11380 replies to this topic

#1 Sidman

Sidman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:37 AM

Just thought I would post a few thoughts I have after trying out the Vision UV Yellow and XPert2 balls. UV Yellow: Off the club face they felt soft... almost marshmallow soft. softer than any ball I had tried before. Off the 3 wood they felt mushy, off irons they felt mushy and felt soft off the putter face. Distance wise these were top notch, the balls flew and compared to my regular AD333 or Titleist V1X probably a bit further to be honest! Greenside, the balls were OK nothing spectacular, not drop and stop, same as AD333, plenty of roll on. The best thing about these balls are they are so easy to see, you cannot miss them my ball was confined to teh fairway but you could see it from a mile away and I through it into the trees after a hole and it was very very easy to see in teh rough and the trees XPERT2: This is soft, really soft again, nice feel though not quite as mushy as teh UV Yellow. I preferred this ball as around the greens it was more responsive and it stopped nicely. Great distance with this ball as well Verdict: Is it enough to switch??? well yes if I was regularly using the AD333, I could get used to the mushy feel of the UV Yellow. Especially as they are easier to find and flyer longer and straighter. Titliest V1X vs XPERT2... thats a tough call. Jury is stil out on this one... I will tell you after tomorrows round of golf....
  • jpmzlbu, handeltav, nflyncwo8 and 1 other like this

#2 Golf-Guru

Golf-Guru

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:12 AM

That mush is the feeling of compression working well. The greens I find the same as you around the greens and I would add predictable in there from my own use. Xpert 2 I would put up against the ProV1s as opposed to the ProV1X's. Xs you have to he a real hard hitter to get the best out of vs a standard V. Xpert will spin more for less swing speed merchants. Great feedback for The Boz.

#3 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2210 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. The interesting thing is we are only going to get better, as the feedback I have been getting is already being put into the R&D effort for our 2008 models. It's nice to be bright! :-)

#4 NigelO

NigelO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:49 PM

Guru, I'd say you ron the money there " predictable", I had a round of p 'n' p, with chipping around the green, I new what it was going to do, chip land and roll on. Made chipping a lot easier, you new what the ball was going to do. From 60 meters out the ball would drop and stop, pitching 30-50 bounce 2 - 3 times then stop.

#5 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2210 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:54 AM

Hi Nige, I can't understand why players want to try and back up shots, there is no consistancy or control on over spinning tour balls that start going backwards after landing.. My theory is that a ball that has a marginal but consistent amount of release will go in the hole more times than a ball is thrown up to the pin with the intention of stopping on a spot.

#6 dpac18

dpac18

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:10 AM

lol.... u don't play on hard or fast greens do u?

#7 Tai

Tai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:51 AM

Boz......."backing up a ball on a green" (Tour Balls) is..... 1. Heaps of fun and as dpac has said, they help on hard/fast greens. 2. Any ball will run properly on a green (say for example chipping) if one uses the correct club option and shot selection. I can make a PRO-V1x dance with my sand iron but I can also make it release and roll. 3. What is wrong with throwing tha ball up at the pin with the intention of making it stop on the spot? Sometimes, this shot is required. Sometimes, I will do this shot when the percentage would be to roll the ball. Confidence and the type of greens one is playing plays a factor in this. 4. I am not having a go at your Vision Balls mate as I have never used them. I played golf with some Aussie Tourists the other day (part of my current job) and one guy was using them though. I gave him some Nike Plat+ and Pro-V's to try as well and which ball performed better for him? He hit the Nike/Titliest further and was stopping his balls on the greens much better. His handicap was 9 and the course we played has "hard greens" (Caye Chapel in Belize) Cheers Cheers

#8 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2210 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:25 AM

A lot of it has to do with what you have available as consistent shot choices. The average/majority of golfers have a handicap of 20 and these players are looking for help in becoming more consistent and by doing so drop a few shots and play better. As you become a better player then the tools you need change as does the ball you need, this allows you to play the shots that you want to or can do plus allow for excessivly hard and fast greens.. Backing it up can be fun, I mean the last hole in one I had was sucking a 7 iron 15 feet back in the hole on a bit of a down slope. But that was a while ago and I now need a bit of help in being a more consistent player due to a lack of play, and my attitude to what can help the majority of players is where my heads at. Nice to know Vision balls are getting around.

#9 Tai

Tai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:36 AM

Yes, those balls have come from Australia via Qantas to a cruise ship and then to South America/Carribbean.

#10 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2210 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:43 AM

I wish it was me instead on the trip!!! lol :-)) If your interested in joining my international Test Pilot program just drop me a line as we are now working on our next generation of designs. wayne@visiongolfball.com Catch you Tai.

#11 Tai

Tai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:48 AM

Thanks Boz but I get my balls/equipment provided to me courtesy of a certain golf company or 2. Good luck on trying to crack the market in the USA or Europe with a test pilot program.. That will be very tough mate as there are so many balls out there for the average player. Cheers, Tai

#12 MrConsistency

MrConsistency

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3495 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:15 AM

Well I got out and gave the ball a good run today. I put it up against the Ad333 and Titelist NxT Tour but only hit shots with the vision from under 100m (for fear of the crows getting my vision!). I thought the vision outperformed the other two, especially how it felt on and around the green. I've never been one to get much stop on my chips and so was happy that I was getting consistant amounts of roll with the vision. While I wasn't getting the ball to back up on full shots (not that I normally do), the ball was still checking up significantly. I feel distancewise, it traveled a bit further than the Ad333 and Nxt-Tour but not much. And today was definately a good day to be out testing because I was on my game! Hit 76 (Par 68) so I was definately hitting the ball sweetly :)) All in all, I believe the Vision is a great ball. Out of my price range for now :( but nonetheless a great ball! Cheers, Mr. C

#13 cutter1

cutter1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

The more I play with these balls the more I like them. Like the expert for its better spin, but like the yellow for its distance, visibility and durability. Have played 6 rounds with the same yellow ball and it is still in good condition and still plays well, I cant see any reason why i won't get another 6 rounds with it! These are certainly comparable to any mid range balls from the big names!

#14 Sidman

Sidman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

OK I tried out the Vision Xpert against a Pro V1. Distance wise they were very comparable. In terms of feel the Xpert2 is very soft compared to Pro V1 but you know when you have hit the Pro V1 the Xpert2 is like well you smashed a tomato or marshmallow you do not quite know when impact is/was! In terms of spin not much in it. My thoughts was that on chips and pitches the Pro V1 has that bouncier check up than the XPert2. The Xpert2 pulled up just as good but it was a lower more settled check up. The Xpert2 did not get cut up by my GW. It never took the normal 3 cut marks I put on any ball. One really funny thing was that my permanent texta's ink would not stick well to the surface of the Xpert2. It comes off any way during play but on the Xpert2 it just did not stick right!!! Verdict: Performance wise they are similar and it would be up there with similar balls. What would set it apart? Price? look? feel? I think it has to be cheaper for people to switch!

#15 The_Boz

The_Boz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2210 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

Hey Sid, The paint job and cover material is super slick, and because the current enviromentally friendly texta's don't have the nasties to help them bite anymore it can be an issue. Best to mark them with a freezer bag pen the night before you play as this helps them to take the image. Mr C, I am working on some two piece models for next year that might fall into your price point. Trying to find a name for them at present - they will be released under the Fantom brand. The current thought is maybe SO as in SO Long / SO Bright or my current favourite from my youngest son SoWhat! hahahah :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users