24564 replies to this topic

#46 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 07:17 AM

I think I've done something nasty to mu right shoulder...hurts like hell on the follow thru...so I've been hitting nasty low slices yesterday arvo, and this morning...not fun at all...may try and get another 9 in tomorrow if the shoulder gets better overnite...

collar bone is where it hurts the most, but not sure why or how...any 1 with similar experiences???

#47 henry

henry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 07:24 AM

mau,
I'm no doctor, but maybe not playing golf for a couple of days might help the injury, instead of inflaming it?

#48 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 07:28 PM

Hit the ball pretty good on Saturday and still went around 4 down. Didn't capatalise on my chances and missed a few close ones, mext thin you know i lose 2 of the last 3 holes and bang, crap score!
Ohh well, i have a game at kingston Heath on Tuesday, I can look forward to that! 8)

#49 henry

henry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 07:43 PM

And after you play Kingston Heath Judge, you can tell us if you STILL think that Metropolitan is a better golf course. :roll:

#50 joe

joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1291 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 03:14 AM

mau

See a doctor. If its the rota cuff then it could be a long lay off, so don't do anything stupid. playing too much while you don't know could cause more damage.

Joe

#51 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 04:59 AM

Henry, I have played Kingston Heath already, maybe if I had the cahnce to play Metro again I may change my mind, but at this stage, happy to stick with Metro... remember though, I don't put as much emphisis on design as you do! Cya tuesday night! biggrin.gif

#52 naragah

naragah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:48 AM

Mau could RSI (to many posts ISG) see a Dr before you play anymore

#53 henry

henry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 06:06 AM

Judge,
You won't be going home until you agree with me (and the other people present) that KH is a better course than Metro.

If you don't rate a course based on design, then what do you rate it on? 100% conditioning?

#54 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 06:50 AM

shoulder is a little bit better today (no golf), I had to be really careful sleeping/lying last nite as to not give myself more grieve...
defn more mobility in the shoulder, but collar bone still hurts (a little bit now), and seems like top of the shoulder as well...
see how it goes tonite... :

#55 onewood

onewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 05:02 AM

Feeling pretty cocky for the medal tomorrow

Hows the shoulder Mau, ready for the big one !

Lets see if Im bragging Tomorrow or just no comment again biggrin.gif :roll: 8)

#56 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:48 AM

w hat are you playin onewood? We have par, I'm thinking 3 up minimum tomorrow, I'm in form and looking like I should give it a shake...stay tuned for a 7 down story!!!!!!

#57 onewood

onewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 07:38 AM

Always stroke

Can't stand par, I try to play somewere else on par days.

I was on the match committee last year and we had two for the year

#58 jeanmc

jeanmc

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12114 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:13 AM

1wood...shoulders (yes, BOTH) are okay now...but my game seems to gave gone off the boil...played 3 nines since two sundays ago, and haven't broken 40 yet...
got captain's cup this Sunday, so hope to play reasonably well...

2 Sundays ago was the first time this year (on home course) that I shot more than 80 in a comp round, so fingers crossed that's not a start of something infectious...

playing with a young gun tomorrow, so it'll be good for me to sharpen my game up...as I need all the sharpening for the upcoming m/medal...I've got a 6 shot lead after 3 m/medal from the rest of the field...best 6 round (out of 12) gets to go to Bintan Lagoon (for 2) 4days/3nites and 3 games of golf (all expenses paid)...

:mrgreen:

#59 onewood

onewood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4484 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 05:36 PM

Interesting that you say playing with a young gun today that it may sharpen your game up. Do you think it helps playing with someone of your own ability or just a little better :?:
I mentioned "own ability" because I hear a lot of B & C grade players say that they play better with an A grader in the group.I think you must still have somebody in your group in the same grade. (just for that little competitive instict in us)

I'd be interested in everybodys thoughts.

#60 judgesmails

judgesmails

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 07:14 PM

I don't give a rats what handicap the guys I play with are on, so long as they want a bet and are up for a bit of sledging, they can be off plus 4 as one mate is or off 33 like another!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1), peterk