• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#1 PP66

PP66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:00 AM

Anybody had any experience withe the Peter Croker method. Good or bad?
  • pletcherxjp likes this

#2 birdie_man

birdie_man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1633 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

I don't know much about it but he has a site..... Also.........I'm sure Spike or Mr. Hart will comment when they see this. -PAUL

#3 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4196 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

Anybody had any experience withe the Peter Croker method.

Good or bad?

PP66, A very simple answer to a very simple question. Good. Too good for most for it does not bear fools gladly like him and his model Ben Hogan. His system is designed to take you all the way If you are prepared to do the hard yards it's for you. ph

#4 Fyirippu

Fyirippu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5668 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

PP66,

A very simple answer to a very simple question. Good. Too good for most for it does not bear fools gladly like him and his model Ben Hogan. His system is designed to take you all the way

If you are prepared to do the hard yards it’s for you.

ph

To say that it is too good for most is complete Bull@#$%. It is no better than any other system. There are also far better coaches out there. Still...it's TGM based so it will get all the hugs and kisses here

#5 powerdraw

powerdraw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

PP66,

A very simple answer to a very simple question. Good. Too good for most for it does not bear fools gladly like him and his model Ben Hogan. His system is designed to take you all the way

If you are prepared to do the hard yards it’s for you.

ph

To say that it is too good for most is complete Bull@#$%.

It is no better than any other system.

There are also far better coaches out there.

Still…it’s TGM based so it will get all the hugs and kisses here

my my Fyrirpoupou....lets turn the question around then,...what is your favorite system?

#6 Fyirippu

Fyirippu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5668 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

my my Fyrirpoupou….lets turn the question around then,...what is your favorite system?

Why not stay on topic and comment on the Croker golf system?

#7 Toolish

Toolish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:21 AM

As much as it pains me to say it, I sorta agree with Fyirippu. In the end it is a system...same as Edwin is a system, one-plane is a system and the 1000's of other systems that are out there. Some of those systems are great, some are crap, and most of what people say about the system is based on personal experience, and rightly so. I can not hit it at all using what I understand of the Edwin system, low hooks and blocks all day...does that make it a bad system, NO, just I don't know enough about it to self diagnose and what I do know doesn't seem to suit me. Peter Lonard on the other hand should go and see Gary again, that system had him playing his best golf. It may suit you, it may not...that you have to work out yourself. BUT, if you are keen to try it as with any other system give it a chance for success, don't try it for a week then change to something else. A bit more directly on the Croker system...I can't get used to the forward press and to me it seems a wasted motion, I am still trying to get passed that initial issue I have...however it did introduce me to lagging the club off the ball, which I still do.

#8 myshouldershurt

myshouldershurt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:32 AM

Toolish, do you know what a reverse roll is?

#9 maidenhead

maidenhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:18 AM

Mate, look up "Vertical Hinge" ... I am sure its in Guru's Articles. Have you read them? Its in one of the first couple of them.

#10 myshouldershurt

myshouldershurt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:36 AM

Mate, look up “Vertical Hinge” ... I am sure its in Guru’s Articles.

Have you read them? Its in one of the first couple of them.

Thanks for that.

#11 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4196 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:05 AM

my my Fyrirpoupou….lets turn the question around then,...what is your favorite system?

Why not stay on topic and comment on the Croker golf system?

Simply please I want to know who he or they are. I will pay a lot of money to the man or woman preferably. Who ever they are. Just a simple list for me to explore please. I am getting older. If I can learn something more before I am worm food--- I want to know. I still feel there is something out there undiscovered or adequately emphasised. It may be simple or not but something. If Crokes system is no better I would like to hear just one simple story why and which is equal. Prove I am wrong. I don't mind. I am aching to be proved wrong and redirected. Pete says people get body happy and leave the club for dead so it flops around and if they get the clubhead moving at the ball-- the body reacts in its natural fashion. Kids do it. Champions probably did it in the developing stages then moved on. Would not this seem an instinctive thing to do as a clear minded hunter type. Throw a spear or club an enemy with a two handed action. Thinking about the lower body could be enough to get you killed. Kill the ars#@le will work if you are thinking' good and on top of your game. Most preaching about golf is do this or that. Pete says murder the ball. Hogan's urging was " BUST IT". I feel he is superior if not well enough infused into the culture, managed or sold. I do know of two men who pushed the same line heroically to their death and not disgraced but misunderstood. Men before their time. Very few will ever know Billy Holder of The Lakes Golf Club Sydney, who was called before the PGA discipline committee for heretical teaching and doubled his teaching schedule the very next week. In other words every one thought he was wrong except his thousands of pupils, who learned super fast. I will not talk about Dalton McCrary. What did he Bill teach. Standard Grip, Stance, take it back stiff to your right foot and pick it straight up and hit it from the top with your right hand. Starting point not what champs think they feel Who else goes there. Only the heroes

#12 Golf-Guru

Golf-Guru

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:13 AM

I would bet that they all have the Imperatives in place even if they had never heard of them.

#13 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4196 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:00 AM

Right Guru, And got there the fastest possible way. In most cases Especially with the Lag Loading or pressure on the club that provides the acceleration. ph

#14 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

You can get some flyby nighters,they come in with some radical new teaching methods and different theories,BUT!!! a truly good teacher with solid teaching methods will last longer,Mr Croker has been in the teaching game a looooong time.Its a solid sound no crap method

#15 Fyirippu

Fyirippu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5668 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:52 PM

You can get some flyby nighters,they come in with some radical new teaching methods and different theories,BUT!!! a truly good teacher with solid teaching methods will last longer,Mr Croker has been in the teaching game a looooong time.Its a solid sound no crap method

And what do you base that on? Every time I post any sort of question/comment that may dare to question the clique (shock/horror), I get canned by the Boys Club and accused of being close minded. Yet all I get in response is anecdotal evidence and personal opinions that imply ignorance on my part. The question that started the topic was "Anybody had any experience with the Peter Croker method. Good or bad?" A glowing response was posted - Hey, that's OK. I post a negative response and promptly get jumped all over by the "How dare you gang". I was prepared to leave it at that and let it go but the denigration of my opinion continued. OK then. I have tried it - That may not be the answer that some of the posters above expected. How many of you can say the same. I don't mean tried it as a teacher/instructor analysis or simply comparing notes but as a mediocre golfer that wanted to improve their game from average to significantly better. I found it no better than anything else out there and there are also better coaches out there. I have enough experience/quaifications in athlete coaching to form an opinion on coaching. IMO Croker is an instructor, not a teacher. An associate of mine suffered soft tissue injuries as a result of training drills and activities under this individual. Another associate who is a very accomplished golfer with a very open and inquisitive mind (not unlike Dart's paragraph about worm food above) went to see what he could learn. That associate was basically told to leave after nearly two hours (which he paid for BTW) because he was asking too many questions that couldn't be answered in terms of "the system". A number of ISG members that are very capable golfers have had interactions with this method and feel the same way. They choose not to publicly comment. However, the question was asked and I would prefer that both sides of the picture are presented. If PP66 takes all of the good/bad feedback on board and it helps him to make an informed choice then so much the better. If PP66 makes up his mind to go and have a crack at this system then good on him and I wish him all the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users