4 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 03:09 AM

Taree Golf Club is the Venue for one of the real FUN events on this year's golfing calendar. The event started as a challenge between a couple of Greek mates, but the Aussies soon complained that they too wanted to play a round of golf while eating prawns and drinking Ouzo & Sambucca. So, The Greek Open was born. It starts on Friday evening with a naturalization ceremony held at Taree Golf Club, where you will be expected to bribe the organisers with lots of drinks while entering your name in Greek. ie; Smithopoulos, Brownoolis. etc.
Saturday's Event is an 18 hole stroke for the Sambucca Cup, alone with lots of other great prizes and laughs.
Please direct any enquirys to Taree Golf Club or organiser & sponsor
Peter Katsoolis on 65525335 or 0438539995.
We have lots of fun, so come and play at our fantastic course.
CHEERS.

#2 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 05 May 2001 - 04:33 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun dude, should be more of these novelty days around the country.

#3 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 09 May 2001 - 03:06 AM

OK...now you know about it, are you going to come and drink...opppss, I mean play.???

#4 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 16 May 2001 - 10:20 AM

mate, i'd love too except it's not in my part of the country.

#5 Anonymous

Anonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2008 posts

Posted 23 May 2001 - 03:00 AM

Hey...Onassis, anytime you might be heading up the east coast, just call, as I would love to show anyone our great course here in Taree.
It has one of the finest 1st 9's in rural NSW.
PS... a lot of very tied & emotional "Part -time Greeks" lying around on the week-end. The winner was "Brutus Runalotis", a local accountant known as Bruce Walker. GG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users