angler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:00 PM

I can’t get them anywhere in Adelaide.
Thanks

They have them in Rebel Sport in the Rundle Mall - I had a look yesterday but they don't have them singularly - minimum purchase was 6 I think..

#32 NigelO

NigelO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:33 PM

Thanks

They have them in Rebel Sport in the Rundle Mall – I had a look yesterday but they don’t have them singularly – minimum purchase was 6 I think..

You can do what I did, click the link for vision balls on this site, then click the contact link on the vision web site, there is a list of numbers and e-mail addresses.

#33 Timinsa

Timinsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3293 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

I finally tried the Vision ball out yesterday (Thanks Nige) & it's not bad. As others have said...THIS BALL IS BRIGHT!! I have a permanent yellow dot burned on my retina after 18 holes...LOL. If you like the Graman Limey shafts then this may well be your golf ball nirvana. To review. It flies well with good distance & holds it's line nicely but it doesn't have the same check'n'stop capabilies around the green that I'm used to. I couldn't get the feel for it on longer putts either which led to several 3 putts...not sure there...maybe a bit firm....but I had 35 puts in a 7 over round & that's about 5 putts too many for my average. All in all a good ball for intermediate players. I'll have to try the X-pert next. On another note, one of my friends shot 64 (7 under off the stick) last week using one of these balls (the X-pert) so they can't be that bad... I'd consider stocking these as they are an Aussie concept. Keep up the good work Boz.
  • LDKliewer likes this

#34 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:51 PM

Hi Tim, Sounds like you would probably like the new X2 version I am working on. .Thanks for the review as it all helps.
  • LDKliewer likes this

#35 Golf-Guru

Golf-Guru

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

In the "shop" they need a bit of a 'hey try these' to get a player to consider that they are not a rock. Once a player has them blowing a few others in his group away AND not losing shots from a lost ball, the rest of the group soon wants a few.
  • LDKliewer likes this

#36 Timinsa

Timinsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3293 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

Hi Tim,

Sounds like you would probably like the new X2 version I am
working on. .Thanks for the review as it all helps.

How bright are your balls?

You're welcome. I'll be in touch. Can you let your webmaster know that your contact page on your site doesn't have direct email links which is a PITA.

#37 CHRIS_B

CHRIS_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

Thanks

They have them in Rebel Sport in the Rundle Mall – I had a look yesterday but they don’t have them singularly – minimum purchase was 6 I think..

I went to marion, they had six ball packs of the arctic white and the Xpert only, i live outside of Adelaide and had no idea there was a rebel sport in Adelaide, should have guessed i suppose. I use the Xperts and have the details for ordering by mail, i was just after a couple UV's for my father in law to try, but nigel's offered to help me out.. Thanks for the heads up on Rundle mall, now i'll know where to get the next dozen from. Thankyou

#38 Timinsa

Timinsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3293 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

Thanks

I went to marion, they had six ball packs of the arctic white and the Xpert only, i live outside of Adelaide and had no idea there was a rebel sport in Adelaide, should have guessed i suppose.
I use the Xperts and have the details for ordering by mail, i was just after a couple UV’s for my father in law to try, but nigel’s offered to help me out.. Thanks for the heads up on Rundle mall, now i’ll know where to get the next dozen from.
Thankyou

Come up to The Range. I have a couple of the Vision balls Nigel sent me you can have.

#39 CHRIS_B

CHRIS_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:40 AM

i will when i'm next in adelaide, live in Strathalbyn. Have to make my way down that way in the next couple of weeks so i will stop for a hit or two. Cheers

#40 Northy69

Northy69

Suspect

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:37 AM

Hi Boz, You may remember me from about 3 weeks ago, I had commented on the UV balls and how good I found them to use and how I decided to have a go at just using the white Xpert 2 ball and no other for the next couple of weeks. Well I lied, I actually played a round or should I say part there of with another type of ball, ProV for 6 holes then the Xpert2 for the rest of the round then for the next 2 weeks of golf. My conclusion........ It is highly unlikely that I will purchase or use another other than the Xpert2 ball for the rest of my golfing days. (new and improved excepted) This ball is the best ball for me, I've been hitting it Longer,Straighter, getting it to stop on the greens, putting and feel has improved not to mention that my confidence around the greens has skyrocketed. Please don't think that my handicap has suddenly been cut in half because it hasn't, BUT, I do feel that my game is coming together now and lower scores are just around the dog leg? and a great deal of this new found enjoyment has come from my confidence in the ball I have decided to use. Keep the improvements coming Boz Northy69
  • LDKliewer likes this

#41 MrConsistency

MrConsistency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3495 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:42 AM

Its true isnt it, when chipping around the green for me I could do nothing but leave them close or lip them out.. My mate who I often play closest to the pin gameswith rejoiced when I lost mine because he couldn't win when I used the Vision..

#42 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:22 AM

Hey Northy, Glad to hear you have been playing a bit and a nice review.:-) Catch you soon. Hi Mr C, Its true,once you change your idea on what you want to achieve with your chip shots you can start to treat them all as an extention of your putting game. When you start to consistently allow for that small amount of release you get with our balls, you start to realise your thinking a lot more about chipping in.

#43 CHRIS_B

CHRIS_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:15 AM

i have chipped in a couple times since making the switch, i now ask my playing partners to take the flag out when i'm of the green.. i love the groans as it lips out or rolls ever so close

#44 MrConsistency

MrConsistency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3495 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:37 PM

Haha its automatic that my playing partners hold the pin for me when I'm chipping from around the green :) At first I get that "Who does this guy think he is?" look then when they see a couple hit the flagstick and miss that way, they normally oblige :) And its true Boz, chipping is really just an extension of putting.
  • LDKliewer likes this

#45 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:59 PM

I feel the buzz!!!! :-)
  • LDKliewer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users