35 replies to this topic

#1 Proulx

Proulx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:25 AM

Hello all, Playing a schneaky nine holes yesterday before work, I was travelling quite well when one of the straps on my Callaway Stand Bag snapped. I bought it off ebay less than 12 months ago, used, for $120...silly me. I think that the bag is flowered and as I didn't buy it from a reputable shop, I think that I am flowered for getting another one! Any tips about great bags people have bought this season? I think that the stand bags maybe a little small for all the clubs, not too heavy to carry, however it is pretty squishy for the clubs in there. Any brands, prices, pros/cons appreciated. Cheers ATGTT

#2 SJGC

SJGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:12 AM

ATGTT - I will only let you in on the Worlds Greatest Secret On Golf Bags if you change your avatar. Seriously man - having a convicted gang rapist on your avatar is not cool. Please change it.

#3 Proulx

Proulx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:34 AM

changed the avatar to Warrnambool Racecourse, all good. Now that bag suggestion?

#4 ClevelandIndian

ClevelandIndian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:00 AM

Don't carry your bag.....my 2 cents, get a cart bag & push the buggy. Carrying is way too hard....but that's from a lazy bugger.

#5 Socks

Socks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

I second that. Ive been pushing mine for the last few months and sore backs have become a thing of the past. Maxfli make some really good bags at good prices and it was reported a few days ago that TM wont continue to market the brand. If thats the case you may pick up a bargain.

#6 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4489 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:12 AM

1 vote for carrying. It's quicker, you get fit, it's one less thing to clean and put in the car. Ping, Titleist, Ogio...they're all good.

#7 ClevelandIndian

ClevelandIndian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:58 AM

it’s one less thing to clean and put in the car.

HA!!!! Gotta love the hay bale look in the back of the car, always smells like the golf course whilst driving. Would rather push than having an aching back & shoulders, but maybe I'm just lazy?

#8 KycGolfer

KycGolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4492 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:02 AM

Heard Wilson (carry) is not too bad either....

#9 SJGC

SJGC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for doing that ATGTT. I vote for Callaway or Ogio stand bags - they are fantastic. A new Ogio Grom off eBay for about $125 you can't go wrong.

#10 777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:29 AM

The new Callaway bags are made by Ogio with their Woode top. Ogio still are one of the leaders in the manufacturing of golf bags. Although I have recently changed from the Ogio to Ping Hoofer. I know that this should be in the classifieds section, but I have 2 new over run custom Ping Hoofers. RRP $349, I am selling them for $230 each if anyone is interested.

#11 Proulx

Proulx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for all the feedback, I took my Callaway bag up to the local golf shop where I have been shopping and they are going to drop Callaway a line to see if I can get a replacement carry strap. If not, may need to speak to 777 about one of his/hers. Ping products are the most impressive I have come across, not cheap of course, but the best things never are! Cheers ATGTT

#12 777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:36 AM

Yeah I should probably change my avatar. Put it up there as a dare from my sister, but realise that its not that outrageous considering some of the others on this site. Back on the topic though, I have found Ping and Ogio to be the pick, with the Ping Hoofer design a little more convenient that some of the Ogio offerings. In Ogio I think: Ozone - Great light and enough storage. Good range of colours Grom - More room than Ozone, but far too heavy Edge - Good bag and better than Grom, but would still lean towards Ozone due to its light weight Flight - Now this bag is the pick of the lot. Just a tad heavier than Ozone, but with all the features of Grom and Edge.

#13 mouldy

mouldy

Potential Greg Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2023 posts
  • LocationLooking for my drive in Cow Corner

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:02 AM

I am also in the maket for a new bag and so I went to the Ogio.com site and the Flight model is not there. Do you know if it has been superceded ? Also, are the dividers full length in Ogio bags ? thanks

#14 retiredozzie

retiredozzie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:27 AM

I can't understand why people still carry bags. Get a cart bag and save some energy for your shots. On our course we have a few young bucks that think it is cool to carry their hoofer bags. They are also the ones that forget their sand buckets or drop their buckets somewhere on the course. Hence the club divots remain unrepaired. Get a buggy mate.

#15 777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:49 AM

We must be from the same club. I must be one of those young bucks that carry a hoofer, because there a number of us that do that at our club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users