14049 replies to this topic

#16 harty1au

harty1au

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:01 PM

I have recently used one of the yella fellas. I actually bought a few which is amazing as I would have over 300 balls at home. I usually play with titlelist, Bridgestone ... in fact any good ball I find. With any ball or in fact any golf equipment, when you are off 18 its the players perception that makes the biggest difference. From my experience with the ball it seemed to be as good (and as bad, if only the ball could rectify poor contact) as any other good ball I have used. Whether I keep using it depends on if I can have it in my head that this ball is as good as any other I would use. In reality it probably is but the mind and golf equipment is a funny, often irrational thing.

#17 Danz

Danz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4661 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:46 PM

I'm still waiting for my ball to turn up.... :( Nige..... wazzup?
  • Sparkster likes this

#18 Golf-Guru

Golf-Guru

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:00 AM

Boz, EMD's = Eat My Dust :)

#19 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:29 AM

We like :-)) lol

#20 NigelO

NigelO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

I’m still waiting for my ball to turn up…. :(

Nige….. wazzup?

Former Top 10 on the PGA Tour ISG Money List.

If it has not turn up by friday, send me a e-mail and I'll send you another. Cheers Nigel.

#21 CHRIS_B

CHRIS_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:24 AM

Tracked down some Xpert's today, a little dissapointed in what was available in the largest Rebel sport store in the city but took half a dozen and they were no longer out of the shop than out of the box.. Took them out for 18 holes at lunch. They are soft and responsive, could get them to stop on a dime and were longer than the HX Tour's i've been hitting. Whether this is because they are better suited to my swing speed I'm not sure, and frankly i don't care, I'm sold an making the switch. The most noticable feature was the colouring, what i can only describe as a glittery white coating actually made the ball stand out on the grass and made it seem larger, this gave me the confidence to hit it harder with the driver and pick it cleaner with the irons. Looking forward to getting the word out, I can see the UV's appealing to a wide variety of golfers. I play at a course that spends a good majority of the year covered in brown grass and visibility is a huge selling point. Alot of the golfers at mine and similar clubs could instantly shave two or more strokes of their scores by simply not losing a ball. Thanks guys for talking it up, if you hadn't i never would have tried them, anyone thinking about giving them a go.. you won't be dissapointed.
  • LDKliewer likes this

#22 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:48 PM

Thanks Chris, I have spent three years slowly finding players that want to believe that there is another way forward in ball design. :-) We have a so many great players in this part of the world, so it should not be that far fetched that we could produce some great golfing equipment and ideas. The forums have been a great source of energy for me and my extended family here at Bozgolf. It's nice to be able to talk to players no matter what is being said.
  • LDKliewer likes this

#23 CHRIS_B

CHRIS_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

Boz, Just an observation i've made, you may be aware but thought i'd put it up for discussion.. I've noticed that there is an awful lot of golfers in the 7-12 hcp range that simply buy a ball because of what Tiger might use or what there mates use, they don't use a ball that will help them, because the brand is more important. Same reason you see alot in this hcp range trying to use muscle back blades. The contradiction is, alot of these guys near remortgage their homes to buy the latest and greatest golf equipment, just to get down to the lower single digits. Playing a ball that spins to much, using a club with a sweet spot as big as a five cent peice.. I really can't understand it.. companies like Titleist, Callaway etc must be rubbing their hands together with the income this group generates on elite tour-spec products. When i was younger i was much the same, i maxed out credit cards etc just to be able to take the latest brand name club out on the course. i used proV1's on a 19 handicap (generally 2-3 brand new balls around) did they improve my golf, probably not, I'm sure there were balls better suited to meet at that stage.. and i could have had more benefit spending my money on lessons. I have since woken up and even though i still purchase from these brands I'm still open to new brands which can offer my game the improvements i'm looking for. I pick the technology that is going to improve my game not that which is going to make me feel like a Tour Pro. Boz, you have a great product.. the packaging, logo's, technology etc scream top shelf ball.. if you could crack this Hcp bracket i think you are half way there, i also beleive that the guys in this position have the most to gain from your product.. Chris

#24 Chuck_A_Mosh

Chuck_A_Mosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:23 AM

How do they compare to the Pro V1 in terms of greenside performance aka spin?
  • LDKliewer likes this

#25 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2921 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:35 AM

Hi Chris, Thanks for your thoughts and thats the current plan as I believe we can help this group for sure. Hi Tom, We have built the X2 - X-pert with a different type of cover material, so it will not play with excessive spin on light pitch shots as I wanted the ball to stop in a consistent manner without the high spin associated with some of the tour balls. This ball is actually a drop and stop design on full shots without trying to backup / suck back. I believe it will give most players more control.
  • LDKliewer likes this

#26 CHRIS_B

CHRIS_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:56 AM

How do they compare to the Pro V1 in terms of greenside performance aka spin?

Hi Tom, they certainly dont spin and stop on the second bounce, and you wont spin these off of the green.. At my level i have not yet learnt how to vary spin on short and long shots consistently. I frequently leave myself long putts because i achieve unexpected spin and beleive i stand to gain alot more from a consistent amount of run on pitch shots.. I can adjust to this run but i can't adjust to infrequent unexpected spin. The X-perts will however give a predictable amount of run and do perform off the clubface like the proV's, you can definately throw them up at a target. i found the feel to be a little softer than a HX Tour.

#27 NigelO

NigelO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:48 AM

I've been using the uv ball now for a couple of weeks, at the pitch n putt again tonight working on my short game, chipped in for 2 on the 10th , I was wrapped, then on the 17th I chipped in again for 2, the constant roll i'm getting on my chips now, makes me feel like i'm putting, I can roll the ball into the hole I always used a high spin ball, guess that was the wrong choice. I never chip in it's only happen a couple of times before. Cheers Nigel.
  • LDKliewer likes this

#28 CHRIS_B

CHRIS_B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:02 AM

Nigel, do you have a couple spare UV's around i'm willing to pay for them .. I want my father in law to try them but can't afford to buy a dozen just so he can try one or two and I can't get them anywhere in Adelaide. Thanks

#29 NigelO

NigelO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

Boz was very kind to me, so I'll pass the favour on. Drop us a e-mail on nsold@bigpond.net.au
  • LDKliewer likes this

#30 angler

angler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

I can’t get them anywhere in Adelaide.
Thanks

They have them in Rebel Sport in the Rundle Mall - I had a look yesterday but they don't have them singularly - only by the box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users