Teetime Specials

• Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $49 (Save 44%) (WAS $89.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart
  • Pacific Harbour Golf Club - $39 (Save 60%) (WAS $99.0)
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlets Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE
  • Trafalgar Golf Club - $25 (Save 0%) (WAS $25.0)
    18 Holes Walking $40 for cart hire at the club
  • Phillip Island Golf Club - $38 (Save 0%) (WAS $38.0)
    18 Holes Walking
  • Drouin Golf
    18 Holes Walking
    18 Holes incl. Cart Carts Must be Back By 5:30 no guarantee of 18 holes ON COURSE AND DRIVING RANGE Dress Regulations Suitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Tailored pants Tailored shorts (Plain Coloured Cargo Shorts will be accepted. camouflage or multi coloured cargo shorts will not be accepted) Skirts/ Skorts Collared Shirt/ Mock style Golf Shirt Anklet sport or full length socks Clean Golf shoe or flat soled sport shoe (no metal spikes) Exception: Children under the age of 12 when accompanied by a suitably attired adult may wear T-Shirt or mock style top Unsuitable Attire: Ladies and Gents Denim pants or denim shorts of any type Tracksuit pants Board shorts or elastic waist/ draw string shorts T-Shirts (of any sort) and Singlets Thongs, sandals or shoes without socks Football jerseys/jumpers Metal spiked and/or open toed golf shoes
Photo

Croker Golf System

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#1 PP66

PP66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:00 AM

Anybody had any experience withe the Peter Croker method. Good or bad?

#2 birdie_man

birdie_man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1633 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

I don't know much about it but he has a site..... Also.........I'm sure Spike or Mr. Hart will comment when they see this. -PAUL

#3 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4176 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:51 AM

Anybody had any experience withe the Peter Croker method.

Good or bad?

PP66, A very simple answer to a very simple question. Good. Too good for most for it does not bear fools gladly like him and his model Ben Hogan. His system is designed to take you all the way If you are prepared to do the hard yards it's for you. ph

#4 Fyirippu

Fyirippu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5668 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

PP66,

A very simple answer to a very simple question. Good. Too good for most for it does not bear fools gladly like him and his model Ben Hogan. His system is designed to take you all the way

If you are prepared to do the hard yards it’s for you.

ph

To say that it is too good for most is complete Bull@#$%. It is no better than any other system. There are also far better coaches out there. Still...it's TGM based so it will get all the hugs and kisses here

#5 powerdraw

powerdraw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

PP66,

A very simple answer to a very simple question. Good. Too good for most for it does not bear fools gladly like him and his model Ben Hogan. His system is designed to take you all the way

If you are prepared to do the hard yards it’s for you.

ph

To say that it is too good for most is complete Bull@#$%.

It is no better than any other system.

There are also far better coaches out there.

Still…it’s TGM based so it will get all the hugs and kisses here

my my Fyrirpoupou....lets turn the question around then,...what is your favorite system?

#6 Fyirippu

Fyirippu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5668 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

my my Fyrirpoupou….lets turn the question around then,...what is your favorite system?

Why not stay on topic and comment on the Croker golf system?

#7 Toolish

Toolish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 12:21 AM

As much as it pains me to say it, I sorta agree with Fyirippu. In the end it is a system...same as Edwin is a system, one-plane is a system and the 1000's of other systems that are out there. Some of those systems are great, some are crap, and most of what people say about the system is based on personal experience, and rightly so. I can not hit it at all using what I understand of the Edwin system, low hooks and blocks all day...does that make it a bad system, NO, just I don't know enough about it to self diagnose and what I do know doesn't seem to suit me. Peter Lonard on the other hand should go and see Gary again, that system had him playing his best golf. It may suit you, it may not...that you have to work out yourself. BUT, if you are keen to try it as with any other system give it a chance for success, don't try it for a week then change to something else. A bit more directly on the Croker system...I can't get used to the forward press and to me it seems a wasted motion, I am still trying to get passed that initial issue I have...however it did introduce me to lagging the club off the ball, which I still do.

#8 myshouldershurt

myshouldershurt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:32 AM

Toolish, do you know what a reverse roll is?

#9 maidenhead

maidenhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:18 AM

Mate, look up "Vertical Hinge" ... I am sure its in Guru's Articles. Have you read them? Its in one of the first couple of them.

#10 myshouldershurt

myshouldershurt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:36 AM

Mate, look up “Vertical Hinge” ... I am sure its in Guru’s Articles.

Have you read them? Its in one of the first couple of them.

Thanks for that.

#11 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4176 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:05 AM

my my Fyrirpoupou….lets turn the question around then,...what is your favorite system?

Why not stay on topic and comment on the Croker golf system?

Simply please I want to know who he or they are. I will pay a lot of money to the man or woman preferably. Who ever they are. Just a simple list for me to explore please. I am getting older. If I can learn something more before I am worm food--- I want to know. I still feel there is something out there undiscovered or adequately emphasised. It may be simple or not but something. If Crokes system is no better I would like to hear just one simple story why and which is equal. Prove I am wrong. I don't mind. I am aching to be proved wrong and redirected. Pete says people get body happy and leave the club for dead so it flops around and if they get the clubhead moving at the ball-- the body reacts in its natural fashion. Kids do it. Champions probably did it in the developing stages then moved on. Would not this seem an instinctive thing to do as a clear minded hunter type. Throw a spear or club an enemy with a two handed action. Thinking about the lower body could be enough to get you killed. Kill the ars#@le will work if you are thinking' good and on top of your game. Most preaching about golf is do this or that. Pete says murder the ball. Hogan's urging was " BUST IT". I feel he is superior if not well enough infused into the culture, managed or sold. I do know of two men who pushed the same line heroically to their death and not disgraced but misunderstood. Men before their time. Very few will ever know Billy Holder of The Lakes Golf Club Sydney, who was called before the PGA discipline committee for heretical teaching and doubled his teaching schedule the very next week. In other words every one thought he was wrong except his thousands of pupils, who learned super fast. I will not talk about Dalton McCrary. What did he Bill teach. Standard Grip, Stance, take it back stiff to your right foot and pick it straight up and hit it from the top with your right hand. Starting point not what champs think they feel Who else goes there. Only the heroes

#12 Golf-Guru

Golf-Guru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:13 AM

I would bet that they all have the Imperatives in place even if they had never heard of them.

#13 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4176 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:00 AM

Right Guru, And got there the fastest possible way. In most cases Especially with the Lag Loading or pressure on the club that provides the acceleration. ph

#14 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

You can get some flyby nighters,they come in with some radical new teaching methods and different theories,BUT!!! a truly good teacher with solid teaching methods will last longer,Mr Croker has been in the teaching game a looooong time.Its a solid sound no crap method

#15 Fyirippu

Fyirippu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5668 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:52 PM

You can get some flyby nighters,they come in with some radical new teaching methods and different theories,BUT!!! a truly good teacher with solid teaching methods will last longer,Mr Croker has been in the teaching game a looooong time.Its a solid sound no crap method

And what do you base that on? Every time I post any sort of question/comment that may dare to question the clique (shock/horror), I get canned by the Boys Club and accused of being close minded. Yet all I get in response is anecdotal evidence and personal opinions that imply ignorance on my part. The question that started the topic was "Anybody had any experience with the Peter Croker method. Good or bad?" A glowing response was posted - Hey, that's OK. I post a negative response and promptly get jumped all over by the "How dare you gang". I was prepared to leave it at that and let it go but the denigration of my opinion continued. OK then. I have tried it - That may not be the answer that some of the posters above expected. How many of you can say the same. I don't mean tried it as a teacher/instructor analysis or simply comparing notes but as a mediocre golfer that wanted to improve their game from average to significantly better. I found it no better than anything else out there and there are also better coaches out there. I have enough experience/quaifications in athlete coaching to form an opinion on coaching. IMO Croker is an instructor, not a teacher. An associate of mine suffered soft tissue injuries as a result of training drills and activities under this individual. Another associate who is a very accomplished golfer with a very open and inquisitive mind (not unlike Dart's paragraph about worm food above) went to see what he could learn. That associate was basically told to leave after nearly two hours (which he paid for BTW) because he was asking too many questions that couldn't be answered in terms of "the system". A number of ISG members that are very capable golfers have had interactions with this method and feel the same way. They choose not to publicly comment. However, the question was asked and I would prefer that both sides of the picture are presented. If PP66 takes all of the good/bad feedback on board and it helps him to make an informed choice then so much the better. If PP66 makes up his mind to go and have a crack at this system then good on him and I wish him all the best.

#16 Golf-Guru

Golf-Guru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10674 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:05 AM

I have just read the book on the system which is very good. Plenty of answers in there. I could see how this is a system that would take a bit of dedication to learn step by step and it is a very different approach to the one which could have lead to injuries which I had heard of as well. Unless you were willing to spend at least 10 hours of hands on and twice as many working out from basics up then like any method you will be burning your effort spend on short lessons. The imperatives are all there. Just how you load is a little different on the way back. It sure can be done with the dedication to learn the pattern. There are some quirks but if YOU understand the pattern rather than copy via position golf you will be able to work the ball just fine.

#17 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:56 AM

And what do you base that on?

Every time I post any sort of question/comment that may dare to question the clique (shock/horror), I get canned by the Boys Club and accused of being close minded. Yet all I get in response is anecdotal evidence and personal opinions that imply ignorance on my part.

The question that started the topic was “Anybody had any experience with the Peter Croker method. Good or bad?”

A glowing response was posted – Hey, that’s OK. I post a negative response and promptly get jumped all over by the “How dare you gang”. I was prepared to leave it at that and let it go but the denigration of my opinion continued.

OK then.

I have tried it – That may not be the answer that some of the posters above expected. How many of you can say the same. I don’t mean tried it as a teacher/instructor analysis or simply comparing notes but as a mediocre golfer that wanted to improve their game from average to significantly better. I found it no better than anything else out there and there are also better coaches out there. I have enough experience/quaifications in athlete coaching to form an opinion on coaching. IMO Croker is an instructor, not a teacher.

An associate of mine suffered soft tissue injuries as a result of training drills and activities under this individual.

Another associate who is a very accomplished golfer with a very open and inquisitive mind (not unlike Dart’s paragraph about worm food above) went to see what he could learn. That associate was basically told to leave after nearly two hours (which he paid for BTW) because he was asking too many questions that couldn’t be answered in terms of “the system”.

A number of ISG members that are very capable golfers have had interactions with this method and feel the same way. They choose not to publicly comment. However, the question was asked and I would prefer that both sides of the picture are presented.

If PP66 takes all of the good/bad feedback on board and it helps him to make an informed choice then so much the better. If PP66 makes up his mind to go and have a crack at this system then good on him and I wish him all the best.

#18 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3320 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:02 AM

And what do you base that on?

Every time I post any sort of question/comment that may dare to question the clique (shock/horror), I get canned by the Boys Club and accused of being close minded. Yet all I get in response is anecdotal evidence and personal opinions that imply ignorance on my part.

The question that started the topic was “Anybody had any experience with the Peter Croker method. Good or bad?”

A glowing response was posted – Hey, that’s OK. I post a negative response and promptly get jumped all over by the “How dare you gang”. I was prepared to leave it at that and let it go but the denigration of my opinion continued.

OK then.

I have tried it – That may not be the answer that some of the posters above expected. How many of you can say the same. I don’t mean tried it as a teacher/instructor analysis or simply comparing notes but as a mediocre golfer that wanted to improve their game from average to significantly better. I found it no better than anything else out there and there are also better coaches out there. I have enough experience/quaifications in athlete coaching to form an opinion on coaching. IMO Croker is an instructor, not a teacher.

An associate of mine suffered soft tissue injuries as a result of training drills and activities under this individual.

Another associate who is a very accomplished golfer with a very open and inquisitive mind (not unlike Dart’s paragraph about worm food above) went to see what he could learn. That associate was basically told to leave after nearly two hours (which he paid for BTW) because he was asking too many questions that couldn’t be answered in terms of “the system”.

A number of ISG members that are very capable golfers have had interactions with this method and feel the same way. They choose not to publicly comment. However, the question was asked and I would prefer that both sides of the picture are presented.

If PP66 takes all of the good/bad feedback on board and it helps him to make an informed choice then so much the better. If PP66 makes up his mind to go and have a crack at this system then good on him and I wish him all the best.

Hey,furypu,I hope Ididnt offend you,if I did Im sorry certainly didnt mean to,you are right I didnt read question correctly,mine was just an opinion,Im certainly not "one of the boys",I for one actually enjoy most of your posts.

#19 TheDart

TheDart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4176 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:23 AM

I like him too and I want to know positively who is a better teacher/ instructor than Croker. I would like to know 123 and why. We have the perfect research tool. I can tell you mine and why. This could be god---good. It might help them. I would love to know where I rate for instance. Anyone can say this or that is crap--- too easy, it smacks of prejudice or sloppy research . Let me hear for a change what could be of use. No matter how badly expressed, I will say thanks for the contribution. If we accentuated the positive and eschewed the negative could we not progress at a faster rate. The formula would look like yes and yes and yes and yes instead of yes but no but yes and no and yes and no. In other words a compounding positive essay that may lead somewhere because a trend of successful actions would surface to the benefit of all. Competition is less productive than suportition as the Maltese Psychologist Edward De Bono said. Adding positive to positive- this is good from this system and that for that system or this is common, could help some one. If one says yea and the other nay inspiration is dead. Inspiration ineffectual is still inspiration. Let them go and find out with there own brains but get the bastards off there !@#$ in arse. Finding out something does not work is valuable but only if it is ones own finding. Any certainty is extremely foundational for the next piece of data that turns up. Maybe on maybe is a slow death. Crokes come out with some crap and some gold. What if we collected this gold and put it with that gold. Pretty soon you have a treasure chest but to throw out the gold because there is a piece of shite stuck to it seems wasteful. ph

#20 PeterCroker

PeterCroker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

Dear PP66, I have been asked to add to this post so as to help you and others gain a better understanding of the Croker Golf System and what I am wishing to contribute to golfers looking to "enjoy the hit!" and the game of golf now and into the future. I have read the posts here and feel that some clarification of my System and clearing of my reputation as an Instructor in the game of golf may be needed. As Paul Hart mentions, some rubbish may have surfaced along the way in researching and developing what has become an extensive bank of golfing knowledge. Homer Kelley mentions in his great book, "In every system, some garbage must surface. Let todays garbage be superior to yesterdays." (this quote may be a little off as I do not have the book directly at my side) Anyway my life purpose has been to uncover the most basic and simplist way to learn and play this great game of golf. I feel at this time that I am able to do this and I offer my services to all who are willing to look and take the journey on a "Path to Better Golf." I am sorry if some readers here experienced some negative results in my attempt at coaching them to play better golf. I certainly am not perfect and as they say "Shift happens!" I certainly have shifted my viewpoint on many aspects and will continue to look for better ways to help all my students enjoy their learning experiences. My track record shows many are happy with what I have given them on the lesson tee and I hope to help many more for many more years to come. One thing I have learned along the way is that good communicators deal in specifics and not generalities. If they have something constructive to say they give specific data, time, form and event, and names. Suppression is easy to spot when you see someone speaking (or writing) in generalaties and not naming names, etc. It seems that some who post here are more into destruction and not construction. Perhaps they need to revisit me and have their misunderstandings cleared up for the benefit of all. I appreciate Paul Harts words on this and certainly do not ever want to cause harm or upset for anyone looking to play this game to a higher standard. I am sorry that some students in the past have hurt themselves when attempting what they consider the Croker Golf System is suggesting. When applied standardly, the Croker Golf System produces minimal strain on all body parts - especially the back. The Croker Golf System in founded in the geometry and physics of an orthodox golf swing. It clearly defines the major alignments required for structure, control, and power. For those who fear that we are too complicated because of all the aligned data available from putt to drive, may I remind you that you do not need to know all in the beginning to acquire positive results. Our System is learned and applied one step at a time. Through simple drills you break free of over thinking and this will lead you to playing golf free of unnecessary tension and thoughts. Good golf is simple and easy and this is our end product. I look forward to seeing all of you at one of the Iseekgolf workshops in the future. Kindest Regards, Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users