The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2912 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

Hi G,

It is the same set-up ,,, the compromise would always be that to give you more shot control also allows

for more shot shaping and as such some extra side spin on poor hits,,,,,,Blue is straighter.

Cheers, 

Boz

Vision UV Staybright Ball Technology / www.VisionGolfBall.com by WJB / #byWJB

#13952 geosta

geosta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

Blue is straighter

Thanks Boz, Im hopefully going out again on Sunday, Ill play the Red and the Blue and see if I can tell the difference.
  • The_Boz likes this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WITB: Taylormade Jetspeed 10*

Adams Tight Lies 3 Wood

Adams Tight Lies 5 Wood

Adams Idea Tech v4 4H-6H

Adams Idea Tech v4 7I-GW

Cleveland Niblick 42*

PnP Rake Sand Wedge          

Ping Anser 2x

#13953 geosta

geosta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

So I took the Blue for a spin around Brookwater and fell in love with the thing. 90% of the feel I love with the Red but definitely straighter (which around Brookwater is important!).

I had a pretty strong day with the driver, hitting 11 of 14 fairways. Hit my longest drive I've recorded at 241m which included a decent run down the hill of the 13th. Fairway play was pretty strong as well, hitting 12 GIR. Ball felt nice off both, I really loved the feel off the irons. I was using a hire set of clubs and was hitting 4/5/6 irons, which are all hybrids in my bag, and when I hit the 4 iron purely it just felt magic! 

I putted pretty poorly but that was more to do with not being able to get a read on the speed of the greens all day. The ball felt really nice off the Scotty, but given that it was a hire club, I'll reserve my thoughts until I've been able to have a go with my own putter.

Overall, love the Blue Boz, I'll have some more of those in the next box please :)

Oh, and get around Brookwater if you can, lovely track.

• The_Boz and Madambo like this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adams Tight Lies 3 Wood

Adams Tight Lies 5 Wood

Adams Idea Tech v4 4H-6H

Adams Idea Tech v4 7I-GW

Cleveland Niblick 42*

PnP Rake Sand Wedge          

Ping Anser 2x

#13954 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

The ball felt really nice off the Scotty, but given that it was a hire club.

A Scotty Cameron putter in a hire set? That would have to be a first. I've never seen a Scotty in a hire set!
  • The_Boz likes this

#13955 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11884 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

So I took the Blue for a spin around Brookwater and fell in love with the thing. 90% of the feel I love with the Red but definitely straighter (which around Brookwater is important!).

I had a pretty strong day with the driver, hitting 11 of 14 fairways. Hit my longest drive I've recorded at 241m which included a decent run down the hill of the 13th. Fairway play was pretty strong as well, hitting 12 GIR. Ball felt nice off both, I really loved the feel off the irons. I was using a hire set of clubs and was hitting 4/5/6 irons, which are all hybrids in my bag, and when I hit the 4 iron purely it just felt magic! 

I putted pretty poorly but that was more to do with not being able to get a read on the speed of the greens all day. The ball felt really nice off the Scotty, but given that it was a hire club, I'll reserve my thoughts until I've been able to have a go with my own putter.

Overall, love the Blue Boz, I'll have some more of those in the next box please :)

Oh, and get around Brookwater if you can, lovely track.

How did the reno work look?

• The_Boz likes this

#13956 geosta

geosta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

A Scotty Cameron putter in a hire set? That would have to be a first. I've never seen a Scotty in a hire set!

It was a full set of Titleist clubs, but for $65 for the round, they would want to be nice :)

But it was still cheaper to hire them than to fly my set there. 

• chevychase and The_Boz like this

Adams Tight Lies 3 Wood

Adams Tight Lies 5 Wood

Adams Idea Tech v4 4H-6H

Adams Idea Tech v4 7I-GW

Cleveland Niblick 42*

PnP Rake Sand Wedge          

Ping Anser 2x

#13957 geosta

geosta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

How did the reno work look?

First time playing there so can't compare to the old layout and greens, but I really enjoyed it. I never got the speed right all day but they ran true and stayed on the line that you put it on. Well worth a trip out.

• The_Boz likes this

Adams Tight Lies 3 Wood

Adams Tight Lies 5 Wood

Adams Idea Tech v4 4H-6H

Adams Idea Tech v4 7I-GW

Cleveland Niblick 42*

PnP Rake Sand Wedge          

Ping Anser 2x

#13958 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8340 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

So to bring this puppy back to where it should be some random thoughts from yesterday's round if flog....

With my local track suffering from frostbite and a very disturbing lack of rain.... we had a bushfire yesterday not far from the course and we are still in winter.... I used the Super Yellow ball to see if that was easier to locate after an attempt to hit it....
Front 9 was ho hum
Back nine
Bogey
Knocked it stiff from 110 out to a front pin position for a tap in birdie
Two putt par on next
Up and down par on next
Hmm maybe you can play the game.... error
Tried to hit a draw for second shot on next hole and succeed in putting ball into dry creek.... bugger... knocked the next one onto green... hmm still a chance of a par 5..... 3 putts later.... grrr
Bogey next
Stoopid double next
Up and down par on next
Tap in bogey on last
Gazillion points and left the course thinking what could have been....

The ball easy to see in air and when in the light... in shade once eyes had adjusted no problems
Now to try and continue that sort of form next time with either yellow or the blue ball.... club champs aren't that far away
  • The_Boz, Commish and Madambo like this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#13959 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10402 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

Boz, i won a dozen Snell My Tour Balls on Facebook.

Played them yesterday and today.

Didnt mind them, very durable.

Do you have an opinion on them?
  • The_Boz likes this

#13960 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

The're fine.. Nassau Korea - Taylor-Made factory similar to TM Project(a) cost in Australia probably too high today.

To be over Aust $40 per dozen is not going to work as there are way to many premium urethane balls that

are fine today,,, they are all mainly trying to get between $40 and $65 ,,, and to be honest I can play my best

golf with any of them. 

What I see is that there is not anything new happening in the cast urethane covered ball space so its all

becoming about either being seen to support the brands with big ad budgets like the way people tend to still

buy Coca Cola over other cola's or on price ,,,, one thing I will say is that a Titleist feels and sounds like a

Titleist that is something they have all been struggling with.

Edited by The_Boz, 30 July 2017 - 07:29 PM.

• Commish and RobNewy like this

#13961 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13052 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

So to bring this puppy back to where it should be some random thoughts from yesterday's round if flog....

With my local track suffering from frostbite and a very disturbing lack of rain.... we had a bushfire yesterday not far from the course and we are still in winter.... I used the Super Yellow ball to see if that was easier to locate after an attempt to hit it....
Front 9 was ho hum
Back nine
Bogey
Knocked it stiff from 110 out to a front pin position for a tap in birdie
Two putt par on next
Up and down par on next
Hmm maybe you can play the game.... error
Tried to hit a draw for second shot on next hole and succeed in putting ball into dry creek.... bugger... knocked the next one onto green... hmm still a chance of a par 5..... 3 putts later.... grrr
Bogey next
Stoopid double next
Up and down par on next
Tap in bogey on last
Gazillion points and left the course thinking what could have been....

The ball easy to see in air and when in the light... in shade once eyes had adjusted no problems
Now to try and continue that sort of form next time with either yellow or the blue ball.... club champs aren't that far away

I thought you would've been Chief Steward at the Coona races...

Looks like it may have been a tad more fun as well... :lol:

Edited by Commish, 30 July 2017 - 08:00 PM.

• The_Boz likes this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER

2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National  N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#13962 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10402 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

The're fine.. Nassau Korea - Taylor-Made factory similar to TM Project(a) cost in Australia probably too high today.

To be over Aust $40 per dozen is not going to work as there are way to many premium urethane balls that
are fine today,,, they are all mainly trying to get between $40 and $65 ,,, and to be honest I can play my best
golf with any of them.

What I see is that there is not anything new happening in the cast urethane covered ball space so its all
becoming about either being seen to support the brands with big ad budgets like the way people tend to still
buy Coca Cola over other cola's or on price ,,,, one thing I will say is that a Titleist feels and sounds like a
Titleist that is something they have all been struggling with.

Thanks Boz.

I did find them a bit firm, nice to putt with. Wedges were fine today but it dodnt check like the PT Red. Yesterday it seemed better, but i struck the ball better today, so stuffef of i know.

But it is a very straight ball with my irons. Driver not to sure, definitely not as long as the PT Red.

50 bucks is definitelyto high for how i thought they performed for me.

Interesting comment on the sound/feel of a Titleist Boz
I generallywont play a Titleist, not sure why. Maybeit's the exorbitant cost. But theu do feel great. I think that's why i like the PT Red so much.
  • The_Boz likes this

#13963 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8340 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:43 PM

I thought you would've been Chief Steward at the Coona races...

Looks like it may have been a tad more fun as well... :lol:

Coona Races hold little interest mate...

Golf was fun though would have been a real day out if I'd remembered to bring my chipping game.... such is life
  • The_Boz likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#13964 Groove_Snob

Groove_Snob

NCCSSC X COC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3993 posts
  • LocationIn the garage grinding the grooves of my irons!!

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

One of these days I plan on playing again!!

Hope all the people I've put on to you over the last few months are coming back for more Boz.....
  • The_Boz likes this
Got an issue??

Here's a tissue!! 😭

#13965 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Some have Scotty,,,, more action overseas in regards to the new yellow models and the glowing UVEE balls,,,,

in this area no one is really more advanced than where I am so it has to be the focus of what I do next.

• Commish, Groove_Snob and RobNewy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users