The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

Hi G,

It is the same set-up ,,, the compromise would always be that to give you more shot control also allows

for more shot shaping and as such some extra side spin on poor hits,,,,,,Blue is straighter.

Cheers, 

Boz

Vision UV Staybright Ball Technology / www.VisionGolfBall.com by WJB / #byWJB

#13952 geosta

geosta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

Blue is straighter

Thanks Boz, Im hopefully going out again on Sunday, Ill play the Red and the Blue and see if I can tell the difference.
  • The_Boz likes this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WITB: Taylormade Jetspeed 10*

Adams Tight Lies 3 Wood

Adams Tight Lies 5 Wood

Adams Idea Tech v4 4H-6H

Adams Idea Tech v4 7I-GW

Cleveland Niblick 42*

PnP Rake Sand Wedge          

Ping Anser 2x

#13953 geosta

geosta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

So I took the Blue for a spin around Brookwater and fell in love with the thing. 90% of the feel I love with the Red but definitely straighter (which around Brookwater is important!).

I had a pretty strong day with the driver, hitting 11 of 14 fairways. Hit my longest drive I've recorded at 241m which included a decent run down the hill of the 13th. Fairway play was pretty strong as well, hitting 12 GIR. Ball felt nice off both, I really loved the feel off the irons. I was using a hire set of clubs and was hitting 4/5/6 irons, which are all hybrids in my bag, and when I hit the 4 iron purely it just felt magic! 

I putted pretty poorly but that was more to do with not being able to get a read on the speed of the greens all day. The ball felt really nice off the Scotty, but given that it was a hire club, I'll reserve my thoughts until I've been able to have a go with my own putter.

Overall, love the Blue Boz, I'll have some more of those in the next box please :)

Oh, and get around Brookwater if you can, lovely track.

• The_Boz and Madambo like this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adams Tight Lies 3 Wood

Adams Tight Lies 5 Wood

Adams Idea Tech v4 4H-6H

Adams Idea Tech v4 7I-GW

Cleveland Niblick 42*

PnP Rake Sand Wedge          

Ping Anser 2x

#13954 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

The ball felt really nice off the Scotty, but given that it was a hire club.

A Scotty Cameron putter in a hire set? That would have to be a first. I've never seen a Scotty in a hire set!
  • The_Boz likes this

#13955 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 11563 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

So I took the Blue for a spin around Brookwater and fell in love with the thing. 90% of the feel I love with the Red but definitely straighter (which around Brookwater is important!).

I had a pretty strong day with the driver, hitting 11 of 14 fairways. Hit my longest drive I've recorded at 241m which included a decent run down the hill of the 13th. Fairway play was pretty strong as well, hitting 12 GIR. Ball felt nice off both, I really loved the feel off the irons. I was using a hire set of clubs and was hitting 4/5/6 irons, which are all hybrids in my bag, and when I hit the 4 iron purely it just felt magic! 

I putted pretty poorly but that was more to do with not being able to get a read on the speed of the greens all day. The ball felt really nice off the Scotty, but given that it was a hire club, I'll reserve my thoughts until I've been able to have a go with my own putter.

Overall, love the Blue Boz, I'll have some more of those in the next box please :)

Oh, and get around Brookwater if you can, lovely track.

How did the reno work look?

• The_Boz likes this

#13956 geosta

geosta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

A Scotty Cameron putter in a hire set? That would have to be a first. I've never seen a Scotty in a hire set!

It was a full set of Titleist clubs, but for $65 for the round, they would want to be nice :)

But it was still cheaper to hire them than to fly my set there. 

• chevychase and The_Boz like this

Adams Tight Lies 3 Wood

Adams Tight Lies 5 Wood

Adams Idea Tech v4 4H-6H

Adams Idea Tech v4 7I-GW

Cleveland Niblick 42*

PnP Rake Sand Wedge          

Ping Anser 2x

#13957 geosta

geosta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:49 AM

How did the reno work look?

First time playing there so can't compare to the old layout and greens, but I really enjoyed it. I never got the speed right all day but they ran true and stayed on the line that you put it on. Well worth a trip out.

• The_Boz likes this

Adams Tight Lies 3 Wood

Adams Tight Lies 5 Wood

Adams Idea Tech v4 4H-6H

Adams Idea Tech v4 7I-GW

Cleveland Niblick 42*

PnP Rake Sand Wedge          

Ping Anser 2x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users