- Wakehurst Golf voucher: 2 players w/cart @ $65 (includes a drink) 31 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Mecure Portsea Golf Club & Resort 30 Sep 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Commercial Club Albury 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Yarrawonga Mulwala Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Club Barham 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Cobram Barooga Golf Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Play Golf - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Oct 2014
- Golf - Black Bull Golf Club 31 Aug 2014
- Winter Weekend Special at Golfers Resort and Glenn McCully Golf Schools Yarrawonga 31 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Tocumwal Golf Club 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Rich River Golf Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Stay 'n' Play - Murray Downs Golf & Country Club Resort 30 Aug 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offer - The Kinloch Club 30 Oct 2014
- Exclusive New Zealand offers: Kauri Cliffs & Cape Kidnappers 30 Oct 2014
- Port Stephens Spring Cup - P.S. I love you xx 31 Jul 2014
- 3rd Annual iseekgolf.com National Social Golf Open (2 days) (NSW Central Coast) 19 Oct 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Ellenbrook Course (WA) ($69 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Vines Resort & Country Club – Lakes Course (WA) ($49 inc cart!) 30 Aug 2014
- The Cut Golf Course -WA ($55 w/cart) 30 Aug 2014
- Secret Harbour Golf Links ($19 walking) 30 Aug 2014
- Sanctuary Golf Resort -WA (2 @ $69) 30 Aug 2014
- Mandurah Country Club (WA) (2 @$69 inc cart!) 31 Oct 2014
- Meadow Springs Golf and Country Club ($59) 31 Dec 2014
- iseekgolf.com golf caps 3 @$30 inc post 31 Dec 2014
- Ashgrove Golf Club Sunday special - 2 players 18 holes incl cart only $35pp!
- The Links - Shell Cove - $25 (Save 57%) (WAS $59.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart
- Cypress Lakes Resort - $49 (Save 34%) (WAS $75.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart I seek Special Rate. Dress Code applies. Not applicable with any other promotion
- Cheltenham Golf Club - $15 (Save 0%) (WAS $15.0) 18 Holes Walking $15 for as many holes as you can play! Collared shirt required. Carts available from the club. Please call the Pro Shop on 9583 2567.
- Vincentia Golf Club - $28 (Save 53%) (WAS $60.0) 18 Holes incl. Cart This rate is for 2 sharing a cart includes 18 Holes for 2 and Cart
- Coolangatta Tweed Heads Golf Club (River) - $25 (Save 50%) (WAS $50.0) 18 Holes Walking Note: We operate on Daylight Savings Time (DST). All bookings made are in DST times (NSW)
- Cypress Lakes - $49 incl cart Special iseekgolf price at $49pp 18hole incl cart every Mon, Tues, Thu!!
Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:18 AM
Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:13 AM
Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:36 PM
OoI where can one find that R&A statement? Does it mean that a freshly planted mature tree cannot be protected? Do you mean that the LR is only invalid regarding the trees in question? The stakes remain obstructions.
It may not matter. The R&A have said that the Local Rule giving telief from staked (or otherwise marked) trees must only be used if the tree is both Ã¢â‚¬ËœyoungÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ and Ã¢â‚¬Ëœin need of protectionÃ¢â‚¬â„¢.
I would suggest the LR is no longer valid.
In your examples, it sounds to me that the committee are no longer concerned about protecting the trees, whatever their age. I would say they donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t qualify.
Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:52 AM
Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:04 AM
Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:28 AM
The approved specimen LR makes no mention of tree height. It simply requires that the tree(s) be identified in some particular way.
the R&A wording isnt what you need to look at , its the exact wording of the local rule adopted by YOUR club Ã¢â‚¬Â¦.
basically , theres 4 likely possible local rules ..
Free from trees under 2 clublengths high
Free from staked trees
Free from trees under 2 clublengths high AND staked
Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:41 AM
OoI where can one find that R&A statement?The ruling came to me from the R&A in response to a question I asked them about setting up our course. I was given permission to publish it on the Leith Society. We use small holly bushes to indicate the 150 yard distance. Most bushes are now over 10 years old. But we had 6 new holes built and planted new bushes which we staked. Some members said it was confusing to have some staked and others not. They also said that it would be against the RoG to declare them to be immovable obstructions as they do not satisfy the definition. However a stake or tensioning wires would of course be obstructions in their own right. But RC's comment is then relevant.
Does it mean that a freshly planted mature tree cannot be protected?
Do you mean that the LR is only invalid regarding the trees in question?
The stakes remain obstructions.
Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:27 AM
Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:04 AM
Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:20 AM
This is a perennial problem and there is no universal answer. In the normal course of a club's life such rulings probably do not matter too much as all players will be treated the same (ie in equity). If major (ie non internal competitions) are held on a course there will normally be an inspection by one or more ROs before the event to check on course marking and LRs. Most ROs do a fair amount of networking so the information from such rulings is likely to get about. The really 'big boys' like Paramor are in touch with pretty well everything that the R&A/USGA say that might be significant. Of course the R&A are not making a new rules just clarifying the situation for normal amateur clubs and players.
how do clubÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s apart from yours, know about it.
Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:17 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users