Jitters? No. Love a crowd when i drive Your Overused Golf Sayings: Unlucky there Quiet Player or Loud?: Quiet Walk or Golf Cart?: Cart Favourite Golf Quotes: If only i could putt Best score for 9 holes: 2 Under Best score for 18 holes: 79 (+7) Best golfing memory: Eagle on the hardest holf at the club.

#21 Suspect

Suspect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:28 PM

First name: Niall Height: 5' 7 Weight:: 64 kg Location: NSW South Coast Years Playing: Took golf up in '95 stopped in '98, and started again last Sept '07 Righty or Lefty?: Right Home Course: Kiama What’s in the Bag?: Mostly Prosimmon, except for Nike 60 deg wedge, Acer and Nike Hybrids Handicap: 26 Handicap Goal for 2008: 20 Strengths: not many as yet LOL Weaknesses: Sand Shots, Driver, but a lack of consistency is my real killer Your Golf Attire (usually): Shorts, Polo, Adidas Shoes, TM Glove, Black Vision Cap (don't want to get the white one dirty) Club Distances: PW 90, 5i 140-150, D 190-220 Your Usual Ballflight: From beautiful fade to glorious slice Have You Played Competitively? Where? When?: Just the usual club comps, looking forward to the day I can put my hand up for pennants Pick The Ball Cleanly, or Divot?: Divot more often than not Blades or Cavity Backs?: CB Links or Tree Lined?: Links Range Rat or Gain Experience By Playing?: Course, need to go to the range more What Time of Day Do You Prefer Playing?: morning, earlier the better Do You Get First Tee Jitters?: I used to, but not any more, just another hole Your Overused Golf Sayings: "get down!!!!" Quiet Player or Loud?: Quiet Walk or Golf Cart?: Walk Favourite Golf Quotes: "It's not whether you win or lose - but whether I win or lose." Sandy Lyle Highest / lowest / current handicaps: 27/26/26 Best golfing memory: Playing Portmarnock in Dublin

#22 Lintz

Lintz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

First name: Mark
Height: 5’ 9
Weight:: around 100kg

Years Playing: 16
Righty or Lefty?: Right
Home Course: Keysborough

What’s in the Bag?: New Ping G10 driver, Taylor Made V-Steel 3 and 5 woods, my original Dynacast irons plus a Titleist 54 degree wedge.

Handicap: 8
Handicap Goal for 2008: 6

Strengths: short gameWeaknesses: Length off tee
Your Golf Attire (usually): Shorts, Polo and Wild Turkey cap.
Club Distances: PW 90, 5i 155-165, D 190-220
Your Usual Ballflight:Not high, not low but somewhere inbetween

Have You Played Competitively? Where? When?: Just the usual club comps and pennant

Pick The Ball Cleanly, or Divot?: Divot
Blades or Cavity Backs?: Cavity Backs

Links or Tree Lined?: Tree Lined

Range Rat or Gain Experience By Playing?: Would go practice at the course over the range.
What Time of Day Do You Prefer Playing?: early morning (seem to get the best conditions!)
Do You Get First Tee Jitters?:Never in club comps but used to in pennant and other tournaments.

Your Overused Golf Sayings: Don't really have one....
Quiet Player or Loud?: I don't mind a chat on the course
Walk or Golf Cart?: Walk
Favourite Golf Quotes: Don't have one...

Highest / lowest / current handicaps: 24/7/8

Best golfing memory: Holing a 3 wood for my second shot at the 11th hole at Wonthaggi (pitty it was second ball!)

#23 longoffthetee

longoffthetee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

First name:Glenn Height:175cm Weight:115kg Location:Kooralbyn, Queensland Years Playing:3 Righty or Lefty?:Righty Home Course:Kooralbyn Resort What’s in the Bag?: Driver: TM Superquad Woods: Maxfli Missile 3 wood Hybrid: Maxfli Missile 19* Irons: Maxfli Missile 4 - 9 Wedges: Vokey 48* Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Putter: Maxfli Putter Ball: Titliest Pro V1x Handicap:12 Handicap Goal for 2008: 9 Strengths: Drive and Chip/ Pitch shots Weaknesses: Approach Shots Your Typical Pre-Round Routine:Breakfast, 1/2 hour on the range warming up, stretch then let her rip. Your Golf Attire (usually): Long pants, Golf Polo Shirt, Etonic Shoes, Foot Joy Socks, Precept Glove. Club Distances: Driver 250m Woods 200m - 230m Hybrid 200m 4i 180 - 190 5i 170 - 180 6i 160 7i 150 8i 130 - 140 9i 120 - 130 PW 110 - 120 SW 70 - 80 LW 45 - 55 Your Usual Ballflight: Driver and Woods 5- 10m fade. Irons 5 - 10 metre Draw Have You Played Competitively? Where? When?:Just club comps and Pennants Pick The Ball Cleanly, or Divot?: Divot Blades or Cavity Backs?: Cavity Links or Tree Lined?: Both Range Rat or Gain Experience By Playing? Range Rat completely What Time of Day Do You Prefer Playing? Early Morning Do You Get First Tee Jitters? No Your Overused Golf Sayings: "Spanked it", and "that will be fine untill you hit it again." Quiet Player or Loud?: Like a chat but not loud. Walk or Golf Cart?: Golf Cart don't let us walk my home course. Favourite Golf Quotes: "Golf is like being kicked in the nuts, it hurts but eventually it leaves a nice tingling sensation." Bill Murray Best score for 9 holes: 35 -1 Best score for 18 holes:70 -2 (^ same round) Highest / lowest / current handicaps:H=28, L=11, C=12 Best golfing memory: Holing out from the Bunker on 18 to get over $150 in skins. Winning a Copperhead to get entry into the Copperhead championships.

#24 mattmiddo

mattmiddo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

Pay someone out about their weight on a forum. You are such a tougie publish. Guess you are perfect hey.

#25 longoffthetee

longoffthetee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for your advice Publish, but I have dropped down from 135kg in 2months so I think I am doing pretty well, there is no way in hell I am going to get that weight back and I am still going strong. I have made my life change and for the better. My goal weight for this year is 95Kg and I am ahead of that goal according to my trainer.

#26 KycGolfer

KycGolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4492 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for your advice Publish, but I have dropped down from 135kg in 2months so I think I am doing pretty well, there is no way in hell I am going to get that weight back and I am still going strong. I have made my life change and for the better. My goal weight for this year is 95Kg and I am ahead of that goal according to my trainer.

Great stuff going ! bet it feels as good as your golf handicap coming down

#27 longoffthetee

longoffthetee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:35 PM

Great stuff going !

bet it feels as good as your golf handicap coming down

If Tiger plays Lefty will he be that good ?
You sure Square is Good ? Don't Think So !
Good Golf is Fun plus the Great Outdoors...
In the Bag: Clubs and Balls. My Handicap is Bad Golf.

Better mate it feels heaps better.

#28 drgazgiz

drgazgiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3288 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

First name: publish Height: 193 Weight: 94 Location: Daylesford, Victoria Years Playing: 12 Righty or Lefty?: Right Home Course: Trentham What’s in the Bag?: KZG Driver, some component 3-wood thingy, Srixon AD hybrids, KZG forged irons, Odyssey 2-ball putter Handicap: 11.6 Handicap Goal for 2008: 10 Strengths: Putting Weaknesses: Rest of the short game Your Typical Pre-Round Routine: Some putts then walk to the first tee Your Golf Attire (usually): Presentable, hate being scruffy Club Distances: Driver 200-220, 5-iron 150-160, PW 100 Your Usual Ballflight: Straight to slight draw Have You Played Competitively? Where? When?: Club competitions every week, tournaments, VGA seniors Pick The Ball Cleanly, or Divot?: My teacher has got me taking more of a divot than I used to. I have never hit down on my irons enough. Blades or Cavity Backs?: Progressive set (KZG Evolutions) Links or Tree Lined?: Play tree-lined, prefer links Range Rat or Gain Experience By Playing?: Both What Time of Day Do You Prefer Playing?: Afternoon Do You Get First Tee Jitters?: No Your Overused Golf Sayings: 1. Shot! 2. Hit it! (after a short putt) Quiet Player or Loud?: I like to "have the course to myself" when I'm making a stroke, otherwise chatty. Walk or Golf Cart?: Walk, definitely. I'll only use a cart when I'm about dead. Favourite Golf Quotes: Bob Rotella's books Best score for 9 holes: 34 Best score for 18 holes: 72 Highest / lowest / current handicaps: 25 / 9 / 12 Best golfing memory: Three holes-in-one.

#29 Chook Norris aka L4G

Chook Norris aka L4G

BOKBOKBOKBOGURK!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7006 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

I reackon Publish meant find a course that allows you to walk rather than go and walk the weight off..I think it may have been taken out of context.

#30 drgazgiz

drgazgiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3288 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

OK, my response was a bit out of line and I apologise, but golf is a good opportunity to exercise well into old age. When you are in your late-50s like me, and you see guys going into hospital for heart bypasses because they're overweight or smoked a packet a day all their lives, you become more acutely aware of men's health issues and realise that it all starts back at a much earlier age. I see blokes doing things in their 20s and 30s that make me shudder, because I know they are not setting up habits for a long and healthy life. Good to see you are taking steps and I appreciate that. I just hate it when courses make you ride in a cart. The financial imperative of the golf course to make money from cart hire overrides the health benefits of a good walk in the park, especially for all us blokes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users