101 replies to this topic

#16 choco

choco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 10:43 AM

Eminem,the waifs,morcheeba remember E.L.O i still love their music,i don't really have any favourites it's what happens to be around at times through life that is revelant to me at the time others are eagles,craig david,stones.

#17 joe

joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1291 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 06:45 PM

Classical
Baroque Period (Bach, Handel, Teleman, Pachelbel) through to classical period (Mozart, Hayden, Schubert).
Opera
Rossini, Puccini & Mozart. (Favorite opera singer - Cecilia Bartoli)
Jazz
Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Winton Marsalis.
Rock/Pop
Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Steely Dan, Steve Morse, Leo Kotke, Allman Bros, Gary Hoey, The Eels, Nick Drake, Tool, John Butler Trio, & many, many more.
(1st record I bought was the single of 'Rock & Roll All Night' by Kiss. I was 8 at the time.)
World Music
Studied Bolivian folk music about 6-7 years ago for I film I was working on. I fell in love with it. I listen to a band called 'Arauco Libre'
Sample Music
Moby, Primitive Radio God, Propellerheads.
Film Music
Thomas Newman (Genius & a nice guy), Hans Zimmer, George Fenton, Christopher Young.

Massive Attack's music is still the best music to dance to with your loved one. Vertically or Horizontally. :twisted:

Joe

#18 Courty

Courty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:12 PM

bebox,
quote "1700 CD's and counting"

you win. smile.gif

#19 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:39 PM

Do I win a free CD for winning? :mrgreen:

Joe, that is one ecelectic mix of music! Good to see Steve Morse in there, he is awesome - "The Introduction" on his first album is one of my faves. You would probably like Eric Johnson too I would think?

J
ISG

#20 cazandpaul

cazandpaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 08:29 PM

I am going to show my age - Supertramp, Meatloaf, The Angels, Deep Purple, Jimmy and the Boys, Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Beach Boys.

These days it ranges from Dixie Chicks, The Corrs and, even tho most rap is crap, Eminem.

Regards

Paul smile.gif

#21 choco

choco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 10:23 PM

has'nt Marshal Mathers hit a nerve with his lyrics,sign of the times and he's taken all before him no 1 album,singles,film.just goes to show if you can put to music what most people are feeling succes will follow.

#22 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 10:29 PM

choco, I hope that "most" people don't feel like him...jesus, it must be hard getting out of bed each morning!

J
ISG

#23 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 11:42 PM

Well, not a huge music fan but in my personal CD collection (around 20 and counting, slowly)
Kiss, always loved them always will!
Chris Isaac, he's piss funny as well as a great musician,
Elvis, awesome singer and an intriguing individual
Some mixed Country/Western (OK I'm a dork, sue me!)
Frank Sinatra, Tom Jones, just love the sounds these bloke s make with their mouths, if you could sing like them you would pull chicks left right and centre!

I also have a few Kevin Bloody Wilson CD's, always good for a chuckle!
Cant stand Rap and the crap these young knuckleheads pump out of thier cars in front of my factory everyday at deafining levels!

#24 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 11:48 PM

Talking about music, my Sisters boss is a mate of a Guy who is a big knob with the Rolling Stones. He rang her and asked her to come to a concert but she said she couldnt as she had other plans that night. He begged her to drop in for a little while so she agreed. When she got there 1/2 late, she was given a back stage pass and when she met the Guy she was supposed to meet there, he said 'Pity you wernt here 10 minutes ago, you could have met the boys...why don't you step out on Stage and have a look!' So she goes to the edge of the Stage, the Stones are going off, Mick Jaggers 10 feet away from her singing Angie and 40,000 people are screaming and singing!
Unbelieveable! She reckons it was a real buzz.
She had to go so the guy told her, 'Anytime, Anywhere in the World the Stones are playing, you just come to the stage enterance, mention my name and you can come in and meet the band and stay for the party!'

She's a Freak!!!!!!!!!!

#25 joe

joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1291 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 12:32 AM

You would probably like Eric Johnson too I would think?  

Yes, I do, but he gets a little sterile sometimes, for my tastes.

I don't concider my taste eclectic as I think most people would get into a wide range of music if they had the opportunity. I'm just interested in the quality. If I see value in something, I don't care what sort of music it is or who it is by.

Joe

#26 drunken

drunken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:33 AM

well if youre gunna mention eric johnson and steve vai you might as well chuck joe satriani in as well...my collection ranges from audioslave to the tea party, gary moore, incubus, pearl jam, jack johnson, sum 41...its all good biggrin.gif

pretty much everything except most pop and techno :evil:

#27 damo

damo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 02:16 AM

[choco -

-has'nt  Marshal Mathers hit a nerve with his lyrics,sign of the times and he's taken all before him no 1 album,singles,film.just goes to show if you can put to music what most people are feeling succes will follow -

think it really shows that you can sell a lot of shite to people / kids if you market it well and he is a big load of absolute shite!!!

damo

#28 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 02:24 AM

bebox, would be good to meet all those stars just to get the cast off's the boys didnt want! :twisted:

#29 admin

admin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6360 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 04:18 AM

yeh and there were plenty of those! Old Gene Simmons was trying his hardest with a few of our staff...yikes!

#30 Hulkster

Hulkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 05:25 AM

Any Concrete Blonde fans out there? They may just be one the most underrated acts of all time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users