#13921 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3969 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

I'll have remember to blame the ball the next time I don't hit it straight or make putts. 

• koiom K Frenzy likes this

#13922 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

See, the trick is... to find your swing..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8952 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

Hey Boz just sent an order for The Protour Blues, cheers MiCK

• The_Boz likes this

What I'm talkin about is a game... A game that can't be won only played...

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

#13923 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2899 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

I'll have remember to blame the ball the next time I don't hit it straight or make putts. 

From my experience over the past 12 years in particular but probably going back to 1978

when I was getting serious on the mini circuit as a kid it is always the balls fault,,,, that is

the cheapest piece of equipment to change and I never doubted my own ability as I was

perfect in so many unrealistic ways,,,,,   :P

Edited by The_Boz, 04 May 2017 - 06:37 PM.

• Groove_Snob, Weetbix and Itchy4Scratch like this
Vision UV Staybright Ball Technology / www.VisionGolfBall.com by WJB

#13924 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

Project(a) is made by Nassau has a cast urethane cover and has about a 90 compression core and has the same
paint issues as all current Nassau products they oxidise within 6 to 9 holes and go darker and the durability is only ok,,,,,

I pointed this out to Kay Kim who I was dealing with in their R&D lab and they haven't worked out a fix,,, they wanted
me to help with their approach to colouring and the glow balls but ,,,,   I am more than happy with the PTX at 70 core
compression in 3 piece and there is a 4 piece to come when I want it,,,,, we are using a dual density core to mimic
a dual core structure ,,,, 

In the US they had to give away 400,000 + dozen balls to just get players to try the 2nd Project (a) as the first one
was very short but the trade off in the US is you can then sell 1 million + dozen ,,,,per year,,,,

Dean Snell sells a similar ball / similar specs / same factory in the US for US$27.00,,,,,

I have definitely noticed the changing in colour of the Project (a), something I never experienced with the ProVs or Lethal. I pretty much flip between the Lethal and the ProV1x; they're both exceptional pills and work for me. I'm going to give the TP5 a miss unless they're given to me - too pricey for my liking, although I expect they'll come down to match ProV1 pricing.
  • The_Boz likes this

#13925 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9998 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:05 PM

I have definitely noticed the changing in colour of the Project (a), something I never experienced with the ProVs or Lethal. I pretty much flip between the Lethal and the ProV1x; they're both exceptional pills and work for me. I'm going to give the TP5 a miss unless they're given to me - too pricey for my liking, although I expect they'll come down to match ProV1 pricing.

From my experience, the TP5 is heaps cheaper than the ProV
Eastern are selling them around 15 bucks chepaer
  • The_Boz likes this

#13926 PapaBravo

PapaBravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Victoria

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Review after todays session at Yarrambat, and some interesting side notes. All 4 of us played with Vision balls today for the first time.

I'll throw out there that I had absolutely no idea what any of these balls are designed to do because I did little to no research before playing them today, and specifically avoided understanding the balls before we went out and played, because I wanted to judge them entirely on what I saw, rather than what they were "supposed" to do.

I'll also add in there that my mates are only once a month golfers who don't practice, and are out there to enjoy the occasional good shot each round.

I donated a flouro yellow one to the guy that prefers to play yellow stuff. Usually around the 110 mark every round. He noted that he was overly impressed with how far away he could see his ball. He lost 1 ball to the water on the 16th hole, but other than that was able to find everything he hit into the rough from miles away. He normally loses 3-4 balls a round to the rough. He drove the best I've ever seen him drive the ball, and his usual blow out slices were reduced significantly. A little hard to judge how the ball performed around the green because his contact is not really the best, but even for what seemed to be low side spin off the tee, he didn't have anything that released any more than usual in his approach shots. Today he shot 98, which is his equal to his lowest round ever.

I donated a blue one to a guy that plays whatever the high performance Bridgestone (b3something?) balls are every round, even though he struggles to normally break 100. He struggles with too much side spin and backspin off the tees normally, and his usual flight is very high weak fade/slices. Usually he falls easily into the trap of 1 bad shot affects the next 3 or 4 holes. The blue ball offered him much better distance than he usually hits, because it seemed to control the height well, and on the back 9 today he played better than I've ever seen him play. 2 over on 8 out of the last 9 holes. He made the mistake of checking his score before the last hole and got the shakes and double bogeyed the last hole. He shot 91 today, and is the lowest round he has ever shot. He had more confidence off the tee than I've ever seen him have, which I conservatively contribute to the low side spin offered by the blue ball. After the round, he explained to me that was his first ever round where he finished with the ball he started with. He was impressed with the fact that even after 18 holes, the ball almost looked brand new with the cover holding up much better than his Bridgestones normally do. Nothing blew out way right with the driver like it normally does. Interestingly enough he used one of those tees with the pitch tool built into it that Boz sent me. He LOVED that tee and the height it sat at off the teebox.

I donated a red one to a guy that usually scores 95-105ish, who usually plays with ProV1. Before I started playing with this group, he was the better out of the bunch. He made the comments that the red felt very solid off the club face, but still felt soft compared to his prov's. He actually much preferred the feeling of the red over the ProV1's on this cold Autumn day in Melbourne. He also lost his ball on the 16th to the backside of the water, but spent more time looking for it than I've ever seen. even after the hole he went back to look for it again. It was almost heartbreaking for him to lose the ball because he loved it so much. The ball gave him similar distance off the tee as his ProV1's, probably a little less driver spin, but hard to tell because it was a little windy today. His ball had notable performance around the greens. Stopping very quickly with very little release on his approaches. His putts were falling a little short today compared to usual, with notably less speed off the putter face than a prov1. He shot his best round ever, finishing with 90 today and has asked me to order him a dozen reds after the round.

I played a Blue today, and I normally play ProV1's too. I was a little scared playing the blue, as the cover felt hard and I feared that I wasn't going to have the control around the greens that I normally have. It reminds me of the Nike Mojo cover, but a softer (i assume) core. Spin was lower with the pitches and chips, releasing more than a ProV1 for me. I made a small adjustment to the chipping and pitching targets allowing the ball to release to the hole, rather than just biting. The blue loved being pitched high though, and full wedge shots were stopping quickly enough, it will be interesting to test this kind of ball on a hot summers day with some fast greens and if it will still have enough stopping power but for conditions like today, this kind of performance was fine.

Off the putter, the ball definitely has a clicky feeling, but didn't feel hard at all. The markings on the ball all showed up better than a ProV1 typically would on a day like today, because the mud cleaned off without any noticable discolouration over the round. The ball stayed much brighter throughout the day than I've ever seen any other ball do

Off the tee, I was able to work little fades and baby draws off the tee with control, and was able to hit it high and low with and against the wind as required for the hole. The ball had an excellent feel being hit, penetrating ball flight and the wind felt less significant than a ProV1. It just felt straight, long, penetrating and in control the entire day.

Overall, the balls performed well for everyone and held up remarkably well all day. They stayed bright and clean throughout the round, and seem excellent value for money.

• The_Boz, pegasus2357, Commish and 8 others like this

#13927 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8297 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

PapaBravo
That is a great read .... well done

Me I used a blue ball on Saturday.... it is a good ball, if the numpty in charge hadn't put on a couple of WTF swings the ball would have won a monthly medal... such is life
  • The_Boz likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#13928 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

FLABBERGASTED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28564 posts
  • LocationIn Disbelief

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

PapaBravo
That is a great read .... well done

Me I used a blue ball on Saturday.... it is a good ball, if the numpty in charge hadn't put on a couple of WTF swings the ball would have won a monthly medal... such is life

Ahhhh, the old "if my Aunty had visions, she'd be my Uncle" story...never gets old. :P

• The_Boz, Commish, ink and 1 other like this

A

DON'T LET THE BLACK DOG WIN...

HELP IS OUT THERE

5 Time ISG NSW WBT Winner

2013 ISG NSW WBT COC Runner Up

2015 ISG NSW WBT COC

2nd ISG NSW Life Member Inductee

2012 Inaugural ISG National Supreme Putting Champion .

2013 ISG National Championships...13th place...now that's desperately unlucky

2013 ISG National Championships...3rd Place 2nd Round - Moonah Links
2014 ISG National Championships...13th place...no other golfer could be that desperately unlucky 2 years in a row!

2015 ISG National Championships...21st place...that's farked

2016 ISG National Championships...waaaaay down the list.

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Yarra Yarra Satellite Game 

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Huntingdale Satellite Game

2016 ISG National Championships...Captain of winning NSW Team, SOO.

2013 Inaugural Brass Yacht Winner

2014 Brass Yacht Winner

2015 Brass Yacht Runner-up

2016 Brass Yacht Winner

Life Motto: "If it's free, it's for me!"

Team Live4BarnEsy...forever undefeated angel-2-smiley-emoticon.gif

Desperately Unlucky ©

#13929 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8297 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

Ahhhh, the old "if my Aunty had visions, she'd be my Uncle" story...never gets old. :P

Pfft
4 pars
2 bogeys
And a coupla of @$#/ you's
  • The_Boz likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#13930 The Pres

The Pres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17587 posts
  • Location.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:36 PM

Pfft
4 pars
2 bogeys
And a coupla of @$#/ you's

Country Course Chopper.

#13931 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12484 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

I've actually got an Uncle that is now my Auntie. Still can't bring myself to give her (?) a kiss goodbye though.
  • BarnEsy05 and Goldy like this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER

2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National  N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#13932 The Pres

The Pres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17587 posts
  • Location.

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

I've actually got an Uncle that is now my Auntie. Still can't bring myself to give her (?) a kiss goodbye though.

What tees does it play off?
  • VLAD likes this

#13933 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8297 posts
  • LocationTol free Zone

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

Country Course Chopper.

Thanks Slim.... there was some absolute shite going on on 3 holes of chopfest
  • The Pres likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#13934 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12484 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

What tees does it play off?

That is very disrespectful, she has feelings you know. Yellows.
  • The Pres and VLAD like this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER

2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National  N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#13935 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

See, the trick is... to find your swing..

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8952 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the extra effort their Boz :D

• The_Boz likes this

What I'm talkin about is a game... A game that can't be won only played...

http://dorsetgolfclub.com.au/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users