2488 replies to this topic

#31 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:25 AM

Atm my setup is : Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5* with an Aldila Nv Reg at 44.5 inches. Next driver probably Nike Sasquatch. 3 wood: Titleist 906f2 15* with a GD Ys-6 Reg. Very nice!! Newest addition. Hybrid: Cobra Baffler DWS 20* with an Aldila NV Reg Irons: Maxfli A10 Tour Limited 4-pw Combo irons with S300. Great clubs. Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 60* and 54*. The 60* is an oil can and the 54* is just chrome. Putter: Ping Anser Phoenix 85068 beached with a bit of lead tape on back. Looking for a Newport Beach 1.5, the original newport without the insert. Bag: Callaway Terra Firma XI, Orange :P Ball: Pro V1x or B-330S

#32 maidenhead

maidenhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:27 AM

Currently…....

Driver: Nike SQ 8.5 Tour Irons: Nike Forged Blades: 1 to PW Sand: Titliest Vokey 56 deg Lob: 66 deg (bent) Wilson Harmonized (very old but a weapon) Putter: Ping Redwood

On holidays finally

How is the butter knife (1 iron) going? What are your reasons for not carrying a 3 wood?

#33 AlexMc

AlexMc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1903 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:45 AM

* Driver - Titleist 907D2 (9.5º, Aldila VS Proto in Stiff) * 3 Metal - Titleist 906F2 (15º, Aldila NV in Stiff) * Hybrid - Hogan CFT (19º, Stock Hogan in Stiff) * Irons - Titleist 705 Irons (3-9, S300 shafts) * Wedges - Vokey 48º, 54º (SM) and 60º (SM) * Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2 Only thing likely to change is I'll look at getting a 5 wood - probably a 906F4. I'm a bit of a putter ho as well - I have a couple of Scotty's but may look as a Yes! or something else in the future...

#34 Tai

Tai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:51 AM

Hooked....I love my butter knife. Why do I not carry a 3 wood? I do carry a 3 wood at times depending on what course I am playing. My 1 iron has a lower ball flight and I use it on courses that are "windy". I will take it out (3 wood) if the course has "not much wind". Is there much difference in distance? Not really...just flight. I can work the ball more with the 1 iron than I can with a wood. I will take out my 1/2 irons and replace them with a 3/5 wood depending on conditions. It is like, you putt on fast greens, a lighter putter helps, you play on slow greens, a heavier putter helps. You have the same putters with different weights in them. Cheers

#35 grumpy_dog

grumpy_dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:36 AM

New set arriving this coming Friday…

Driver: Callaway FT-5 Tour. 9.5* Stiff Fujikura shaft

Fairway: Callaway X Tour 13* & 19* Stiff Fujikura Shaft

Hybrid: Callaway X-Hybrid 18* & 21* Stiff Fujikura Shaft

Irons: Callaway X-Forged 4-PW with Turue Temper X100 Shafts

Wedges: Callaway X-Tour Wedges 52, 56 & 60* w/ X-Tour Wedge Stiff Shafts

Putter: Unsure… Will be getting a new one Tuesday. Most likely Odyssey white Hot XG#5 Centre Shaft or Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo Centre Shaft. Have been using a Shark Hex Mercury putter for a couple of years that is only just in line to be replaced. It has done the job well.

Bag: Callaway Staff 10.5” (Smaller bag for range sessions)

Ball: Callaway HX Tour 56

Obviously there’s some chopping and changing that goes on with this set up, being that including a putter, that makes 16 clubs. So for each round there are at least 2 left in the car.

FORE!!

its not Russell is it?

#36 NigelO

NigelO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:06 AM

Currently…....

Driver: Nike SQ 8.5 Tour Irons: Nike Forged Blades: 1 to PW Sand: Titliest Vokey 56 deg Lob: 66 deg (bent) Wilson Harmonized (very old but a weapon) Putter: Ping Redwood

On holidays finally

What are you doing using blades in your long irons? When are you back in OZ?

#37 Timinsa

Timinsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3293 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:36 AM

Currently…….

On holidays finally

Watch out typos + poor grammar.

He can play.

#38 watto17

watto17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

Driver: Nike Sasquatch 9.5 stiff 3 Wood: Tour stage Z series stiff Irons: Nike forged pro combo tour stiff Wedges: Nike 53,56 Putter: Scotty cameron studio style Bag: Nike tour accuracy tour bag Balls: Nike one platnium and prov 1

#39 Tai

Tai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:31 PM

Nigel...what am I doing using blades in my long irons? When am I back in Aussie? 1. I love my 1 iron plain and simple. I do have a few hybrid 1 irons/2 irons but don't really like them. 2. I have been away from Australia for about 10 months now. The closest I have been to Australia is being in Bali at the moment on holidays. I have no plans to return to Australia. It is my suitcase, my sticks, my surfboard, my laptop and in a couple of weeks I am to go seabound again with Carnival Cruise Line. It will be 6 months of Hawaii/Mexico/South America.(West Coast)...Looking forward to it more so for the surfing and hitting my 1 iron in Hawaii as the wind gets up there at times on the Plantation course. And Watto17..... we have the same bag being a Nike Tour Accuracy. We use the same seeds as well. My bag has the Aussie Flag and a punching kangaroo on it. When it was done, the bloody yanks at Nike had to ask me for a picture of the Aussie flag and a kangaroo so they could do it. Cheers......I am off to get carved up on some coral in a couple of hours..

#40 NigelO

NigelO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:51 PM

Nigel…what am I doing using blades in my long irons? When am I back in Aussie? 1. I love my 1 iron plain and simple. I do have a few hybrid 1 irons/2 irons but don’t really like them. 2. I have been away from Australia for about 10 months now. The closest I have been to Australia is being in Bali at the moment on holidays. I have no plans to return to Australia. It is my suitcase, my sticks, my surfboard, my laptop and in a couple of weeks I am to go seabound again with Carnival Cruise Line. It will be 6 months of Hawaii/Mexico/South America.(West Coast)...Looking forward to it more so for the surfing and hitting my 1 iron in Hawaii as the wind gets up there at times on the Plantation course. And Watto17….. we have the same bag being a Nike Tour Accuracy. We use the same seeds as well. My bag has the Aussie Flag and a punching kangaroo on it. When it was done, the bloody yanks at Nike had to ask me for a picture of the Aussie flag and a kangaroo so they could do it. Cheers…...I am off to get carved up on some coral in a couple of hours..

Gone surfing

I hope you have got some one to pick the coral out of your skin, doesn't hurt at the time. Wait to you get back in, they pick it out then they pour proxide into the cut. Cheers Mate have fun.

#41 NigelO

NigelO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

Currently…….

On holidays finally

Watch out typos + poor grammar.

He can play.

NS tim but how many guys in the top ten are, using a 15-16 deg blade. (tai don't take that the wrong way, I know you must be able to hit it, other wise you wouldn't use it.) I would just like to see him hit it.

#42 ParMaster

ParMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:33 PM

Driver: Titleist 983e 4375 regular shaft. Fairway: 980f 13degree reg and 19degree stiff. Hybrid: Srixon AD hybrid. 2 iron. 16degrees stiff shaft. Irons: Ben Hogan Apex 1974. Reg shaft Wedge: Cleveland CG10 52 56 60 degrees. 2 dots. Putter: Scotty Cameron Bullseye. About 2002.

#43 dougie

dougie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:42 PM

Driver: Taylor Made R580XD Fairway: TaylorMade V steel 3 and 5 woods Irons: TaylorMade RAC OS2 3-PW Wedge: Titliest Vokey 54 deg and 60 deg Putter: Maxfli Hot touch (6 yrs old and love it)

#44 wanderson

wanderson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:49 PM

Driver: Titty 905R - Fuji Fit on x Stiff shaft 3 Wood: Cleveland - x Stiff 15 Degree 5 wood : Cleveland - X Stiff 19 Degree Irons: titty Forged 704s DGS stiff Wedges: Callaway Forged 52 and 56 Putter: odyssey #5 steel Insert.

#45 newers

newers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 10:59 PM

DRIVER: TM 580XD - Regular MAS2 Shaft 3 WOOD: TM V-Steel 15 degree - Stiff V-Steel Shaft HYBRID: Adams iDEA 3 19 degree - Stiff Adams Shaft Adams iDEA 4 21 degree - Regular Adams Shaft IRONS:Wilson Staff AD 4i-9i - Regular Wilson Graphite Shaft WEDGES: Titliest Vokey 48, 53, 58 degree Oil Can PUTTER: Wilson Fluid Feel Blade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users